Looking for information on Intelligent Modes in Go 4 app
991 3 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

I was online with DJI support in chat with the question of how to use the modes of Spotlight, Trace and Profile.

I have only been a Go 4 app user.  Never used prior versions.  However, I have determined that in the previous versions of Go (prior to Go 4), these were sub menu items under Active Track.  In Go 4 app, these don't appear to be available, and instead there is Course Lock, Home Lock and POI (in addition to Gesture, Active Track, Cinemode, Tripod Mode, etc.).

I downloaded the latest Mavic Pro User Manual (dated 3/2/17) after completed the correlating firmware upgrade.  In that manual, it continues to reference Trace, Profile and Spotlight, but no explanation of how to get to these modes.

After an hour with DJI support, getting no where, except telling the support rep that he was not referencing the current user manual (he sent me images of manual pages using "GO" and not "Go 4" as found in the current manual), I've decided to see if any fellow Mavic pilots can clear up if these modes are still available, if so how to get to them, or if not how the functionality has been replaced (Course/Home Lock, etc.).

I noticed the release notes on the Go 4.0.5 app references Profile mode for Inspire, but not under the section for Mavic Pro.

Can any shed any light on these Intelligent Mode features and if they still exist..........
2017-3-3
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Yeah, they changed the behavior in the app a little. Now, you have to first select your subject in Active Track, and once the subject is successfully identified, you'll get a panel with the 3 types of Active Track mode to choose from.
2017-3-3
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-3-3 09:20
Yeah, they changed the behavior in the app a little. Now, you have to first select your subject in Active Track, and once the subject is successfully identified, you'll get a panel with the 3 types of Active Track mode to choose from.

Thank you sir.

You accomplished in a few words, what an hour going in circles with DJI support couldn't accomplish.  I think the biggest issue with DJI support is that each representative is likely juggling multiple customer inquiries at the same time, instead of focusing on one customer at a time.  That, and the fact that many of the representatives haven't likely experienced the aircraft or the current software.  At least that's the feeling I get.

I spent the afternoon exploring the features I was not finding because you got me pointed in the right direct.  

Many thanks.........
2017-3-3
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

NoSale Posted at 2017-3-3 13:28
Thank you sir.

You accomplished in a few words, what an hour going in circles with DJI support couldn't accomplish.  I think the biggest issue with DJI support is that each representative is likely juggling multiple customer inquiries at the same time, instead of focusing on one customer at a time.  That, and the fact that many of the representatives haven't likely experienced the aircraft or the current software.  At least that's the feeling I get.

My pleasure. Glad to have helped :-)
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules