Tripod mode for standard p4??
9656 76 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5bd09b36
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No side and rear sensors on the mavic...only front and down same as p4....only the p4pro has side and rear
2017-3-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-3-2 08:44
The closest we have to 'information' http://phantom4-guide.co.uk/mavic-features-coming-phantom-4/

Aloha SomeoneElse,

Good blog entry, wish I had seen it before I put my neck out!  Mahalo.  But at least you know why it did not come with the option suite.  I have a P4 I am selling, so I will be testing to see how close the two Tripods are.  Tripod of any capability will be a good selling point.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fivetonine Posted at 2017-3-2 14:13
Looking forward to that tripod mode, if it comes at all. Very handy feature for tight spaces, takeoff and landing.

Aloha fivetonine,

Apparently, Tripod will be in a P4 near you, and soon.  But do be aware that tight spaces can be very problematic due to the lack of the other three sensors.  Tripod is best in open spaces for steady video.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-3-3 05:55
WTF. I don't have all those options yet? Just terrain and gesture. What gives??   How exciting !!

Aloha SomeoneElse,

Look into your firmware to see if it is the latest.  The latest app options and firmware go together.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jwt-873 Posted at 2017-3-3 07:14
I just updated my iPad Pro and iPhone 7 Plus to the latest app version (4.0.5)    I have no tripod mode on either of them. Strange

Aloha jwt,

There are two screens of options.  Slide the screen to the left.  I wonder if that is why the other's do not have it showing?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-3
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

i updated the app and dont see tripod mode on either page either.
2017-3-3
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

SKYHIGHP4 Posted at 2017-3-3 09:47
@JIM AND ROB HAVE YOU GUYS TESTED THE DIFFERENT FLIGHT MODES AND IF SO HOW DID YOU LIKE AND WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THEM.

I was testing the terrain follow and tripod mode during the beta and it worked exactly like the mavic.  Never had a problem.  Terrain follow seems to continue at it's current altitude longer than I would like before descending when the terrain goes down.  Terrain follow only works when moving forward on the P4.  

I flew it around the office in tripod mode today through narrow corridors and over filing cabinets with the public release of Go 4 and it worked great.  

Ready for prime time IMO.
2017-3-3
Use props
Phantom Robin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128839 ft
Belgium

Would it speed up the process if we buy DJI Natalia flowers
2017-3-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-3-3 10:50
i updated the app and dont see tripod mode on either page either.

Aloha Grizz,

Same here.  I guess we got to wait for the firmware update.  I have one tablet running DJI GO 4 for both P4 and P4 Pro and Tripod and the other options show up for the P4 Pro, so we know it is there.  It looks like it just needs to be enabled by the firmware.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RobSinfield Posted at 2017-3-3 11:20
I was testing the terrain follow and tripod mode during the beta and it worked exactly like the mavic.  Never had a problem.  Terrain follow seems to continue at it's current altitude longer than I would like before descending when the terrain goes down.  Terrain follow only works when moving forward on the P4.  

I flew it around the office in tripod mode today through narrow corridors and over filing cabinets with the public release of Go 4 and it worked great.  

Aloha Rob,

No reverse lights, that's why!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-3
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

SKYHIGHP4 Posted at 2017-3-3 09:47
@JIM AND ROB HAVE YOU GUYS TESTED THE DIFFERENT FLIGHT MODES AND IF SO HOW DID YOU LIKE AND WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THEM.

I was unable to do as much testing as I normally do durring the beta test period due to lots of rainy weather here in Southern California durring the test period.  But I tried tap fly and terrain follow and was pleased with the results.
2017-3-3
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-3 13:04
Aloha Grizz,

Same here.  I guess we got to wait for the firmware update.  I have one tablet running DJI GO 4 for both P4 and P4 Pro and Tripod and the other options show up for the P4 Pro, so we know it is there.  It looks like it just needs to be enabled by the firmware.

yep, it shows on my p4p but not the p4 yet. i agree, probably will come in the firmware update !
2017-3-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-3 10:00
Aloha Peter,

The Mavic has 5 sensors.  Front and back, both sides and bottom.  The P4 has front and bottom.  The Mavic and P4 Pro have the same sensor suites.

Cetacean, that wasn't my understanding as the Mavic and P4 were released at the same time'ish, so thanks for correcting me. Ciao
2017-3-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-3 15:38
Cetacean, that wasn't my understanding as the Mavic and P4 were released at the same time'ish, so thanks for correcting me. Ciao

Aloha Punchbuggy,

Well, I normally do not go off less prepared like I did on this thread, but as you can see, there was reasonable suspicion!  Here is the image from the previous page with the Mavic sensor promotion.

Aloha and Drone On!
Mavic Sensors.jpg
2017-3-3
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
Ireland

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-2 02:14
Aloha fans5bd,

Tripod uses the full suite of sensors, three of which the P4 does not have.  This may be a hardware issue that prevents the software from ever being used.

Haha the longest post saying absolutely nothing and yet almost convincing with its self assuring tone.

Sorry but if you're to help be sure to provide accurate information.

The only difference between mavic and P4 in terms of hardware is its cpu, a newer, somewhat beefed up version of the same myriad2 vpu (or vision processing unit as its called).

The sensors arrays are identical.

2017-3-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dnerve Posted at 2017-3-10 17:57
Haha the longest post saying absolutely nothing and yet almost convincing with its self assuring tone.

Sorry but if you're to help be sure to provide accurate information.

Aloha nerve,

Maybe the post was too long since you do not appear to have read it.  The Mavic and P4 Pro have identical 5 sensor systems and both have Tripod.  The P4 only has a 2 sensor system, down and forward, and it does not currently have Tripod.  Post #52, just above yours, documents that fact, that in your enthusiasm, you appear to have missed.

Unfortunately, you have not benefited from the "self assuring tone", as you could have, if you had read the post and understood what was being said.  I have both the P4 and P4 pro and I would like to have Tripod on both.  DJI is working on it as you can see in this thread, but DJI is not there yet.  Already, some of the comments express interests that are the very reason I mentioned that DJI could have problems if they put Tripod on 2 sensor Phantoms.

No worries though, self assured means that someone has been around the block a few times and is just trying to share a little pertinent information.  You may choose to use the information or not, it makes no difference to me.  I was just trying to help.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-10
Use props
fans3908b0fb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132923 ft
Australia

fans5bd09b36 Posted at 2017-3-3 02:54
4.04...nothing gor the p4 as far as i can see..seems they are concentrating on the mavic and p4pro nowadays

i think people know that P4 is discontinued in product line ....so...
2017-3-10
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
Ireland

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-10 19:51
Aloha nerve,

Maybe the post was too long since you do not appear to have read it.  The Mavic and P4 Pro have identical 5 sensor systems and both have Tripod.  The P4 only has a 2 sensor system, down and forward, and it does not currently have Tripod.  Post #52, just above yours, documents that fact, that in your enthusiasm, you appear to have missed.

Lol still saying nothing, but it's ok, thanks for sharing your wide and vast experience!

Read on about movidius and myriad vpus then visit again soon.
2017-3-11
Use props
fans3908b0fb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132923 ft
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-3 10:04
Aloha Punchbuggy,

Sorry for the repeat.  The Mavic has 5 sensors.  Front and back, both sides and bottom.  The P4 has front and bottom.  The Mavic and P4 Pro have the same sensor suites.  That is why they both come with Tripod.

from what sources that u saying Mavic Pro have 2 sides and back sensors? They do have 5 visions sensors i agree about this.
and if u can see that photo u uploaded (which is got cropped by a smart ass try to prove his point) how could u not look at where the Mavic sensors are located??
No offends but i am in doubt about your understanding about those sensor suits according to their models...

Mavic sensors.jpg
2017-3-11
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-10 19:51
Aloha nerve,

The Mavic and P4 Pro have identical 5 sensor systems and both have Tripod.  The P4 only has a 2 sensor system,

Mavic has only 4 vps sensors, not 5. Phantom 4 has 4 sensors also, not 2. The so called 5th sensor is the main camera itself.
2017-3-11
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are no side and rear sensors on the mavic..same as standard p4
2017-3-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans3908b0fb Posted at 2017-3-11 03:59
from what sources that u saying Mavic Pro have 2 sides and back sensors? They do have 5 visions sensors i agree about this.
and if u can see that photo u uploaded (which is got cropped by a smart ass try to prove his point) how could u not look at where the Mavic sensors are located??
No offends but i am in doubt about your understanding about those sensor suits according to their models...

Aloha fans3908,

Your image just confirms what I am saying with DJI's own information.  Your argument is with DJI not me.  Look left of middle second line from the bottom.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

joe_gadget Posted at 2017-3-11 04:32
Mavic has only 4 vps sensors, not 5. Phantom 4 has 4 sensors also, not 2. The so called 5th sensor is the main camera itself.

Aloha joe,

Sensors are different from sensor systems.  The P4 has only forward and down sensor systems.  It does not have side or rear sensor systems.  The P3s only have the down sensor system.

The P4 Pro and Mavic have sensor systems in five of the six directions of the sensor cube.  They do not have the upward dimension covered.  (The Matrice 200 series does though for all six of the sensor cube dimensions.)  Look at fans3908's image.  You can clearly see the side IR sensors.  Sorry no rear view so you cannot see the sensor system.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans3908b0fb Posted at 2017-3-10 20:26
i think people know that P4 is discontinued in product line ....so...

Aloha fans3908,

Sorry, I just bought a P4 from DJI Store to show how you have mistaken information.  Try it.  You can immediately cancel the order.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dnerve Posted at 2017-3-11 03:33
Lol still saying nothing, but it's ok, thanks for sharing your wide and vast experience!

Aloha nerve,

Sorry to see that you are reluctant to read provided information.  You seem to have the P4 and P4 Pro mixed up.  The P4 Pro and the Mavic are similar and both have Tripod, making it a proof of the point.  The Mavic is far ahead of the P4 in its sensor system.  Go back and do your research.

Until you start making sense, it is useless for me to respond to your mistaken impressions.  You can lead a horse to water, but you just cannot make them drink.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CubbyJonson Posted at 2017-3-11 04:34

Aloha Cubby,

The side sensors on the Mavic are IR like the P4 Pro.  They even show up in the image provided by fans3908.  Infrared sensing is vision sensing only it is not in the visual range, it is infrared.

The Mavic has five sides of the sensor cube covered by vision sensors.  Only the Matrice 200 series has all six sides of the sensor cube covered.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Dnerve, fans3908b0fb, joe_gadget, Punchbuggy and CubbyJonson,

My apologies to all!  Yes, the Mavic only has two sensor systems, forward and down like the P4.  Now I am as befuddled as you are as to why DJI is not coming out with Tripod on the P4.  I took my own advice and RTFMed.  It says very clearly that there are only forward and down sensor systems.  Again my apologies.

Now if only we can encourage DJI to put the beta Tripod program on to the P4!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dnerve Posted at 2017-3-11 03:33

Aloha Dnerve,

Please see my more public apology in Post #65.  Again, my apologies for getting the information wrong.  So, why are we not getting Tripod on our P4s!  I have a P4.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans3908b0fb Posted at 2017-3-11 03:59

Aloha fans3908,

Please see my more public apology in Post #65.  Again, my apologies for getting the information wrong.  So, why are we not getting Tripod on our P4s!  I have a P4.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

joe_gadget Posted at 2017-3-11 04:32

Aloha joe,

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CubbyJonson Posted at 2017-3-11 04:34

Aloha Cubby,

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-3 15:38

Aloha Punchbuggy,

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-11 18:23
Aloha Punchbuggy,

Aloha Cetacean.
Let's wait to see what the next firmware gives us. Seems to be taking a while so no doubt DJI are trying to iron out bugs reported with the Beta test.
2017-3-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-13 00:10
Aloha Cetacean.
Let's wait to see what the next firmware gives us. Seems to be taking a while so no doubt DJI are trying to iron out bugs reported with the Beta test.

Aloha Punchbuggy,

Mahalo!  I have a P4 and would like to use Tripod with it, so the issue certainly has my attention!  Using it with my P4 Pro really is an experience.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-13
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tripod Mode has appeared in the IOS app for the P4 at my end.
2017-7-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-7-3 06:46
Tripod Mode has appeared in the IOS app for the P4 at my end.

It was built into DJI Go 4 V4.0.5 along with Terrain Follow (Both awaiting Newer firmware for P4 to work I believe). I have read one or two posts recently where this has sporadically appeared and then disappeared just as quickly, as if caused by a glitch in DJI Go 4 (As in "Oh wait that's a P4, not a Pro or Advanced").

have you tried restarting, and is it still there ?
2017-7-3
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-3 06:56
It was built into DJI Go 4 V4.0.5 along with Terrain Follow (Both awaiting Newer firmware for P4 to work I believe). I have read one or two posts recently where this has sporadically appeared and then disappeared just as quickly, as if caused by a glitch in DJI Go 4 (As in "Oh wait that's a P4, not a Pro or Advanced").

have you tried restarting, and is it still there ?

Was there last night, but is gone this morning.  No clue as to why.
2017-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules