GPS Tracker Question
1595 10 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

Last year i purchased an AYNSUN GPS tracker.  It used a SIM card and was supposed to work by calling it and it woudl return its coordinates with a link to google maps.  It worked only when it wanted to, so i returned it thinking it was faulty.  The replacement was equally dissapointing.  
My question is:  What GPS tracker do people here like and have had good experinece with?  
Thanks.
2017-3-3
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521010 ft
United Kingdom

I've tried 3 different GPS trackers. The nearest location I got was within a couple of mtrs but that was a 24 hour wait for it to respond. I've heard very good reports about the accuracy and YouTube reports are good. I have mixed feelings about them, I was getting reports telling me the tracker was moving 1100 mtrs away when it was stationary 2 feet in front of me (maybe dji software? Lol). I've given up on GPS and have a Marco polo on order. The GPS trackers were not reliable enough for me. A tracker of some description is better than nothing,and finding your drone 24hrs later is better than a total loss. Good luck
2017-3-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I love my Flytrex Live 3G but it won't work for the newer Phantoms

http://www.flytrex.com/challenges/distance/phantom-all/
2017-3-3
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

I use the Trackimo 3G, like it very much. Free service for the first year, then it's $5. per month.
http://trackimo.com/
2017-3-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WilliamM Posted at 2017-3-3 12:18
I use the Trackimo 3G, like it very much. Free service for the first year, then it's $5. per month.
http://trackimo.com/

It would be interesting to know if the Trackimo deal works outside of the US though..... I don't think it would.
2017-3-3
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

I don't use a gps tracker I use the Marco,polo drone recovering system. Works great   No cell needed, stand alone system
2017-3-3
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-3 14:10
It would be interesting to know if the Trackimo deal works outside of the US though..... I don't think it would.

I believe it's world wide. Just a different currency exchange.
2017-3-3
Use props
Brayan2134
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138205 ft
United States

I don't use a gps tracker. Since according to the faa you must keep the aircraft withen line of sight, you should not need it. But what I recommend is a marco polo tracker. I heard good reviews about that tracker somewhere around the internet, but what do I know? I have never flown out of line of sight.
2017-3-3
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

Brayan2134 Posted at 2017-3-3 17:43
I don't use a gps tracker. Since according to the faa you must keep the aircraft withen line of sight, you should not need it. But what I recommend is a marco polo tracker. I heard good reviews about that tracker somewhere around the internet, but what do I know? I have never flown out of line of sight.

A beginner, and already a member of big bother ? lol
2017-3-3
Use props
TrackIT
lvl.1

Philippines

iv'e use Trackimo 3G GPS tracker, small device easy to use and its very reliable due to its very good tracking accuracy.
2017-5-11
Use props
Julia Baker
lvl.1

Philippines

I have trackimo and I'm loving it since I bought it. I haven't encountered any problems with it and plus I can easily use my phone to track it.
2017-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules