Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Audio recording feature via DJI app using phone mic
5258 11 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Njw83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure if this has been asked before.

It would be handy sometimes to be able to record audio at the touch of a button. I've seen some mavic tutorial videos where the pilot is speaking and flying and the audio is captured via the phone mic and recorded on the phone... but he has had to open another app first to start recording and then open the DJI app to fly etc.. its a bit clunky.

If there could be a simple record audio button IN the DJI app that saved the recording to your phone it would be pretty handy.

Just an idea..
2017-3-2
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I like that idea. Would also be useful to record notes about the flight, kind of an audio slate. BTW & FWIW, the mods suggest feature requests be sent via the DJI Go app's Me > More > Feedback mechanism. I'm guessing it's easier to consume and track such than for DJI personnel to wade through the forum. Anyway, I back the suggestion!
2017-3-2
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Or, just download the latest version of the iOS app?

Mavic Pro:
-Added feature that preciously record takeoff point
-Increase max flight speed to 15m/s in ActiveTrack
-Added support for simultaneous control of aircraft by Primary and Secondary remote controllers
Editor:
-Added Free Eye feature, which enables image slideshow.
-Added Reserve filter, Curve mode and Video Reverse mode. Updated music library
-Added Total Reset feature in AutoEdit
General:
-Added support to save video in mobile device cache when SD card is full or or unavailable.
-Updated Flight Restriction terms in Mainland China
-Added audio recording function while caching video
-App available now in Korean
2017-3-2
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You should buy a lottery ticket! You asked and you got it!
2017-3-2
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-2 19:29

HAHA... what were the chances
2017-3-2
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Seeing as my mavic is all boxed up ready for collection and heading back to DJI for repair... can someone else test if this actually does what I wanted it to do?? IE... capture audio from the mobile phone while flying?
2017-3-2
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-2 19:29

Ouch... only for IOS... DJI cmon! Give Android some love!
2017-3-3
Use props
Blackline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5029167 ft
United States

i asked about this not to long ago , still on front page. i have not tried it yet but looks like we got it.
2017-3-3
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

I am very anxious to see how well this works and exactly where the voice recording is saved. I am assuming along with the cached video. If so, can it be extracted and added in post to the original file saved on the SD card?
2017-3-3
Use props
mendo
lvl.3

United States

That sounds convenient for people. By the way, if you just want to simply record music from music player apps or the websites, you could use DRmare Music Recorder, and then you can stream the recorded music to your devices and listen offline. Hope you can like it and enjoy your music.
2019-7-7
Use props
rmhoutz
New
Flight distance : 126683 ft
United States

FlashGJ Posted at 2017-3-3 05:27
I am very anxious to see how well this works and exactly where the voice recording is saved. I am assuming along with the cached video. If so, can it be extracted and added in post to the original file saved on the SD card?

I'm hoping since this is a very old request they have a solution for pulling the audio off the phone for editing in post. Does anyone know how that can be done?
2020-10-26
Use props
MauiMacMan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 673698 ft
United States

audio

rmhoutz Posted at 10-26 10:22
I'm hoping since this is a very old request they have a solution for pulling the audio off the phone for editing in post. Does anyone know how that can be done?

I was able to offload the raw files from my Go4app on iPhone 8+ using iTunes on a Mac before Apple upgraded the iOS and Mac software. I was running Mavrick on a Macbook Pro. Even before the upgrade to Catalina, I was foiled from downloading my cache file that also has the audio narration and natural sound from my flying location. The question now becomes how to access the Go4 files in light of software upgrades that break usability?
2020-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules