Got my refresh mavic back.. its junk
2674 30 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John94si
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261312 ft
United States

So i crashed my drone and sent it back Jan31 and it finally was returned today march 2 a refurbished. This one is junk.. tons of errors, firmwares took many times to apply. very slow to fly.. plus the battery that was toasted from going in the lake was returned to me still broken.

Guess i need to ship back again.. my first was great until i drove it into a lake by mistake..

speeds are 18mph and 35 in sport.. my old was 40 in normal and 62 in sport.. what to do? wait another moth for another refurbish is crazy.
2017-3-2
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Good luck!
2017-3-2
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

Why can't DJI service get their act together??  They need to focus more on quality and less on quantity. Too many stories like this.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Very sorry to hear about the issue, I do understand how frustrating it must be.
I tried to search the case number with the e-mail address you use for forum, unfortunately failed, would you please provide me your case number? we'll take care of it.
I've reported the case to our engineers as well.
2017-3-2
Use props
John94si
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-2 19:54
Very sorry to hear about the issue, I do understand how frustrating it must be.
I tried to search the case number with the e-mail address you use for forum, unfortunately failed, would you please provide me your case number? we'll take care of it.
I've reported the case to our engineers as well.

This was my case number. I have not opened another yet as it was after hours.

Case Number:  CAS-429402-B4B5D0
2017-3-3
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
United States

John94si Posted at 2017-3-3 05:20

Thankfully DJI has allowed their mods to monitor this forum and advocate for customers. They all are great and their assistance is very much appreciated. They truely appear to care and feel the customers pain.   Managment still  needs to take it to the step and improve their repair process.

Many companies use post repair customer surveys to monitor customer satisfaction. They take these extremely seriously and change processes accordingly. For those that have been through the repair process, does DJI do this?
2017-3-3
Use props
PassBy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139967 ft

Malaysia

Yup.. Send Warranty is definitely more then 2month..
2017-3-3
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Welcome to the circus known as DJI, where the reps on here feign concern and offer little because they know there are 1000 people waiting behind you with money in hand.

Nothing will change until a competitor emerges to challenge the Mavic, likely this year, and you will see a lot of people jump ship, not necessarily due to the product, but how DJI deals with quality control issues and it's customers.
2017-3-3
Use props
M4BMW
lvl.4
United States

I own a Mavic but I am really looking at this since I am already in the market for the 4k camera

https://www.yitechnology.com/yierida
2017-3-3
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-3-3 06:05
Welcome to the circus known as DJI, where the reps on here feign concern and offer little because they know there are 1000 people waiting behind you with money in hand.

Nothing will change until a competitor emerges to challenge the Mavic, likely this year, and you will see a lot of people jump ship, not necessarily due to the product, but how DJI deals with quality control issues and it's customers.

Autel seems to make a top quality drone and their customer service is top notch. Their software and some of its features are still lagging, but getting better. They do have a few cool features like the removable camera/Gimbal, with other replacement cameras on the way.

Many have already jumped ship from DJI purely because of the poor customer service. Call Autel and you will get an answer with a real person that can really help you within 2 minutes. Try It! They are still small and nimbal and seem to realize the importance of keeping customers happy. They were even available Christmas Day. I don't own an Autel but their product is becoming very compelling, especially after reading the DJI customer service horror stories that are too frequent.  Competition drives customer satisfaction.
2017-3-3
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
United States

^^^ this. I also own an Autel X-Star Premium and it's camera is far superior to my Mavic and their customer service is actually a pleasure to deal with. I have begged Autel to release a small foldable drone. They are a top shelf company.
2017-3-3
Use props
M4BMW
lvl.4
United States

M4BMW Posted at 2017-3-3 06:15
I own a Mavic but I am really looking at this since I am already in the market for the 4k camera

Their new 4k camera also records 4k at 60fps
2017-3-3
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
United States

M4BMW Posted at 2017-3-3 06:34
Their new 4k camera also records 4k at 60fps

Yep. The existing camera shoots 2.7k @ 60fps. Plus they're releasing a FLIR/thermal this quarter.
2017-3-3
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-3-3 06:26
^^^ this. I also own an Autel X-Star Premium and it's camera is far superior to my Mavic and their customer service is actually a pleasure to deal with. I have begged Autel to release a small foldable drone. They are a top shelf company.

I will probably buy Autel for my next drone. They have some pretty cool stuff on the horizon.  
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-3-3 06:05

Preach brotha!
2017-3-3
Use props
John94si
lvl.1
United States

Well it is now in transit back to DJI again..
2017-3-3
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

pretty terrible service. Surely in instances like this DJI should just send you a new one while yours is in transit back by way of an apology.

If mine comes back from repair with errors like that I'd be fuming.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've added your case# and someone will be contacting you.
In the meantime can you see what happens if you connect tot he Asssitant2 and restore to factory settings.
2017-3-3
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
United States

Your old mavic did 62 in sport mode....
Sounds like you spent your time reading the manual and researching these forums...
2017-3-3
Use props
John94si
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 12:30
I've added your case# and someone will be contacting you.
In the meantime can you see what happens if you connect tot he Asssitant2 and restore to factory settings.

yes i tried many things. I even factory reset my Samsung S7 and only loaded Go app and still had issues. Tried multiple batteries. etc..
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

John94si Posted at 2017-3-3 13:46
yes i tried many things. I even factory reset my Samsung S7 and only loaded Go app and still had issues. Tried multiple batteries. etc..

Ok, I'm sorry but it looks like that one will have to come back in.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Our support contacted you and created a new case number for you: CAS-487523-T8L1X3,
May I know you sent it in or not?
We're concerned much about the problems you reported, will take care of it after it arrives.
2017-3-5
Use props
Bennettmike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227585 ft
United States

Humm that's cool, Clever way to fold up.
2017-3-5
Use props
John94si
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-5 18:41
Our support contacted you and created a new case number for you: CAS-487523-T8L1X3,
May I know you sent it in or not?
We're concerned much about the problems you reported, will take care of it after it arrives.

yes i already had a case number
cas-487381-w8t8b4
2 day shipping
Scheduled Delivery:
    Tuesday, 03/07/2017, By End of Day
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

John94si Posted at 2017-3-6 07:28
yes i already had a case number
cas-487381-w8t8b4
2 day shipping

Thanks, I checked in our system, it's under progress.
Please feel free to let us know for any further questions.
2017-3-6
Use props
JoshuaJWong
New
United States

Is that the average time you can get your drone back after sending it back for repair?? a month??
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

JoshuaJWong Posted at 2017-3-6 23:28
Is that the average time you can get your drone back after sending it back for repair?? a month??

Apologize for the delay in repair, may we have your case number? will help you check the status.
2017-3-15
Use props
RightStuffed
lvl.2
United States

interesting
2017-3-15
Use props
Syndicate_X
lvl.1
United States

I went to a local hobby shop to see if they carried DJI stuff at all because I was looking for a battery and some new props. Well, because he had such a hard time with DJI's lack of support he stopped selling their stuff TOTALLY. Not even friggin PROPS! So for a retail hobby shop (and DJI Dealer) to stop selling the most popular drone AND it's accessories, the CS must be pretty dang bad. Ive been looking for a local shop to service mine just in case, or a place I can go grab some extras for my AC but I'm having a hard time finding one that wants to deal with DJI's crap.
I'll be honest, I'm patiently awaiting a viable competitor. It would not be hard to knock DJI off it's high horse. They just need to perfect the tech in most of these other drones. The CS and package is allready there.
2017-3-15
Use props
John94si
lvl.1
United States

I finally received my 2nd replacement. It works fine but I requested a brand new in an OEM box and they did not send me one. I keep all my boxes for when i resell an item like iPhones etc and when i had to ship it back i sent it in my original box thinking i would get that back or at least another new one.. NOPE..

I cant wait till someone knocks DJI off their high horse.
2017-3-20
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Belgium

Ooooh...Ahhhh. Sweeet!
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules