3rd Party Datalogger for A2 System
1617 4 2015-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HMArnold
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

It's now apparent that the GPSExporter tool offered by DJI does not work with current firmware A2 systems, and as near as I can tell, there is no published plan to fix it.

The only support I have received so far on the issue was a response to a support email suggesting I contact DJI Service to get an RMA for my equipment.

As near as I can tell, that means I am supposed to try and talk DJI Service into accepting my $15k S1000+ back for service until DJI decides to fix GPSExporter.

Without the ability to export location, heading, and altitude information from an A2 system, that means the flagship system for DJI products is pretty much useless for commercial othroimagery applications

Can anyone recommend a 3rd party data logger that will capture, save, and later export location information?

Anyone know of a flight controller system I can use if I am willing to ditch my A2/Lightbridge/IOSD MkII/900Mhz Datalink system and start over?

Thanks in advance
2015-2-23
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

Hi there, It is a pain that DJI is not currently providing any updates on when these issues will be fixed.

What sort of info are you after?

Though generally a consumer product, Flytrex does allow export of system information.

I have attached a screen shot of what the export looks like.
Export Capture.png
2015-2-24
Use props
HMArnold
lvl.4
United States

Thanks very much.

I was hoping to get heading information as well, as I'm writing software to do the mosaic, and the heading info would allow me to turn the image to correct for any fluctuations in yaw. Without heading info, I could generate a virtual heading by lining up the previous 2 or next 2 GPS locations.

My fear about the Flytex is that the LIVE 3G version only seems to work when connected to a cell tower, and for agricultural work out in the sticks here in Texas, a cell signal is quite often not a possibility.

I have emailed Flytrex but not received a response.

Do you know if the Live 3G has a way to store system info if it doesn't have a signal, and does the smaller version have any way to hook up to an A2 controller?

Thanks
2015-2-24
Use props
HMArnold
lvl.4
United States

HMArnold Posted at 2015-2-25 03:16
Thanks very much.

I was hoping to get heading information as well, as I'm writing software to do th ...

I heard back from Flytrex that the Live 3G logs position info continuously for later download regardless of a cell signal.

As soon as I get it hooked up, I'll post results.

Sad though that with so much technology riding around on a DJI S1000+ with an A2 controller, Lightbridge, IOSD Mk II, 900Mhz Datalink, and a Zenmuse Z15 gimbal that you still have to purchase another device to be able to use it for commercial orthographic or photogrammetry

(trying to get as many Google search terms in as possible to warn people not to make the same mistake I did)

DJI - why not answer any of these support posts?
2015-2-25
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

I believe DJI devices are brilliant by themselves but the compatibility with their own products is lacking. We are unable to use the 900Mhz datalink here in Australia so that is a big downside as the 2.4 causes interference with the LB. If only there was a way to run all functions through one receiver and transmit commands etc through the canbus system.
2015-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules