Overlaying Flight Data on Raw P4 Video
2188 3 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N762CB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513970 ft
United States

My Question – How do I overlaying the flight data (Altitude, Speed, Direction, etc.) contained on the interface device (IPad Pro Specifically) with the “raw” video (I’ve got my P4 set for MP4 videos) also contained on the device?

I know that I’ve seen at least one YouTube video on how to do this (I can’t remember where I placed the link), but does anyone know of a simple method, app, etc., or best YouTube video that demonstrates a procedure for doing this?  

I know where to find and how to save the FlightLogs, FlightRecords, VideoCache, & VideoEditProjects data on the IPad using Itunes and save that data out locally to my Mac.

Thanks in advance to everyone’s reply - Chris

2017-3-3
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

You need to turn on "Video Caption".  

This will create a matching .SRT file for every .MP4 file you record.   It's up to your video playback software to recognize the .SRT file and then superimpose the data it contains on your MP4 movie.   

Most video players do this automatically when they see an .SRT file.   The .SRT  and .MP4 must be in the same folder.
2017-3-3
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

VLC player will display this data, but depending on your computers speed, it CAN cause little glitches in the video playback..  
2017-3-3
Use props
JLuengo83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226742 ft
United States

Hi, there. Take a look of these two links from Youtube. I suggest you to use the Software called Dashware, and if you have windows 10 make sure to delete from the installation folder the file "MFPlat.dll", and every time you want to run the Dashware sofware make sure to open direclty from the Installation folder, and more thing all those guys don't mention maybe because they don't realize that Dashware won't allow you to create the video recorded in 4K from your drone, make sure to record the videos in 1080.                                                                                                                     
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules