Buyer beware!
2862 29 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike 1
lvl.1

United States

Based on my ongoing experience - never ever deal with DJI store directly. If you want to have drone - wait until reputable retailer that respects customers will start selling it.
Wait for amazon or best buy. You want to buy from those who respect your rights as a customer.

If you bought it from DJI and noticed problem - immediately initiate REFUND - never try to create any case. Never ask for exchange - just get straight refund.
If you still want to get drone - just reorder it again - other wise you may end with refurbished or non working product since you will be out of 7 days return policy.

I did mistake - I liked drone - I have friends who praise DJI high - and I was in rush - I didnt want to wait for Amazon.
I ordered one. And when I received it - turns out that it wasnt working right - so I had to sent it back... Where I did mistake - I didn't ask for straight refund.
I was asked by support to create support case - so they will be able to give me shipping label and evaluate product.
I asked number of times for poduct to be exchanged for new one - and after almost ~3 weeks of waiting - I received my package back yesterday - I got everything I sent there (even in same box) - but with different drone. They even was lazy enough to pair drone with remote control - they put paper there about do-it-yourself.
And now they say to me that I can't return it back (desipte their store policy says directly opposite - that you can do refund if drone has manufacturing defect) since it was more than 7 days since I "originally" received my non-working package and I didnt ask for straight refund in the beginning...

Why I want to get rid of it? Just because I was expecting to pay $1000 for brand new working product - If I wanted to get reburbished - they I will be paying refurbished unit price - and actually I spent 1240$ (and I still never received ~150$ worth of accessories after month of waiting).

2017-3-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I have sent an request to our designated team to see if there's anything we can do for you. Sorry for the unpleasant experience.
2017-3-1
Use props
Frost
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196299 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue. I paid 1200 for a drone that is useless. My kids 50 dollar Walmart drone works better. That's no exaggeration. Complete junk
2017-3-2
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

dude 100% exact same story here,. however i was stupid that i only tested the drone after having it for 6 days. found out mine has a blurry left side on the camera. What a mistake.Will never deal with DJI again, Probably bought my last dji product ever.
2017-3-2
Use props
jyavenard
lvl.2

France

You'd be very disappointed if you had wanted a refund... because they sure do suck there too...

1 month since I returned the drone for a refund, still waiting...

So much for their 7 days refund guarantee. It's utter rubbish.

They make great drones, but the service surrounding it is subpar.
2017-3-2
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

I for one will never buy anything from DJI again. The whole experience is a total nightmare.
2017-3-2
Use props
fanse7c0315f
New

United States

I ordered a Mavic battery from the DJI store and it was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday. For some reason, and without notifying me, they instructed FedEx that they required a signature so it had to be left at the door (although less than $100 I can understand being careful), that it had to be delivered in the daytime while I'm at work (which is stupid since it was a residential address), that I couldn't simply sign the door tag and could only sign in person (again stupid, that removes DJI's liability so why do they care?), and that it couldn't be left at the local FedEx store for me to pick up with my picture ID, only at the distribution center it was sent from, which is an hour drive from my house (this makes absolutely no sense, and I don't even know why FedEx even gives that option to shippers). They said the only way they could do any of the above is if the sender called or emailed them to say it was ok. I tried calling DJI, and support refused to talk to me, saying that sales support can only be done online or through email. Online support just said they couldn't help me because they just had no system to do so. So basically they won't do anything to keep it from being shipped back to them, after which the guy said I'd be refunded, which after what I read I'm not too confident in. Luckily I purchased through PayPal so I can just contest the charges. However, I've been a customer of DJI for a few years; I have a P3 and accessories besides the Mavic, and was eyeing the Spark, but had previously purchased through Amazon or Newegg so never had to deal with them directly. Although I like their quadcopters, I'm now nervous seeing the complete lack of support they have, which makes me wonder if their warranty is effectively worthless. I don't think I'll be buying any DJI products again.
2017-6-9
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Frost Posted at 2017-3-2 16:53
I'm having the same issue. I paid 1200 for a drone that is useless. My kids 50 dollar Walmart drone works better. That's no exaggeration. Complete junk

really dude? come on.
2017-6-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

How do you know it was refurbished not new, was there something wrong with it.
2017-6-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fanse7c0315f Posted at 2017-6-9 11:58
I ordered a Mavic battery from the DJI store and it was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday. For some reason, and without notifying me, they instructed FedEx that they required a signature so it had to be left at the door (although less than $100 I can understand being careful), that it had to be delivered in the daytime while I'm at work (which is stupid since it was a residential address), that I couldn't simply sign the door tag and could only sign in person (again stupid, that removes DJI's liability so why do they care?), and that it couldn't be left at the local FedEx store for me to pick up with my picture ID, only at the distribution center it was sent from, which is an hour drive from my house (this makes absolutely no sense, and I don't even know why FedEx even gives that option to shippers). They said the only way they could do any of the above is if the sender called or emailed them to say it was ok. I tried calling DJI, and support refused to talk to me, saying that sales support can only be done online or through email. Online support just said they couldn't help me because they just had no system to do so. So basically they won't do anything to keep it from being shipped back to them, after which the guy said I'd be refunded, which after what I read I'm not too confident in. Luckily I purchased through PayPal so I can just contest the charges. However, I've been a customer of DJI for a few years; I have a P3 and accessories besides the Mavic, and was eyeing the Spark, but had previously purchased through Amazon or Newegg so never had to deal with them directly. Although I like their quadcopters, I'm now nervous seeing the complete lack of support they have, which makes me wonder if their warranty is effectively worthless. I don't think I'll be buying any DJI products again.

Because you weren't there to receive it , your making a bit of a meal about this dragging it up in a thread 4 months old with a serious over the top header.
2017-6-9
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27733 ft
United States

I agree, I can't even activate mine tried for 3 days now. Why is it I need to depend on someones server to fly my bought and paid for craft in a 30 x30 area?
2017-6-10
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

Well I love my Mavic so much I sleep with it!
2017-6-10
Use props
MaruPapa
New
Hong Kong

Sprtbkrydr Posted at 2017-6-10 16:09
Well I love my Mavic so much I sleep with it!

Same here… it's my most fav sidekick now
2017-6-10
Use props
sw!yper
lvl.1
United States

SO i wil retrurn the non working mavic due to account email activation  multiple failure  .. to the vendor on eBay as per DJI support advised, i was thingking of getting  a new replacement  straight to the DJI. Now you gave me a new perspective .. i 'll get the one by apple store instead.
2017-6-10
Use props
fanse7c0315f
New

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-9 12:23
Because you weren't there to receive it , your making a bit of a meal about this dragging it up in a thread 4 months old with a serious over the top header.

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Let me spell it out for you: my complaint is their ridiculous shipping policies,  the first of which is why did they require it to be delivered during business hours when they are shipping to a residential address? So of course I wasn't there to receive it, I have a job. Also if they had allowed it to be picked up at the local FedEx office, there again wouldn't have been a problem. Finally if their customer support gave a damn, they could have simply called or emailed FedEx, and again there wouldn't have been a problem.
2017-6-13
Use props
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

fanse7c0315f Posted at 2017-6-13 05:45
You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Let me spell it out for you: my complaint is their ridiculous shipping policies,  the first of which is why did they require it to be delivered during business hours when they are shipping to a residential address? So of course I wasn't there to receive it, I have a job. Also if they had allowed it to be picked up at the local FedEx office, there again wouldn't have been a problem. Finally if their customer support gave a damn, they could have simply called or emailed FedEx, and again there wouldn't have been a problem.

You wouldn't want your package to just be left at your house now would you? That's why they require a signature. So they know it was picked up by the person who it was meant for, or a family member.
2017-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fanse7c0315f Posted at 2017-6-13 05:45

No problem with reading skills. But you might have checked all this out before you purchased, how should dji know if it's home address or business maybe if you checked this out before you purchased you could have changed delivery address, I'm sure your a big boy now nobody needs to be babying you, be responsible for your own mistakes and grow up..
Nothing ridiculous about there shipping process 99% are quite happy that there drones and goods are not just left at the door for the next courier to pick up and put in his pocket.
2017-6-13
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

I, on the other hand, have some great experience with direct buying from DJI. And I've experienced not one single problem. Too easy to blame DJI.
2017-6-13
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

FedEx usually let you redirect a package to a holding location. That's unless Shipper wants to deliver to the indicated address only. Same thing happened to my Mavic shipment. I can't re-direct my package because the shipper wants to have it delivered to my address only. It's good thing Fedex was able to drop it off at my apartment's manager office
2017-6-13
Use props
fanse7c0315f
New

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-13 05:55
No problem with reading skills. But you might have checked all this out before you purchased, how should dji know if it's home address or business maybe if you checked this out before you purchased you could have changed delivery address, I'm sure your a big boy now nobody needs to be babying you, be responsible for your own mistakes and grow up..
Nothing ridiculous about there shipping process 99% are quite happy that there drones and goods are not just left at the door for the next courier to pick up and put in his pocket.

Checked this out beforehand? I was supposed to assume that DJI would put ridiculous restrictions on the shipment? No other shipper I know of does that, or if there will be instructions they let you know before hand; and if a problem does occur most are happy to do put forth some effort to help resolve it. DJI's support merely responded "they don't have a process to do that". What would you have done to prevent this? And since you're so knowledgeable about these shipping practices, please tell me why DJI would default to treating all addresses as businesses without providing an option to select a residential? Why do they block having it having it left at the local FedEx center? What possible benefit is there to requiring the customer drive to a center an hour away instead of the local center?
2017-6-13
Use props
fanse7c0315f
New

United States

Clare_G101 Posted at 2017-6-13 05:50
You wouldn't want your package to just be left at your house now would you? That's why they require a signature. So they know it was picked up by the person who it was meant for, or a family member.

I understand requiring a signature; I don't understand not requiring it to be delivered during business hours, or not allowing me to pick it up at the local shipment center. Also I contacted DJI to ask them to change some of the restrictions to make it possible to deliver without me taking time off work or having to drive an hour each way; they said it was impossible because they have their shipping system setup so that no changes can be made after shipment. That was the most frustrating part.
2017-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fanse7c0315f Posted at 2017-6-13 09:00
Checked this out beforehand? I was supposed to assume that DJI would put ridiculous restrictions on the shipment? No other shipper I know of does that, or if there will be instructions they let you know before hand; and if a problem does occur most are happy to do put forth some effort to help resolve it. DJI's support merely responded "they don't have a process to do that". What would you have done to prevent this? And since you're so knowledgeable about these shipping practices, please tell me why DJI would default to treating all addresses as businesses without providing an option to select a residential? Why do they block having it having it left at the local FedEx center? What possible benefit is there to requiring the customer drive to a center an hour away instead of the local center?

I'm just wondering how 99% of people seem to manage to be ok with dji shipping , maybe that they have the savvy to check shipping.
2017-6-13
Use props
fanse7c0315f
New

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-13 09:13
I'm just wondering how 99% of people seem to manage to be ok with dji shipping , maybe that they have the savvy to check shipping.

I am far from the only one; try googling "DJI shipping problems". And please tell me what you mean by "check shipping" (I have reviewed DJI's shipping policies and they make no mention of the restrictions they place with FedEx). What would you have done specifically to prevent this particular problem? All of that aside, no matter how perfect a company is, SNAFUs happen from time to time. In that case usually what happens is support puts a little bit of special attention to resolve the problem. In this case (and which was the crux of my first post), support simply said they were powerless to do anything because "they do not have a system in place". Having a support team that is incapable of resolving problems makes me nervous, because again, you can't always predict every event.
2017-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fanse7c0315f Posted at 2017-6-13 09:28
I am far from the only one; try googling "DJI shipping problems". And please tell me what you mean by "check shipping" (I have reviewed DJI's shipping policies and they make no mention of the restrictions they place with FedEx). What would you have done specifically to prevent this particular problem? All of that aside, no matter how perfect a company is, SNAFUs happen from time to time. In that case usually what happens is support puts a little bit of special attention to resolve the problem. In this case (and which was the crux of my first post), support simply said they were powerless to do anything because "they do not have a system in place". Having a support team that is incapable of resolving problems makes me nervous, because again, you can't always predict every event.

I think your tearing the arse out of this now, relax it's a battery, not a heart for transplant, now I could go on all evening trying to explain, but your not going to listen . So continue your rant but not in my direction.
2017-6-13
Use props
fanse7c0315f
New

United States

NavigatorNL Posted at 2017-6-13 06:01
I, on the other hand, have some great experience with direct buying from DJI. And I've experienced not one single problem. Too easy to blame DJI.

If a company had a problem with 10% of their orders, that would be a terrible failure rate, and yet 90% of the customers would be happy after their purchase. I'm glad that you have had only good experiences with DJI, and I hope that continues, but I don't think it's fair to automatically put the blame on customers that have experienced problems simply because you haven't.
2017-6-13
Use props
fanse7c0315f
New

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-13 09:36
I think your tearing the arse out of this now, relax it's a battery, not a heart for transplant, now I could go on all evening trying to explain, but your not going to listen . So continue your rant but not in my direction.

Except you haven't explained a single thing. You made a baseless attack on me, and now that I'm asking you to back up your vague attacks you suddenly don't have time to reply, except of course to throw another vague jab in my direction. And seriously, do work on that reading comprehension, you would have saved yourself (and me) some time.
2017-6-13
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

I received my aircraft back from repair today via UPS. However, for some reason DJI ignored my confirmed PayPal address that I provided to them and instead sent my aircraft to another business within the building where I work and put their business name on it. I had to go to the company, prove my identity and beg them to turn the package over to me. I don't understand why DJI ignored my address and put some other business' name on the address....weird. I had to closely monitor it's whereabouts and jump thru hoops to get it but at least I was able to. DJI required a signature for the delivery but apparently it doesn't matter who signs for it or if it's even the correct recipient....
2017-6-13
Use props
djiuser_fk8oy2M7HOdw
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-1 23:12
I have sent an request to our designated team to see if there's anything we can do for you. Sorry for the unpleasant experience.

As if DJI cared!

You'd better believe I'm replying to a post from 2017...

DJI clearly still doesn't get it and is still doing customer service wrong. You're creating a terrible user experience where none need exist.

I know that the new drone (whichever new drone it is this month) is popular and orders are high but you're not shipping them and you're giving incomplete and incorrect answers. And you always have. In this international marketplace you can't just treat everyone like dirt and expect that to go over. You don't seem to care - orders are high! Well, hey, orders would be higher if you weren't such a horrible company to deal with. Your trustpilot 1 star ratings are greater than your 5 star ratings. You clearly don't care about customers. What is actually wrong with you? If you dealt with customers appropriately you'd sell more drones directly AND MAKE MORE MONEY.

Why doesn't management care about users?
2022-6-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well ...................if you know there will be delivery problems with new models, why rush in to buy one and then complain?
Wait a few months then, if things appear to have been sorted out and there is stock, buy, or better yet, buy from a local/national retailler when they have stock.
Or should DJI maintain a reasonable production rate, stockpile the drones i.e. delay their release, and only release them when they have sufficient stock to meet the rush from those people who MUST HAVE the latest thingummy-jig.
If you want bread hot from the oven you have to wait for the baker to bake it.

2022-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_fk8oy2M7HOdw Posted at 6-9 05:28
As if DJI cared!

You'd better believe I'm replying to a post from 2017...

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We're unable to find out your order number through your forum account. If you have any inquiries about your order, please PM me your order number for further check.
2022-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules