Do you balance the P4P propellers ?
738 9 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Do you think it's necessary to balance the P4P's propellers ?
2017-3-3
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Yes, at least check them. In my case, out of eight propellers, four were unbalanced.
2017-3-3
Use props
Quamera
lvl.2
Australia

kykphantom Posted at 2017-3-3 03:40
Yes, at least check them. In my case, out of eight propellers, four were unbalanced.

How do you balance props, is a special tool required or is it good enough to place the prop on a pointed 2mm rod and visually check that it is balanced.
2017-3-3
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Quamera Posted at 2017-3-3 04:08
How do you balance props, is a special tool required or is it good enough to place the prop on a pointed 2mm rod and visually check that it is balanced.

Take a look in Youtube, and you'll find tutorials.  
For self tightening propellers, you need a rod with two types of threads, one at each end.

One thread in the direction of the hands of one clock, and the other in the opposite direction
2017-3-3
Use props
Quamera
lvl.2
Australia

Bullflyer Posted at 2017-3-3 04:13
Take a look in Youtube, and you'll find tutorials

I can't do any online video including Youtube, due to a very slow internet connection. Another reason why there is no way I will ever do a software update for DJI or Windows and I am perfectly happy with the situation because its saved me a lot of grief over the years!!
2017-3-3
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

the dji props are almost perfectly balanced from the factory, but there are a few that are not perfect but are usable and certainly nothing to worry about. some of us want a precision balance just for our own satisfaction. i use the "DU-BRO" system and cost about $35 usd  on amazon or ebay. most hobby stores carry them.
2017-3-3
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-3-3 06:41
the dji props are almost perfectly balanced from the factory, but there are a few that are not perfect but are usable and certainly nothing to worry about. some of us want a precision balance just for our own satisfaction. i use the "DU-BRO" system and cost about $35 usd  on amazon or ebay. most hobby stores carry them.

Yes, that's correct!
2017-3-3
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have beend flying sine the P3P, P4, P4P, P4P+ nver had to balance any props. Litterally hundreds of flights. But I always checks them when I land, wipe them cleans from bugs and check them for wear and tear.
2017-3-3
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-3 20:21
I have beend flying sine the P3P, P4, P4P, P4P+ nver had to balance any props. Litterally hundreds of flights. But I always checks them when I land, wipe them cleans from bugs and check them for wear and tear.

good advice dronist !
2017-3-4
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-3-4 17:08
good advice dronist !

Thx Grizz.

We always learn something new everyday. I rather learn from other people mistake and pocket than from mine. The expertise and help in this forum is really great.

Fly Safe!
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules