DJI - Can we have a racing forum please
999 15 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

As DJI are now moving into the race arena can we have a race specific forum please. Got lots of questions about Acro mode, PIDs, and ESCs

And why did you call your motors 'Snail' ? Generally considered to be one of the slowest animals on the planet!

2017-3-1
Use props
Marco Bux
lvl.2

Italy

In the meantime enjoy this demo...   

_____

2017-3-6
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Marco Bux Posted at 2017-3-6 02:28
In the meantime enjoy this demo...   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dApjNpV7Zko

That's a cool course

Got a nice little package this morning - now the real fun begins, distinct lack of a manual but trial and errors works for me most of the time.

I wonder if I can publish my own NOTAMS - Matt has a racing drone, keep the skies clear {:4_181:}
2017-3-6
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

eachine 220

eachine 220

2017-3-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice piece of kit, is it expensive, I'm coming from an angle of knowing very little, but it is perking my interest.
2017-3-6
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-6 14:01
Nice piece of kit, is it expensive, I'm coming from an angle of knowing very little, but it is perking my interest.

I though it was good value at £175 on ebay here

But it is still sitting on my desk. They call it ready to fly, but it really isn't and you have to delve into something called BetaFlight to set it up. It's taken me 3 hours to configure one switch to arm and disarm the motors

I'm now trying to configure another switch to change the mode form Angle / Horizon / Acro , but I'm very confused at the moment as there is no acro option..

No manuals, just lots of youtube watching, I'm sure once I've got the hang of all the terminology it will be easy. Famous last words.

I'm enjoying it, eager to get flying
2017-3-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-3-6 14:19
I though it was good value at £175 on ebay here

But it is still sitting on my desk. They call it ready to fly, but it really isn't and you have to delve into something called BetaFlight to set it up. It's taken me 3 hours to configure one switch to arm and disarm the motors

Good for you, let us know how you get on..
2017-3-6
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Got my modes switch working, failsafe set to drop, starting to get things happening now. But they've squashed a wire in the case and stripped it, not the best build quality. Loose screws, things not put in right. Stripping it right down and rebuild correctly now. Can't do that with a P3
2017-3-6
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It flies! I've configured my first flight controller.

Quick test around the garden today. Feels really steady, but boy does it have some power, half throttle and it's up and gone. Haven't tried a full throttle punch yet, maybe tomorrow

Having a motor disarm switch is nice, no waiting for the CSC to respond, flick it and it's down.

I'll get some video of it from my phantom tomorrow, may have to record the sound track as well as it sounds nice
2017-3-7
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Not the most interesting video from my Osmo, but I'm feeling impressed with myself getting it all up and running. Keeping it in Angle mode till I get out in some space..

Took the camera off so I now I can fly in congested areas and buzz around my garden. UK law is very strange sometimes
2017-3-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-3-8 09:39
Not the most interesting video from my Osmo, but I'm feeling impressed with myself getting it all up and running. Keeping it in Angle mode till I get out in some space..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtSYz0rcdn4

May you always know my little one you were wished for, longed for, prayed for, and wanted.

Looks like a whole bundle of fun good luck.
2017-3-8
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-3-8 09:39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtSYz0rcdn4

Does the Osmo not have Active Track to keep your new toy centred in the image?!

Well done on getting it flying without an instant crash.
2017-3-8
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-8 12:13
May you always know my little one you were wished for, longed for, prayed for, and wanted.

Looks like a whole bundle of fun good luck.

Whole bundle of fun that is trying to rip my face off with those props
2017-3-8
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-3-8 13:08
Does the Osmo not have Active Track to keep your new toy centred in the image?!

Well done on getting it flying without an instant crash.

I think you can get another app to active track something like a Phantom with GPS. Don't think my Osmo does object tracking, would be nice. Going to try head mounting the osmo for the next vid

Editing is a wonderful thing, it's looking a bit scratched, scuffed and full of grass now
2017-3-8
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Out in the wild with it today

2017-3-12
Use props
RogFlyer44
lvl.1

United States

hello guys i am new to this forum and overall new to quadcopters, i had a question about snail propulsion system which is does it work naza m v2(has anyone tried it yet) if they you do work together can someone please explain me the gains setting for the snail propulsion system
PLEASE AND THANK YOU
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules