Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Resolution and Bitrate of custom rtmp for DJI GO
4909 6 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henry3
New

Australia

We want to use DJI drone(Mavic) to live streaming video to our server for emergency & life rescue service.

Currently the only way to send the live streaming and with one controller and mobile phone is to utilize the rtmp streaming feature, which is built in DJI GO app.

But after searching the internet, there is no document and information about the resolution and the bitrate about the custom rtmp streaming on iOS and Android device. If we are using 3G/4G network to stream the video, the bandwidth is the major concern.

So does anyone know this specification or the developer from DJI could answeer the question?

Thank you.

2017-3-1
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Better PM one of the Mod to speed up the answer.
2017-3-1
Use props
Henry3
New

Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-3-1 16:13
Better PM one of the Mod to speed up the answer.

Thanks for the tips. I did pm to DJI support but got no answers yet.

I have directly sent email to support@dji.com. They replied the live stream is 720p/30fps.

But the bitrate is more important to evaluate the bandwidth. Now it is still unknown.
2017-3-5
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry3 Posted at 2017-3-5 16:46
Thanks for the tips. I did pm to DJI support but got no answers yet.

I have directly sent email to support@dji.com. They replied the live stream is 720p/30fps.

I think the bandwidth is dependent on the phone's network. Maybe you can ask your network provider for that information!
2017-3-5
Use props
Henry3
New

Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-3-5 17:20
I think the bandwidth is dependent on the phone's network. Maybe you can ask your network provider for that information!

I don't think the current DJI Go App has the intelligence to auto-adjust the output bitrate of rtmp live streaming based on the network type or bandwidth. For example, the phone can use wifi to access the internet. The output bitrate is independent to the bandwidth the phone can access internet, especially upload speed.
2017-3-5
Use props
b barris
lvl.2
United States

Hi, Our app can broadcast live to any site, right now for beta purposes it only broadcasts to our site (www.skytubelive.com) but in our next, enterprise, release, will be able to broadcast anywhere you specify.  If you want to be a beta user of the app, let me know, and I'll hook you up.  Android only for now.
Thanks,
Brian
www.skytubelive.com
www.instagram.com/skytubelive
2017-5-20
Use props
djiuser_DedGyphvCwXa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1291542 ft
Canada

If you want to control the bit rate, the best solution is to bring the RTMP feed into OBS Studio. You can manage it there before sending it out to broadcast. This is where I am at with my research on the very same question.
2022-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules