My first time flying
1371 24 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allison32401
lvl.1

United States

This is my first time flying. The video isn't anything very interesting, but I will say I almost threw up when I flew it. It makes me nervous and I am still getting use to it.  Also, this is not the original video, it is a quick download so it is a little distorted

2017-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job Alison, nice video for your first, I hope you realised it's nothing to be scared of, just remember take your time to learn the basics, try putting together a pre and flight checklist.

Above all enjoy the flying. Good luck..
2017-3-1
Use props
allison32401\
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-1 05:51
Good job Alison, nice video for your first, I hope you realised it's nothing to be scared of, just remember take your time to learn the basics, try putting together a pre and flight checklist.

Above all enjoy the flying. Good luck..

I know it won't, but I keep thinking it is just going to fall out of the sky lol. Thank you.
2017-3-1
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Almost throwing up is part of the fun! Jk. Welcome to the club!
2017-3-1
Use props
braddos
lvl.1
Canada

Cool first video! I did my first flight yesterday to get a feel for it and loved it. I only took a couple pics and just tryed to get a feel for the controls. Looks like your in a nice spot to get some nice videos.
2017-3-1
Use props
bigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 65771 ft
United Kingdom

Nice One Allison yourve got more nerve than me going out over the water for your first flight, Ive only been flying just over a month ans still dare not go out over the water,
2017-3-1
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the club Allison. I would also suggest getting a cheap quadcopter to practice manual flying without GPS assist. You will be a better pilot for it.
2017-3-1
Use props
MarkG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311660 ft
United States

Cool video.  I flew mine for the first time a couple days ago.  I was way nervous too.  Have fun with it.
2017-3-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Nice job on your first fligh, I'm sure the nervousness will subside soon.
2017-3-1
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

You did well.

It is great fun.

Enjoy
2017-3-1
Use props
REL57
New
Flight distance : 90023 ft
United States

That's awesome!
Congrats!
2017-3-1
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I think she just flew above that land next boats.  Nice and she took it rock steady.
2017-3-1
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

I love flying over the water,, great job
2017-3-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

allison32401\@g Posted at 2017-3-1 05:55
I know it won't, but I keep thinking it is just going to fall out of the sky lol. Thank you.

Aloha allison,

Ditto on what all the others said!  Later, after you have explored the manual and tried different settings, come back to us and we will be happy to help you sort out the confusion.  There is no shortage of advice on this Forum.  

BTW, if you should get sick while flying, turn your head and then wipe your chin on your shoulder before resuming operations.  It keeps the equipment from aging prematurely!  (Sorry, boy humor!)

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-2
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

I understand her!
Everytime that Phantom takes off, I get nervous about this noise it generate.
And I'm not afraid of fall of the sky, I'm afraid of not finding drone after it fall off I usually fly BVLOS with help of Litchi. Almost 70% of missions are beyond range of RC so I cant even see where the drone is exactly
2017-3-2
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

adrian8891 Posted at 2017-3-2 11:48
I understand her!
And I'm not afraid of fall of the sky, I'm afraid of not finding drone after it fall off  I usually fly BVLOS with help of Litchi. Almost 70% of missions are beyond range of RC so I cant even see where the drone is exactly

I've been on this forum for quite some time, but these mission on Litchi, what exatcly are they?
2017-3-2
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Allison! It took me 32 flights before i dared flying over water so you're quite the daredevil! Happy flying
2017-3-2
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Mariuss Posted at 2017-3-2 12:23
I've been on this forum for quite some time, but these mission on Litchi, what exatcly are they?

Waypoint missions - You use Google Maps, pick waypoints, set on each of them things like Altitude, heading etc. Then all what You do is just click "Start" and drone is flying totally auto. Of course, You need to set everything right, because if something is set wrong then ... You know ... Something wrong might happen ;)
2017-3-2
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

adrian8891 Posted at 2017-3-2 12:24
Waypoint missions - You use Google Maps, pick waypoints, set on each of them things like Altitude, heading etc. Then all what You do is just click "Start" and drone is flying totally auto. Of course, You need to set everything right, because if something is set wrong then ... You know ... Something wrong might happen ;)

Thanks adrian! I use my drone for film and photo, exatcly what is the point of these waypoint missions? Especially if they might be out of radiorange without live feed  
2017-3-2
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Litchi is a great way to let go of your fear. Plan a nice long waypoint mission, 2-3km, send it out, you'll loose video first, then rc signal will go. Sit down and wait a few minutes and it will eventually come back in range. You'll have loads of video footage you haven't seen which is really exciting when you get home. And you'll learn just how good these things are.

Let it go and if it's meant to be it will come back
2017-3-2
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Imagine that there is very nice castle on island! You cannot swim those 1500 meters to start drone from island and film whole castle around.

So, here's where Litchi comes.

You start Google Maps, pick waypoints around whole castle, set some safe altitude like eg. 150m.
You click START, then autorecording goes on - it turns REC on!

You lose signal in approx 600m from home point, but drone is going all way trought waypoints filming what it see
After few minutes it goes back to You were signal is back again.

You land safetly and get all castle video on SD.

Simple? ;)
2017-3-2
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

we all know the amazing scary feeling of doing our first flight. It is like a narcotic! Even now after 42 flights i find my self with a leg cramp from tensing up my leg muscles involuntarily during flight. Keep the blades up and gimble down and stay away from trees!!
2017-3-3
Use props
allison32401\
lvl.1

United States

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am glad I am not the only that felt this way.
2017-3-7
Use props
allison32401\
lvl.1

United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-1 19:47
I think she just flew above that land next boats.  Nice and she took it rock steady.

Thank you, but no I actually flew it over the water not to far out over but I did do it
2017-3-7
Use props
allison32401\
lvl.1

United States

adrian8891 Posted at 2017-3-2 11:48
I understand her!
And I'm not afraid of fall of the sky, I'm afraid of not finding drone after it fall off  I usually fly BVLOS with help of Litchi. Almost 70% of missions are beyond range of RC so I cant even see where the drone is exactly

I agree, I think it is the noise of it that bothers me most.  I know I would not be able to try the Litchi yet, cause I would freak out when it got out of range, but I think that is a pretty cool thing and one day I will try it out when I get more comfortable.
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules