Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Damaged Camera glass
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8a0e077f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 447966 ft
South Africa

Hi
I was using dronedeploy this morning while photographing a construction site. When the run was complete drone tried to land on my vehicle bonnet as thats where it took off from. It got it wrong and ended up crashing and there seems to now be a crack in the glass covering the camera.
Luckily it still works and there doesnt seem to be any problem with the camera footage even with the crack!!!!
Can this camera glass be replaced ?

PS - do not take off from your vehicle bonnet or roof. Rather start on firm ground!!!!!

Kendall
2017-3-3
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

do not take off from your vehicle bonnet [hood] or roof. Rather start on firm ground!!!!!

That's good advice. In fact, I'd expect that before you tried to take off you'd get the message that reads something like, "Compass interference; move the aircraft or calibrate compass". In other words, you should avoid taking off from or near potential sources of magnetic interference.
2017-3-3
Use props
doberdann1019
lvl.1

United States

New camera: https://store.cloudcitydrones.co ... -gimbal-camera.html
2017-3-3
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

never take off from anything metal especially a car itll screw up the compass. not sure why you didnt land manually on the ground
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules