Are you going to update your Inspire 2 with the latest firmware?
4441 73 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse186c04e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-3 16:57
Does you gimbal start up like this with buzzing for 4 seconds near the end like this?X5S gimbal start up sequence

take cap off!!!
2017-3-6
Use props
fanse186c04e
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-3-3 23:26
Thank you Rex65. I did the same and yes - it went through very fast. But the problems  with the VA still persist......

va? VA?VA?
2017-3-6
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Seriously what difference is that going to make?
2017-3-6
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-3 16:57
Does you gimbal start up like this with buzzing for 4 seconds near the end like this?X5S gimbal start up sequence

Mine does this!
2017-3-6
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

allanart Posted at 2017-3-4 08:49
Yes, the short buzzing noise at the end of the process appears to be common after upgrade. Some say that it goes away after several re-starts but I have re-started my I2 at least 6 times times since installing the upgrade and I still get the short buzzing noise. Seems to work fine though!
Best.
Allan

I think its just calibrating the servos in the gimbal to be optimal for every flight..
2017-3-6
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

yes make sure you take the cap off before you turn it on.  Because the servos are calibrating for the weight of the cap.  If you take the cap off after thats performed, the servos will be under stress from that point forward.
2017-3-6
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-6 08:18

Seriously..

yes make sure you take the cap off before you turn it on.  Because the servos are calibrating for the weight of the cap.  If you take the cap off after thats performed, the servos will be under stress from that point forward.
2017-3-6
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

lolders Posted at 2017-3-6 08:43
Seriously..

Lolders,
Thank you for your explanation! I don't think I read this in the inspire 2 manual? But I can see your point and I shall be doing it this way from now on.

However this does not change the fact that the gimbal sounds like "rubbish" compared to what it did like before the firmware up-date. If it was like this from day one then that would be another story altogether!

Thanks Again for your input
Karl
2017-3-6
Use props
AutoPilot 211
lvl.1
Flight distance : 436640 ft
United States

Cymon66 Posted at 2017-3-6 01:26
Have you tried using assistant 2 with the I2... The only reason I say this, is with my M600 you always have the option to downgrade back to the previous firmware?  And while I have my own I2 and X4s, I always wait a few days before updating DJI firmare as I know from previous experiance these problems you guys are having are common with DJI

(You thought Apple were bad with updates???  now you know

Yes I did reset to factory setting and re ran the update and still will not work.
2017-3-6
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

I updated last Friday and everything is working fine.  Did it in this order.

Updated the AC using Assistant 2.
Updated the Remote with my iPad.
Updated 2nd set of batteries.
Updated DJI Go 4 app
Updated restriction zones (iPad hooked directly to AC)

2017-3-6
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

fans1d6b7d4d Posted at 2017-3-4 14:36
Gimbal worked fine before update, now it will now move. DJI said to return the x4s to where I purchased it from. (sighhhhhh)

Any Idea on the solution?   

Don't you just love that speaker-like feedback distortion noise at the end of the DJI startup melody........ Mine does it too after the firmware update.
2017-3-6
Use props
fanse186c04e
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-6 08:18

Wy do you think there are balance rings?
2017-3-7
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-6 09:03
Lolders,
Thank you for your explanation! I don't think I read this in the inspire 2 manual? But I can see your point and I shall be doing it this way from now on.

No problem glad I could help.  Everyones is doing the sound at the beginning its just an auto calibration of the servos so the gimbal doesn't have to work any more then it has to.  It adjust to find the right stiffness, which varies everytime there is a change in lens so its good they did this.
2017-3-14
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did mine, all went well. Very disappointed that the new NFZ areas aren't reflected in the DJI Geo page.

Went to do an indoor job, which is in an authorisation zone, which I got preapproved. Arrived on site and set up and got told I couldn't take off. The new NFZ area englufed the yellow area and is now just all red.
2017-3-15
Use props
DECinHSV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI I'm having continuous APP crashes since upgrade... Publish instructions somewhere to address APP crashes.  OPEN a special page... Do something!  And answer the phone, but people on the lines...
2017-3-21
Use props
sharif0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Generally I am the fearless early upgrader when it comes to firmware. However, given the fairly high level of reported glitches people are reporting, I am planning to hold off until V2 of this large update.  Looks like many improvements were made, but I expect that DJI will release a new firmware shortly.
2017-3-22
Use props
ROTOROPTIC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598031 ft
Canada

My update to latest firmware only worked doing thru GO4. When I tried with Assistant2, it said it updated but when I checked firmware version on the I2, it was the old version....no change.
Anybody having problems may want to try the whole thing with GO4
2017-3-22
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

CloudVisual Posted at 2017-3-15 00:11
Did mine, all went well. Very disappointed that the new NFZ areas aren't reflected in the DJI Geo page.

Went to do an indoor job, which is in an authorisation zone, which I got preapproved. Arrived on site and set up and got told I couldn't take off. The new NFZ area englufed the yellow area and is now just all red.

Is the NFZ worse with the upgrade???
2017-3-22
Use props
SPH*i2*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322579 ft
United Kingdom

All done big improvement GREAT
2017-3-22
Use props
Nik6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 806096 ft
United States

SPH*i2* Posted at 2017-3-22 11:08
All done big improvement GREAT

Upgraded mine, no problems, very happy with it. Cant say I wasn't nervous about doing it though.......

Nik
2017-3-22
Use props
DECinHSV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

you need a choice that says I WISH I WOULD NOT HAVE . . . very troubling and DJI could care less . . . or thats the feeling I got when I waited nearly two hours to get a TECH on the phone.  You guessed it --- they think its the aircraft, even though its flown great for months ???
2017-3-22
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-22 08:56
Is the NFZ worse with the upgrade???

The yellow unlocking 'authorization' area no longer exists, so the NFZ is now all red.
2017-3-24
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

Upgraded yesterday and flew through six sets of batteries today.

I was nervous about the update and the AC hung on 83% for five minuets which wasn't nice but all seems cool. Flies pretty much the same as before as far as I can tell which is great.

Fingers crossed, good luck to those who dare!

2017-3-24
Use props
KNOTENOUGH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142687 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upgraded last night, should of went to forum first.. Cross my fingers!!
RD.
2017-3-26
Use props
maxdd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 889531 ft
United States

Upgraded a while back but have only flown once. Did not notice any problems at that time. Weather has been the only problem...
2017-3-26
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-3-3 22:34
Hi George Sun - thank you for your feedback. So, we are not alone ;-) Well I wouldn't do the update on day one but I had a couple of other problems and ..... was hopping of an improvement. Well, the result is even worse. Still the problems with the landing gear, sensors and in addition to that  - a incredible slow bird.

Hope the fix is coming soon.

Hi! Did you also encounter speed recustion after the upgrade?!
2017-4-5
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

George Sun Posted at 2017-3-3 08:16
I did the upgrade and now I have   Air Encoder Error (0x100000)  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it is telling me to communicate with DJI service.
What is that????????
The drone has only flown 2 times.

This is a silly bug. Just reboot the aircraft again and all will be fine. Unfortunately for some of us, this has to be done for each new flight.
2017-4-5
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DECinHSV Posted at 2017-3-21 13:33
DJI I'm having continuous APP crashes since upgrade... Publish instructions somewhere to address APP crashes.  OPEN a special page... Do something!  And answer the phone, but people on the lines...

not that this is your issue.  but one thing I will start doing whenever there is an app update I will delete the app first and do a clean install.
2017-4-6
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

sharif0 Posted at 2017-3-22 04:34
Generally I am the fearless early upgrader when it comes to firmware. However, given the fairly high level of reported glitches people are reporting, I am planning to hold off until V2 of this large update.  Looks like many improvements were made, but I expect that DJI will release a new firmware shortly.

im hoping one that addresses all these motor stops.
2017-4-6
Use props
ValentinF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5673871 ft
Switzerland

Just updated RC, then aircraft+x5s through GO 4.0.6. It seems like everything went alright. The new noise from the x5s is not reassuring but if it's normal...
One question though: when I changed for my second and third set of batteries I did not get the expected inconsistent firmware warning and request to upgrade battery FW. Anything to worry about? Is these a way to check the battery firmware version?

Thanks,
Valentin
2017-4-8
Use props
ValentinF
lvl.2
Switzerland

Fastest way to know was to try it out! Seems that everything is indeed alright with the batteries?!

Two BAD things though.
(1) My fault, should have checked that the update messed up every single settings. I was only thinking about safety and did not notice that the picture format was back to JPEG...
(2) The speed. What happened here?! No mention of this in the release notes?! I could hardly hit 80 km/h (50 mph) in sport whereas I would easily go over 95km/h (60 mph) before. Of course no wind in both cases. Any hope that this won't be permanent?
2017-4-8
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

ValentinF Posted at 2017-4-8 07:52
Fastest way to know was to try it out! Seems that everything is indeed alright with the batteries?!

Two BAD things though.

As to the speed reduction, I wonder if the I2 had some serious vibration or braking matters at higher speeds causing them to come apart as with some videos?  Might be more than the frame and gimbal can withstand too so they reduced it.  Dunno though...

2017-4-8
Use props
fans97d23af2
lvl.1

Hong Kong

ValentinF Posted at 2017-4-8 07:52

Two BAD things though.

Are you on the latest firmware or is it the beta firmware? Thanks
2017-4-9
Use props
ValentinF
lvl.2
Switzerland

I am on the latest official firmware.

Concerning reasons for decreasing the max speed, I can understand the technicalities but don't really care. You cannot sell a product with a given spec sheet and downgrade after a few months once the product is sold on a large scale. If there is a major problem with the advertised speed there should be a recall and fix or a possibility for refund if this is not doable. I can hardly imagine a scenario where I sell a service to a client and change the terms after payment with no consequences...
2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules