United Kingdom

Just a question can u overide the 500m limit on the standard
2017-3-2
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

No.  What you can do is climb tall mountains then fly to max 500m.  

I needed teh drone to climb 380m just to clear the clouds.  Max altitude 3160m

2017-3-2
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

The next day later in the afternoon.

2017-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you are asking about altitude, the answer is NO.
If you are talking about distance, the limit is user configurable and can be switched off.
2017-3-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ysmith Posted at 2017-3-2 23:57
i have never got enough range to ever try to override the limit on my  p3s.
but on a p3a/p if you hold down the RTH button and push the throttle stick up at 500m it will keep climbing to however high you want to go but this is probably not recommended.

Nah, don't think so, this loophole was plugged over a year ago.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

but on a p3a/p if you hold down the RTH button and push the throttle stick up at 500m it will keep climbing to however high you want to go but this is probably not recommended.

That really wouldn't be the best course of action.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You can't really do it, though I'm sure someone figured out how to do it. Most likely modding would be involved, But that would void the warranty. (Edit) The only way to really go higher than 500m is to start at a higher elevation so as to increase the height range from the 'actual' floor. There's no limit on negative integer readings in altitude (barring basic signal range), there's only a limit on the positive integer readings.
2017-3-3
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

That feature has already been removed by DJI.   If the OP wanted to just get longer range then he would need the Argtek Antenna kit.

I fitted one and have done 3km max distance... could have gone farther but I was sightseeing to other places along the way and into a head wind.
I did in all over 24500ft on that flight. About 7.5km in total. Good thing is DJI willa lert you when you need to return. My drone came back at 42mph so I got back with 35% battery left so flew around my home point area taking some photos of tea farms and guest houses.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/ZP03WI8PU0UTU7TFGXH7/

2017-3-3
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I think this is a "hard" limit put into the firmware by DJI. Only way is to use custom firmwares - but probably not worth it! The best shots are always close to the action - which means close to the ground.
2017-3-3
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

fivetonine Posted at 2017-3-3 01:02
I think this is a "hard" limit put into the firmware by DJI. Only way is to use custom firmwares - but probably not worth it! The best shots are always close to the action - which means close to the ground.

Hmmm the best shots are close to the ground?

This taken at above 3100m or 10200ft.  Maxed the 500m limit. At 1.45 plus in the video you can see we have an observatory up here at 2862m.

I will do a sunrise video from up there soon.  Should get my drone up to 3360m or 11000ft plus....   My poor little P3S....

http://www.astro.ncu.edu.tw/observatory/index_e.php

2017-3-3
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-3 01:08
Hmmm the best shots are close to the ground?

This taken at above 3100m or 10200ft.  Maxed the 500m limit. At 1.45 plus in the video you can see we have an observatory up here at 2862m.

Those are breathtaking shots, no doubt. And how many times in the mountains am I tempted to go higher than the 500m, because it makes exploration so much easier. But there's the limit, and we can't do nothing about it.
2017-3-3
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

fivetonine Posted at 2017-3-3 01:22
Those are breathtaking shots, no doubt. And how many times in the mountains am I tempted to go higher than the 500m, because it makes exploration so much easier. But there's the limit, and we can't do nothing about it.

I actually use my drone to survey the roads and bridges
2017-3-3
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-3 00:58
That feature has already been removed by DJI.   If the OP wanted to just get longer range then he would need the Argtek Antenna kit.

I fitted one and have done 3km max distance... could have gone farther but I was sightseeing to other places along the way and into a head wind.

wow that's really good I had no luck with my argtek   the best I got was 700 feet which was half of stock distance I got the DBS mod and it doubled my range
2017-3-3
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Steve-76 Posted at 2017-3-3 06:42
wow that's really good I had no luck with my argtek   the best I got was 700 feet which was half of stock distance I got the DBS mod and it doubled my range

Yes the RC line not connected properly.  
2017-3-3
Use props
djiuser_Hamaaro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25955 ft
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-3 00:58

which kit, do you have a link to the exact one.
2017-12-6
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

They have extenders for several DJI drones

http://www.argtek.com/index.asp?lang=2
2017-12-9
Use props
Rudders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5203832 ft
Jersey

I bought a second hand Argtek kit that was also already installed in a P3S controller (for peanuts).

The previous owner said it didn't improve his range, actually made it worse. So when I opened the controller I found the RC pig tail was "glued" to it's terminal, but the terminal end was broken off the controller, so that the pig tail was just glued to the board with no actual copper touching copper...so no connection. No wonder his signal was worse....silly billy!!!

When I bought it, I was suffering from one of the bad firmware updates that had dropped my range before loss of signal to about 200m. On first testing the range increased to about 600m. Then after applying the next firmware update when it finally came out, the range tripled. The best thing really is that the video stopped dropping out all the time as I wasn't really intending to do any distances.
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules