Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is totally nonsense.

Update firmware and Mavic wipes out ALL your personal settings!

You'd think DJI would notify users of the anomaly/irregularity/abberration/quirk.

So each firmware update...users have to go BACK into each and every menu setting and RESET all your personal preferences!

What gives DJI?????

2017-3-2
Use props
tellus1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105551 ft
Australia

Massive pain!! Especially RTH height resetting with out warning after a update is pretty stupid IMO
2017-3-2
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

tellus1 Posted at 2017-3-2 22:07
Massive pain!! Especially RTH height resetting with out warning after a update is pretty stupid IMO

yep...now we're forced to keep a separate document with all personal settings and reenter them each update!  

I hope DJI support will do something in future.
2017-3-3
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

i think its a general thing that all pilots really ought to do, check all their settings after a firmware change,   as if the coder making this program, moves options in the interface etc,  your presets may not be valid for the changes and could cause havoc,  so TBH ALL options should go to a default value,  i certainly dont agree with SOME settings staying and loosing some settings though,  it should be all or nothing cause anything half way is scarey.
2017-3-3
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-3-3 06:31
i think its a general thing that all pilots really ought to do, check all their settings after a firmware change,   as if the coder making this program, moves options in the interface etc,  your presets may not be valid for the changes and could cause havoc,  so TBH ALL options should go to a default value,  i certainly dont agree with SOME settings staying and loosing some settings though,  it should be all or nothing cause anything half way is scarey.

I get your point.  However, I don't believe the coders have to wipe out essential fly settings!  Especially when you start to get the "feel" of the bird, start producing some really cinematic images then BAM...you get thrown back to square one.  I've been in the film biz for many years...and the gear that's most user friendly is gear that you can set to your own personal tastes, is repeatable and confidence building.  Because when the things hits the fan...you'd better know what your doing.
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules