Hot modding the p4 and stress cracks photos
1253 16 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172484 ft
United States

For the wise guy in you. Yeah look at all that abuse. Anyone care to tell me it's been hot modded etc crashed have at it pictures don't lie. Dji, where do I send it for repair stress cracks left rear 120 flights p4 under chassis. Thank you.
20170302_191224.jpg
20170302_201920.jpg
20170302_201934.jpg
20170302_201940.jpg
20170302_201950.jpg
2017-3-2
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

They are high resolution photo's zoom in with your scroll wheel on your mouse.
2017-3-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TexasTurbo Posted at 2017-3-2 18:46
They are high resolution photo's zoom in with your scroll wheel on your mouse.

I can't say for sure, but given your user-name it might lead people to think you fly it agressively, and agressive flying is known to produce stress cracks.
2017-3-2
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-2 18:48
I can't say for sure, but given your user-name it might lead people to think you fly it agressively, and agressive flying is known to produce stress cracks.

Lmao geez Turbo means I fly to fast. You cant make this stuff up. And the drone is black and I'm white are you calling me a racist?  Really not saying you are nutz but  saying really you are. And really? Wow. Maybe, just maybe you need to go outside and witness life dude. Just because someone has a fast name or implements turbo into doesn't mean they fly fast. Yeah my drone is black and it's not a kettle.
2017-3-2
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

TexasTurbo Posted at 2017-3-2 19:03
Lmao geez Turbo means I fly to fast. You cant make this stuff up. And the drone is black and I'm white are you calling me a racist?  Really not saying you are nutz but  saying really you are. And really? Wow. Maybe, just maybe you need to go outside and witness life dude. Just because someone has a fast name or implements turbo into doesn't mean they fly fast. Yeah my drone is black and it's not a kettle.

If flying the drone in p mode full gps is to fast oh my forgive me.
2017-3-2
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

Bought mine in December and it is cracking in the exact same places. And I ride Sport Bikes too so that must mean that I fly fast as well!! LMAO........
2017-3-2
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

Sprtbkrydr Posted at 2017-3-2 19:14
Bought mine in December and it is cracking in the exact same places. And I ride Sport Bikes too so that must mean that I fly fast as well!! LMAO........

Any response from Dji?
2017-3-2
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
United States

Yes, they have sent me a shipping label to send it back with to be repaired.
2017-3-2
Use props
Quamera
lvl.2
Australia

The big question is do those cracks extend through the magnesium alloy chassis or are they just "cosmetic cracks" in the shell. The shell isn't purely cosmetic and cracks in it will produce a stress concentrations in the chassis but some cyanoacrylate or 2 pack resin would go a long way towards stopping the crack from extending through the chassis if you didn't want to go to the trouble or expense of replacing the bottom shell.

It is intriguing that there are 3 cracks in one arm but none in any of the others. Is the motor inclination on that arm identical to the others possibly indicating a drop onto that corner at some stage in the Phantoms life causing a misalignment and stress concentration.  
2017-3-2
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-3-2 19:24
He's another Australian, they are actively attacking anyone from the USA right now on this forum.  Follow a couple of my posts, they are nuts and all over me.

Lmao bro from the land down under.
2017-3-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Quamera Posted at 2017-3-2 19:25
The big question is do those cracks extend through the magnesium alloy chassis or are they just "cosmetic cracks" in the shell. The shell isn't purely cosmetic and cracks in it will produce a stress concentrations in the chassis but some cyanoacrylate or 2 pack resin would go a long way towards stopping the crack from extending through the chassis if you didn't want to go to the trouble or expense of replacing the bottom shell.

It is intriguing that there are 3 cracks in one arm but none in any of the others. Is the motor inclination on that arm identical to the others possibly indicating a drop onto that corner at some stage in the Phantoms life causing a misalignment and stress concentration.

The magnesium alloy chassis, as far as I am aware, is in the centre of the aircraft and not the arms. But that is just my recollection.
2017-3-2
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

I think the Turbo may be a reference to the "fans" so not really indicative of speed.

My Defender has a Turbo motor but being a diesel it's hardly what you would call fast, but maybe aggressive.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I responded to you on your duplicate thread.
2017-3-2
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-2 22:39
I responded to you on your duplicate thread.

Thank you for the contact number. Many people one here are cruel and condemning. Kind of makes ya wonder. But thank you.
2017-3-2
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

Seems some people are unlucky I've got over 150 flights and used sport mode quite aggressively at times. never crashed or dropped mine though. And I have no stress cracks at all.
2017-3-3
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-2 19:54
The magnesium alloy chassis, as far as I am aware, is in the centre of the aircraft and not the arms. But that is just my recollection.

There's no magnesium alloy chassis inside the P4 arms.
2017-3-3
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

Take no notice of GEEBAX mate hes DJIs resident Bum licker on here
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules