Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 Pro "which aperature"
1493 6 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans09161a07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 563189 ft
Slovenia

Hello!

Do you guys know on which aperature is the best to take photos on phantom 4 pro? I mean which aperature is more sharp, clean....
2017-3-1
Use props
juicedrummer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27871 ft
United States

Based on some of the tests that other pilots/photogs on here have done it appears that 5.6 is the sharpest aperture so anything around 4.5-6 I believe is the "sweet spot"
2017-3-1
Use props
fans09161a07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 563189 ft
Slovenia

Thank you
2017-3-1
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

The general rule about sharpness with adjustable lenses is =  Sharpest images are attained at around 2 stops higher than the lens at widest aperture. With this lens, the widest (smallest number) aperture is 2.8, and 2 full stops from that would be 5.6. Sooooo... with the P4P's camera, the tests, guesses, assumptions, and science all point to 5.6 for the sweet spot for sharpness.
2017-3-1
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

juicedrummer Posted at 2017-3-1 09:42
Based on some of the tests that other pilots/photogs on here have done it appears that 5.6 is the sharpest aperture so anything around 4.5-6 I believe is the "sweet spot"

+1 Check out Tony Northrups' video on the P4P. He goes through these types of questions. I also highly recommend his book on digital photography. I fly these amazing cameras for their photographic abilities. As far as video is concerned 15 seconds is a lifetime if you have a good shot. Do multiple takes in good lighting to get the best results if you are truly interested  in a great presentation. Have fun flying! Aerial photography and videography is an artform.
2017-3-1
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

For most use I think you will find that the images will be sharp enough on the full range of apertures. There will be a "sweet spot" but this is more of interest to pixel peepers rather than those who are interested in the actual images. Select the exposure settings which best fit the creative needs of your photography rather than some perceived increase in quality.
2017-3-1
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

I avoid f11.
It is simply too soft, you can bring some sharpness back in software, but at theirs of loss of detail.
With ISO 100 selected and in Aperture priority mode, let the camera sort out the shutter speed for you, for really bright subjects you have up to 1/8000 sec.

If you just take a series of shots from the same place, at the same time and change only the Aperture by a whole stop each time, f2,8  f4,0 f5,6  f8,0  then f11 you will easily see the difference at 100% on you screen, try it.
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules