SOLVED: New P3S Remote Controller Wont Link
1231 13 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

Brand new controller right from DJI and I cannot get it to link properly. I go through the linking process and the controller light turns green (eventually) however the drone LED remains red. When I open the app I see an image from the camera but I immediately get the "Signal Lost" error. So.....

I pull out my old controller and relink it.. No problem whats so ever. Links almost immediately.

What am I missing here? Do I need to update the FW for this new controller? I cant seem to find any FW version on the controller its self. Do I some how need to have the drone "forget" my old controller? If so, how?

2017-3-2
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

is it updated? i been seeing a few of these. i know new batteries have to be updated to the current version on the drone. im wondering if thats the case with the rc
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you connect just the RC to the Go app, are you able to check the RC version either via the About section in the camera view or by holding the menu option in the top right corner for 3-5 seconds? I would recommend at least 'forgetting' the previous RC's WiFi name from your list and then refresh the page. This should single out the new RC's WiFi.
2017-3-2
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

Below are screenshots of each of my controllers "About..." screen. My old RC shows 1.7.n as the version but my new is 1.2.n Obviously this needs to be updated. How do I update this controller to 1.7.n I really dont want to go to 1.8.n

Original RC

Original RC
new RC.jpg
2017-3-3
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

I should add when I link the new controller, I get a video feed so obviously the 2.4 link is there. Seems only the 5Ghz uplink is not connected.
2017-3-3
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

Steve-76 Posted at 2017-3-2 17:16
is it updated? i been seeing a few of these. i know new batteries have to be updated to the current version on the drone. im wondering if thats the case with the rc

It appears not to be updated but I have no idea how???
2017-3-3
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to FW 1.8.n Made no difference. My old controller links fine and the "About" screen reflects the upgraded FW version number. My new one still shows the old FW version 1.2.40+ I wrote DJI support but, no surprise, I have yet to hear from them.

I purchased this controller brand new because I did not want to deal with potential problems of a used controller. For everything I read, the new controller should just link like any other and without issues. So much for buying new
2017-3-3
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

Yay...... Problem solved... I had just about given up particularly after upgrading to the latest FW which appeared to do nothing for my new controller. Later today I decided to try one more thing using the FW installed on my SD card. Never got that far. Once I turned on the drone and remote, the app said there was an update . Really? I had already updated to the latest FW and the log said it was a success. I thought everything was done. I decided to proceed anyway and voila... the remote started to flash and beep and within 30-40 seconds everything was done. Everything was working.

I really don't know how I would have solved this problem if I had not updated the drone FW or better still, if there was no FW to update .
2017-3-4
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

I think these Phantoms are the most technical system I own.  I call it a system because the Phantom, its battery and the controller all must be coordinating and seem to get "updated" via communication with the viewing device (tablet of phone) only when all three are connected.  I am not saying all three must be connected at the same time, just that after one or two components are updated, the remainder will be updated when connected.  This is just my observation.  Anyway, glad your new controller is operational.
2017-3-4
Use props
cedar1
New

Canada

I just got new drone and have previous controller but cant get them to link im not very techy so step by step help wpuld be appreciated. also on iphone still comes up with phantom 3 and numbers there does not always need to put in 12341234 but sometimes does ? any help
2017-3-5
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

cedar1 Posted at 2017-3-5 07:27
I just got new drone and have previous controller but cant get them to link im not very techy so step by step help wpuld be appreciated. also on iphone still comes up with phantom 3 and numbers there does not always need to put in 12341234 but sometimes does ? any help

The thing is I really didn't do anything but update my FW from 1.7.n to 1.8.n USING MY OLD CONTROLLER because the new one would not connect. After the update I tried relinking my new controller and once again it failed. Later that day I decided I would try one more thing before I would give up. Never go any where near trying it. Once I turned on my new controller and the drone I was told I needed to update. I accepted and my controller was updated to the latest FW. After that... everything worked. I can tell you that before I tried to update anything my new controller would not link properly. If I had already had my system at v1.8.n before I got this new controller I doubt I would have ever solved this problem...

When you link your controller, does the LED on the controller turn green?? Read my very first post above. Is this what is happening to you??
2017-3-5
Use props
fans83889b8f
New

United States

Hey Guys, first time poster here. My controller is linked, but it goes to weak signal and signal lost when I get about 100 feet up. . . It just started doing this. I am at a complete loss. I re-linked my controller successfully, and still same problem. I take off, go up about 100 feet and get weak signal. If i keep going, it's lost signal and return to home. I was hoping to use it this weekend on a trip. Please help!
2017-3-7
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

fans83889b8f Posted at 2017-3-7 17:58
Hey Guys, first time poster here. My controller is linked, but it goes to weak signal and signal lost when I get about 100 feet up. . . It just started doing this. I am at a complete loss. I re-linked my controller successfully, and still same problem. I take off, go up about 100 feet and get weak signal. If i keep going, it's lost signal and return to home. I was hoping to use it this weekend on a trip. Please help!

I think you would get a whole lot more responses if you started your own thread as your particular problem is quite different from that described here. When or if you do be sure to include the drone model (i.e P3S), your mobile and the FW/App version numbers.
2017-3-8
Use props
fans83889b8f
New

United States

I had never posted before, so they told me I couldn't post my own thread! So, I tried to find one with controllers in it! I'll try now though. Thanks!
2017-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules