Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-11 18:48
Hi Jon

This is disappointing news !! I hope you get to try again and see if you can get some more speed.  I wonder if we can get DJI to comment on this subject?  They dropped the speed on the Inspire 1 also with FW early on....  I was counting on the extra speed of the Inspire 2

Today i had a paid job to film an electric sports car here in China. When i was offered the contract it was because i was the fastest being considered of those contacted. I decided to be open and honest up front with the customer before i wasted any of his time. He contacted the next fastest offer just a few mph lower than my original so i have lost a contract that would have paid for more than 50% of my investment in the I2.     
I tried again today and deliberately choose to fly with a tailwind but it didn't improve things as it was noticeable the I2 was actively slowing the speed by changing attitude when it approached 80kph.

I do hope someone in DJI listens as it was sold with a "SPORTS" setting and right now the difference between P and S is so small. Perhaps they miss spelt the S to be something?   
2017-3-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-11 22:09
Today i had a paid job to film an electric sports car here in China. When i was offered the contract it was because i was the fastest being considered of those contacted. I decided to be open and honest up front with the customer before i wasted any of his time. He contacted the next fastest offer just a few mph lower than my original so i have lost a contract that would have paid for more than 50% of my investment in the I2.     
I tried again today and deliberately choose to fly with a tailwind but it didn't improve things as it was noticeable the I2 was actively slowing the speed by changing attitude when it approached 80kph.

Hi Jon

Thanks for reporting back to us. I am very sad to hear this news!! I was looking forward to getting the I2 and the speed.... now I wonder if it is worth the money to upgrade at all. DJI should not pull the rug from under the Pro's using a (FW update) and let the customers weigh in on the reason they did this... Or give us the option to use the speed or slow it down!

Rich
2017-3-11
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-11 22:09

Hi Dr Jon,
May I ask you did you try to test max speed in ATTI mode?
Specs say that max. speed is 58mph in S, and max.. pitch angle is 40deg in S, while it is 35deg in P and A modes, but as far as I understand there will be no speed limit in ATTI. Could that be beneficial to max speed I do not know, but curious to find out...
2017-3-11
Use props
Amadeusz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24190 ft
United Arab Emirates

I have already shared my own experience regarding the speed after FW upgrade.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D385%26typeid%3D385

It seems like not too many of you have gone through this topic,  but I am not the only one who has the issue with a maximum speed.  I was so amazed with I2, when I saw the performance.  Now it's just another I1, with dual battery redundancy.

Since I am not First Officer or General or King on this forum, noone is really bothered that I feel scammed and cheated.  I would really give a lot to rollback the firmware. That was the biggest mistake I could have done with this investment. I'm jealous about those, who went through the upgrade without any issues.

Anyways,  I guess there is nothing else to do than just wait for the FW upgrade which will decrease maximum speed to 30 km/h or less.

P.S. I tried ATTI - same issue
2017-3-12
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-11 00:19
Today i went out to try the new firmware ensure all is okay for my filming the new car on Sunday. No mater how hard i hit the stick in Sports mode I cant get her faster than 50 mph (80 kph) WEB SITE SAYS 58MPH but i was geeting much more.

I noticed the tilt angle has changed as before if i pushed her hard the error message "end of gimbal track" doesn't appear anymore. I didn't notice the change as listed in the release notes.

I'm sure you probably check this but, Were you sure you were in Sports Mode? I noticed after the firmware update that mode changes was disabled and I had to re-enable it. I also found that other setting were also reset to defaults.  

Tom
2017-3-12
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

dldp-sp Posted at 2017-3-12 01:59
I'm sure you probably check this but, Were you sure you were in Sports Mode? I noticed after the firmware update that mode changes was disabled and I had to re-enable it. I also found that other setting were also reset to defaults.  

Tom

Yes it said SPORT on the Go screen right next to the I2 icon
2017-3-12
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

I'm so annoyed I have asked one of my team to take a look at the SDK see if we can't find a workaround just like the channel extender.....

First we need to see what the firmware update will do when it arrives on the 17 March !!!
2017-3-12
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

Amadeusz Posted at 2017-3-12 00:22

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=87984&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D385%26typeid%3D385

Hey sorry your to hear your in the same boat as me. First we shall see what the new firmware fixes. If it don't then i will code a fix to get it back to realistic numbers at a minimum the value as per specification on the web site. If they at a later date DJI bitch i was going to fast i will simply send then a copy of the web site values i bought the I2 against.

Also i don't understand why they couldn't just tell me they had done this...OR even given me a choice to go fast at my own risk?   
2017-3-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-12 03:40
Hey sorry your to hear your in the same boat as me. First we shall see what the new firmware fixes. If it don't then i will code a fix to get it back to realistic numbers at a minimum the value as per specification on the web site. If they at a later date DJI bitch i was going to fast i will simply send then a copy of the web site values i bought the I2 against.

Also i don't understand why they couldn't just tell me they had done this...OR even given me a choice to go fast at my own risk?

Jon
keep us posted, I am very interested in the outcome. Also, maybe you can share the speed hack (if it gets to that point)

Rich
2017-3-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Amadeusz Posted at 2017-3-12 00:22

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=87984&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D385%26typeid%3D385

Hey man the forum rating does not really get you much here.... we all try to help fellow flyers whenever it is possible. I do not own the I2 yet and saving my pennies.

I am very disappointed to read about this speed reduction with the last FW update. DJI did the same thing with the Inspire 1 to protect battery failures in flight. Now with the redundant batteries I do not understand why they would do this.

I am wanting to buy the Inspire 2 because of the speed along with the new camera options.

Rich
2017-3-12
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sad to say... i cant improve on 50 mph so thats 8mph slower than specification.
2017-3-26
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

Dr Jon, I posted on the other forum my flight results after the latest FW change and in summary, I am seeing exactly the same decrease in speed.  I wasn't able to observe the change in pitch angle but that is probably happening as you saw.  Yup, DJI screwed us again and didn't mention it in the FW notes.  I'm just hoping it was another one of their FW glitches that resulted in this speed decrease in Sport mode.  I plan to do more flight tests shortly, this time with no camera attached and see how it performs both in Sport as well as ATTI modes.
2017-3-26
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Amadeusz, I just want you to know that the status of each member make no difference around here .  Many members besides yourself have expressed their displeasure with the speed reduction  and have not received any lengthy explanation from DJI as to the exact reasoning .  

Maybe you should contact a REP at DJI directly , this forum is mostly for members to exchange ideas and help one another with SOME assistance from DJI staff.  

I guess what I am trying to say is dont feel that your forum status makes any difference  as to why you are not getting an explanation from DJI regarding this.  Not saying it is RIGHT, just saying that it happens .

Hopefully with enough  input frpom members DJI can give us an explanation and perhaps find a way in the future to return the speeds to the  original specs. In the future do not update till you can get some feedback from members as to all the details of the update and DO NOT use the  release notes as a guide as they do tend to omit certain things ........

donnie
2017-3-26
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

I had an WeChat session today DJI tech support about this a summary of what I  received ..

The I2 can accelerate from 0 to 50mph (80kph) in just 5 seconds and flies at a max attitude angle of 40°.  to obtain faster speeds is dependent upon environmental considerations but stability will always be the key focus.  
2017-3-27
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
United States

Yup, just as I thought. They have reduced the top speed again.  Very sneaky.
2017-3-27
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-27 03:39
I had an WeChat session today DJI tech support about this a summary of what I  received ..

The I2 can accelerate from 0 to 50mph (80kph) in just 5 seconds and flies at a max attitude angle of 40°.  to obtain faster speeds is dependent upon environmental considerations but stability will always be the key focus.

This was always the case on acceleration to 50mph, but it shouldn't stop there. DJI needs to comment on this. Glad I stayed away from the firmware, hope I wont be forced to update at any point.

John.
2017-3-27
Use props
fans1e7d1508
lvl.4
Flight distance : 204409 ft
Spain

steelej80.googl Posted at 2017-3-27 13:05
This was always the case on acceleration to 50mph, but it shouldn't stop there. DJI needs to comment on this. Glad I stayed away from the firmware, hope I wont be forced to update at any point.

John.

It's a shame I buy this equipment precisely because of its speed, it's like I buy a car because it reaches 200 kph and suddenly runs 160 kph .....
2017-3-27
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

There are enough speeds drop posts on this forum with a good deal of disappointed customers to suggest the 'no comment' from DJI is a message in itself.
2017-3-28
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

I have an idea of how to get back to old firmware.....

crash the thing into a wall as fast as you can.. send it of DJI "care refresh" and get a new bird
2017-3-30
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-30 09:03
I have an idea of how to get back to old firmware.....

crash the thing into a wall as fast as you can.. send it of DJI "care refresh" and get a new bird

Now that is thinking outside the box for sure .....love it !! LOL

donnie
2017-3-31
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Was that after the latest firmware?! Which firmware version are you using?! 'Cause there's a plenty of guys complaining about possible speed decreased after latest firmware...
2017-3-31
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WellFlightz Posted at 2017-3-31 13:42
Was that after the latest firmware?! Which firmware version are you using?! 'Cause there's a plenty of guys complaining about possible speed decreased after latest firmware...

It happened after the latest update to 240.
2017-3-31
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I was trying again today with a small tailwind and i cant get past 52 mph. I did notice as the I2 flew past me that the tilt angle on any of the settings (S,A,P) are very similar once the I2 has reached its "maximum" speed. Whilst i can see in S mode at initial start the I2 does stick its nose down and go forward very quickly but when up to speed the nose rises. I can find no improvement in Atti and best is using Sport.  
2017-4-3
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
United States

I'd say the for what ever reason DJI has reduced the I2 top speed as part of the last FW update.  Sure wish they would have been upfront and said that in the release notes.
2017-4-3
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-4-3 00:46
I was trying again today with a small tailwind and i cant get past 52 mph. I did notice as the I2 flew past me that the tilt angle on any of the settings (S,A,P) are very similar once the I2 has reached its "maximum" speed. Whilst i can see in S mode at initial start the I2 does stick its nose down and go forward very quickly but when up to speed the nose rises. I can find no improvement in Atti and best is using Sport.

Man, my disappointment marries with my peace...I was considering upgrading to I2 till few days  ago, but now with this speed decreasing, I brake...exactly the one feature that  would be more useful for me...top and responsive speed...that's what is needed for radical sports, what I've been aiming the last months! Let's see if someone else on DJI will have the respect and consideration to talk about this dishonest hit!!!! They've sold I2 with a top speed and then think to have the right to change it without consent or even knowledge by the owners! Unacceptable...
2017-4-4
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just updated the firmware and did a flight test I'm pleased to say that with no wind at all i got 57mph in S mode made no difference in Atti.

So DJI have restored the operation speed back to the original values.  
2017-4-17
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
United States

I second that!  My flight test indicated exactly the same thing.  Glad it's back to normal.
2017-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules