Jello - Found problem - never mentioned in forums
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elbert H.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6299455 ft
United States

Hope this info may help somebody else out there that's having continuous problems with "jello" in your video. This "beginner" as this forum keeps calling me figured it out.

The problems with the jello just arose relatively recently. I had balanced and rebalanced all my props, still had Jello, then I balanced some more. I mean they were all perfectly balanced, with the du bro I could put the prop at any position, release and it wouldn't budge so I do mean they were all perfectly balanced.

Then, I accidentally broke the ribbon connector on the ESC board on the gimbal. So, I ordered a complete new gimbal/camera assembly. Just received it, put it on, and did a test flight. And to my amazement.........the "Jello" was gone. Rock solid smooth video.

I had touched anything on it between the last flight...with jello....and receiving the new camera/gimbal.

I've never seen a single instance on any support sites, nor YouTube that ever even mentions the problem could be the gimbal. So just wanted to get this out there....maybe it can help somebody else out there.

Next task is to figure out the problem with the old gimbal before I broke the ribbon cable connector.
2017-3-2
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Could it have had a grain of sand or dirt in between some of the moving parts?  It may have caused enough binding to introduce jello.  Have you flown it at the beach or in particularly dusty environments?
2017-3-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Elbert,

Some have claimed that jello was caused by slightly corroded or not fully connected ribbon heads.  Removing and replacing the gimbal would mean addressing that suggested cause.

There are a number of causes for jello.  If it affects camera stability, it causes jello.  You have made a very good, valid observation.  Keep up the good work!  And spreading the word is an important part of making this Forum work.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-3
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

I may have missed it but what a/c are you using? also what was the tally on that new camera / gimbal.? That sounds spendy!
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules