How to deal with birds?
2900 62 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pegasus
lvl.4

France

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-3-3 07:00
Alec, as a fellow American, I did not see any reason to get riled up over the wall statement. May just want to chill a bit there. After all, the wall should only affect the people who are interested in crossing illegally. I could go to Mexico for a drink legally and get back the same way. No effect on me. But the Margaritas are great here so no reason to leave.
Other than their lack of a law like our 2nd Amendment, I have no reason to bash an Australian. I would not mind visiting if they weren't so bloody far away. Plus being upside-down would take some getting used to.

They are not upside down if you belong to The Flat Earth Society.  I don't by the way.
2017-3-3
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Other than their lack of a law like our 2nd Amendment, I have no reason to bash an Australian. I would not mind visiting if they weren't so bloody far away. Plus being upside-down would take some getting used to.

There are only two other countries with a law like your 2nd Amendment - Guatemala and Mexico.   I hope that you don't intend to bash everyone else!
2017-3-3
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-2 17:56
NOTHING to do with YOU.

It was a joke being poked a Geebax

Turn your ISO down - brilliant, I'm going to be using that a lot now
2017-3-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Alec, as a fellow American, I did not see any reason to get riled up over the wall statement. May just want to chill a bit there. After all, the wall should only affect the people who are interested in crossing illegally. I could go to Mexico for a drink legally and get back the same way. No effect on me. But the Margaritas are great here so no reason to leave.

'I would not mind visiting if they weren't so bloody far away.'

Its not far really, but we see distance as a filter, only the best bother to make the trip.
2017-3-3
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-3 14:00
'I would not mind visiting if they weren't so bloody far away.'

Its not far really, but we see distance as a filter, only the best bother to make the trip.

Haha. Touche.
2017-3-3
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-3-3 13:08
There are only two other countries with a law like your 2nd Amendment - Guatemala and Mexico.   I hope that you don't intend to bash everyone else!

I was just looking for some reason to bash them. I was coming up short though.
2017-3-3
Use props
Brayan2134
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138205 ft
United States

Like other people are saying, strobe lights help, and flying a lot higher than the tree's around helps because birds fly in groups and you can see more looking down than looking up with the camera.
2017-3-3
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-3-3 12:37
blackcrusader:

You have that just outside your office? Shazam!!

Yup  Scooted no more than 25m from my office door. Flew up about 100m and distance  just to clear the track and field from view.  That is how it really looks.

This was a couple of hours ago this morning. Around 1500m above my wee village down there. You can see the red running track. Looking down the valley is west if you follow the long lengths of the track. For my sunset pic.

2017-3-3
Use props
JBinFla
lvl.2
United States

LAI Posted at 2017-3-2 12:19
It was my understanding that some raptors are protected (I haven't tried to specifically identify them) and therefore shooting one would be a bad idea.

I hadn't thought of the strobe.  I had thought about trying to to rig some sort of buzzer or other noise maker.

Rig a buzzer or noisemaker?  Is my drone the only one that is a noise maker naturally?  I've seen plenty of bird attack videos and I'm always surprised that they attack given the ruckus these things make.  Sounds like a swarm of angry bees!
2017-3-3
Use props
fansdc5014de
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8235 ft
Spain

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-3 11:34
great video.  Loved the cartoon audio. made me laugh.

Thanks, I love it too.
2017-3-5
Use props
Propwash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

These mock attacks will become actual attacks as the birds move into the breeding season.Lowering altitude will help considerably.
2017-3-5
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-2 20:00
Eagles can hit over 200kmh... so you outran them with your drone.  Some drone you have there.

The eagles only hit that when they are diving, horizontal speed is less than that
2017-3-5
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-2 21:25
Alex, you need to understand Aussies like to wind people up.  
What you need is the Aussie answer to that. We call it the "harden the f up"
There is the other alternative that my Momma used to teach. Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me. or just read and ignore.

if you are going to engage in some banter with Aussies - have thicker skin or else we will eat you alive......
2017-3-5
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Aussie4220 Posted at 2017-3-5 17:22
if you are going to engage in some banter with Aussies - have thicker skin or else we will eat you alive......

Think he has gone. Deleted most of his posts and left.

Pity as apart from having a bit of a thin skin he seemed OK.

Tried to explain that we were not having a go at him (in a private conversation) but he would not accept that and just got abusive.
2017-3-5
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-5 17:35
Think he has gone. Deleted most of his posts and left.

Pity as apart from having a bit of a thin skin he seemed OK.

seppos dont do well with sarcasm or if you throw too many topics at them too quickly.  If its not "PC" or intended literally, many of them struggle.  Those that have travelled outside the US and are familiar with Python tend to cope better.
2017-3-5
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Aussie4220 Posted at 2017-3-5 18:52
seppos dont do well with sarcasm or if you throw too many topics at them too quickly.  If its not "PC" or intended literally, many of them struggle.  Those that have travelled outside the US and are familiar with Python tend to cope better.

There are a few Septics like that but on the whole they are actually fine. In this case it seemed there was a sensitivity to making jokes about Trump. They were taken personally or as a slight against his country. Anyone from other countries that make fun of our pollies I tend to agree with them, and we have had quite a few that are easy to ridicule, the Mad Monk springs to mind.
2017-3-5
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-5 19:01
There are a few Septics like that but on the whole they are actually fine. In this case it seemed there was a sensitivity to making jokes about Trump. They were taken personally or as a slight against his country. Anyone from other countries that make fun of our pollies I tend to agree with them, and we have had quite a few that are easy to ridicule, the Mad Monk springs to mind.

Cabansail:

If your theory is correct, he's going to have a rather bumpy ride, stuck in Tripod mode, in a 40 knot crosswind, without OA or a RTH button, on a chilly battery, these next 4 years. Over water.

I managed to read his final volleys, before he vanished them. I, like you, suspect buyer's remorse.

Still, I miss that Jeep.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-3-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-3-5 20:08
Cabansail:

If your theory is correct, he's going to have a rather bumpy ride, stuck in Tripod mode, in a 40 knot crosswind, without OA or a RTH button, on a chilly battery, these next 4 years. Over water.

You have a very clever way with words. How to say something without ever being able to accuse you of saying it
2017-3-5
Use props
Mikkovtun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5247953 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Може агресивний окрас таки допоможе налякати птаха виглядом ?
2017-3-6
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Aussie4220 Posted at 2017-3-5 18:52

heheheheh seppos. come on guys it's not fair we use local strine.

He will never get that one.. and septics... yes another one they barely fathom even when you have to explain it. Then they get very offended when told what it means.
2017-3-6
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
United States

yes, rhyming slang leaves them in the dust
2017-3-6
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Mikkovtun Posted at 2017-3-6 04:15
Може агресивний окрас таки допоможе налякати птаха виглядом ?

Стіна повинна допомогти зберегти колір геть
2017-3-6
Use props
Stacy_West
New

Netherlands

fivetonine Posted at 2017-3-2 14:07
Avoid big birds. My drone has once been attacked by an eagle in the Austrian alps. Lucky enough I was fast and flew faster than the eagles, so it didn't catch the drone. Hunting birds can be dangerous as they protect their territory.

Omg! That's terrible and dangerous!
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules