Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5S Support for OSMO
12Next >
20596 68 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans593fc987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will the OSMO work with the Zenmuse X5S Camera?  If not would it be possible in the future for support of this camera on the OSMO?
2017-3-4
Use props
fans593fc987
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just got done chatting with DJI Support and they are saying this is possible and does not require any adapter to work.  Hmmmm.  I explained that I had a Zenmuse X3 Camera on my OSMO and I wanted to use my Zenmuse X5S Camera on my OSMO.  Tech support stated (via chat) that I needed no adapters to do this.  Is this true?  When I check B&H website they are saying that the Zenmuse X5S Camera with or without the OSMO X5 Adapater are not compatible.  So now I don't know who to believe.  Anyone out ther have any experience with this?
2017-3-4
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

No, it doesn't work.  I'm sorry that the chat rep told you the wrong info.

current Osmo has a calculation chip inside X3,X5 cameras. But with X5S camera, the chip is inside the drone/new Osmo handle.  So their working mechanism is totally different and not just an adaptor issue.
2017-3-4
Use props
fans593fc987
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-4 23:07

current Osmo has a calculation chip inside X3,X5 cameras. But with X5S camera, the chip is inside the drone/new Osmo handle.  So their working mechanism is totally different and not just an adaptor issue.

Thor .... thank you for the feedback.  So what you are saying is DJI is working on a new OSMO Handle that will accommodate the X5S?  If so that would be sweet.
2017-3-5
Use props
RichHowellNJ
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-4 23:07

DJI-Thor ... anymore info surfacing about developing a new OSMO to accommodate the X5S camera you can share?
2017-3-9
Use props
AtlAerials
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2916919 ft
United States

Hey guys. I'm interested in this too.

I just got off chat with a DJI rep. He said the X5S-compatible OSMO is in production but they don't have a release date as of yet.
2017-3-9
Use props
Paul Nordin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1267953 ft
  • >>>
United States

AtlAerials Posted at 2017-3-9 16:48
Hey guys. I'm interested in this too.

I just got off chat with a DJI rep. He said the X5S-compatible OSMO is in production but they don't have a release date as of yet.

They will probably be rolling this out as a NAB release in April.
2017-3-12
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Paul Nordin Posted at 2017-3-12 15:23

http://www.nabshow.com
2017-3-13
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

DJI chat just told me that I could not get an adapter to fit X5 camera on the OSMO? just found one on ebay and guess what it was made by DJI... now after some moe digging I find that I can buy one from DJI online store...(maybe the online chat people need some form of training)? as some of them clearly don't know what they are talking about.
2017-3-13
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-13 08:39
DJI chat just told me that I could not get an adapter to fit X5 camera on the OSMO? just found one on ebay and guess what it was made by DJI... now after some moe digging I find that I can buy one from DJI online store...(maybe the online chat people need some form of training)? as some of them clearly don't know what they are talking about.

But this is for the X5 or X5R not the X5S correct?
2017-3-13
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-3-13 18:13
But this is for the X5 or X5R not the X5S correct?

I was asking them about the X5 (not the X5S) as I was planning on using one of the X5 camera/gimbals from my Inspire 1 that I don't use anymore.
2017-3-13
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-13 20:17
I was asking them about the X5 (not the X5S) as I was planning on using one of the X5 camera/gimbals from my Inspire 1 that I don't use anymore.

Understood ... the X5S does all of its photo processing inside the Inspire 2 instead of the gimbal.  Therefore the OSMO for the X5S will require a different handle.  As per DJI, this is in development and hopefully we will see this sooner then later.
2017-3-14
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-3-14 02:16
Understood ... the X5S does all of its photo processing inside the Inspire 2 instead of the gimbal.  Therefore the OSMO for the X5S will require a different handle.  As per DJI, this is in development and hopefully we will see this sooner then later.

Hi Rich,
I know DJI has the new OSMO (mount3) in the pipeline my question to myself is do I bite the bullet and get the X5 adapter or now wait for the New "X5S OSMO"
Karl

X4S & X5S OSMO

X4S & X5S OSMO
2017-3-14
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-14 06:26
Hi Rich,
I know DJI has the new OSMO (mount3) in the pipeline my question to myself is do I bite the bullet and get the X5 adapter or now wait for the New "X5S OSMO"
Karl

Hey Karl .... where did you see this clip.  That is awesome because it pretty much confirms something is in the works.  I don't own an X5 Camera.  I only have the X3 (use with my OSMO) and the X5S (use with my inspire 2).  Really hoping for the handle for the X5S.  
2017-3-14
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-3-14 08:13
Hey Karl .... where did you see this clip.  That is awesome because it pretty much confirms something is in the works.  I don't own an X5 Camera.  I only have the X3 (use with my OSMO) and the X5S (use with my inspire 2).  Really hoping for the handle for the X5S.

Hi Rich,
It was on the main Inspire 2 web page but was taken down a few days after I did the screen grab.

I got money in my pocket to burn on the new OSMO if it is going to be soon. If not I'll just have to get the X5 adapter and forget about any upgrade soon.
Karl
2017-3-14
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-14 08:54
Hi Rich,
It was on the main Inspire 2 web page but was taken down a few days after I did the screen grab.

Good feedback Karl ... thank you very much sir.
2017-3-14
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-3-14 10:39
Good feedback Karl ... thank you very much sir.

Happy to pass on the little that I know.
Karl
2017-3-14
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Paul Nordin Posted at 2017-3-12 15:23

Okay the NAB Show is going on right now.  Has anyone heard of an OSMO for the X5S Camera being announced there?  If not, does anyone have any status on DJI supporting the X5S Camera in a new OSMO handle?
2017-4-23
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-4-23 02:57
Okay the NAB Show is going on right now.  Has anyone heard of an OSMO for the X5S Camera being announced there?  If not, does anyone have any status on DJI supporting the X5S Camera in a new OSMO handle?

Everything I have heard from NAB Show there was no mention of X5S Support for a new OSMO Handle.  Anymore insight on when DJI will be developing such a device?
2017-4-27
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-14 06:26
Hi Rich,
Karl

Any more information on this new handle coming out for the X5S Support?
2017-5-3
Use props
Vida Vista
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone have any word on when the new handle will be available?
2017-6-4
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The only thing I have heard is it coming soon.  When asked if we would see it by Christmas I heard back from DJI that it will be sooner.  How much sooner nobody will say.
2017-6-16
Use props
IDEAFILMS
lvl.2
United States

im getting burnt out of this Osmo X5 and connecting it to the iPhone for a screen... can dji please make the new dji x5s osmo with a built in screen that can film in the day time with it out being all hard too see. I made a lot of films with this Osmo but damn drop the new one already.
2017-6-16
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

IDEAFILMS Posted at 2017-6-16 16:03
im getting burnt out of this Osmo X5 and connecting it to the iPhone for a screen... can dji please make the new dji x5s osmo with a built in screen that can film in the day time with it out being all hard too see. I made a lot of films with this Osmo but damn drop the new one already.

I thought the OSMO was supposed to be compatible with the CRYSTALSKY Monitor (when ever that becomes available) ... might be a good option for you.
2017-6-16
Use props
lmc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 928842 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

After Sell my gopro and Return the osmo v1 to buy the x4s osmo i'm getting upset with this delay. Is It Comming for my Summer hollidays?
2017-6-17
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lmc Posted at 2017-6-17 01:35
After Sell my gopro and Return the osmo v1 to buy the x4s osmo i'm getting upset with this delay. Is It Comming for my Summer hollidays?

I feel your pain.  All I have been hearing a new handle that will be compatible with the X4S and X5S is coming out sooner then the Christmas Holidays.  How much sooner I have no idea.
2017-6-21
Use props
fansca2801f6
New
Italy

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-6-21 01:55
I feel your pain.  All I have been hearing a new handle that will be compatible with the X4S and X5S is coming out sooner then the Christmas Holidays.  How much sooner I have no idea.

Hi Rich
I want to buy an X5S and do the same as you, did you find any new info about the Osmo compatibility/new release?

Thanks
2017-6-23
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello Fansca!

There will be a new osmo handle for the X5S Camera.  It is not compatible with the current osmo handle.  Availability: I heard from DJI that it is definitely in the works.  When I asked if we will see it by Christmas Time ... and I was told no .... sooner then that.  I know nothing more then that though.  If you don't already own an X5S Camera,  I believe you are in a better position then those of us that already own an X5S.  My gut feeling is we will see an X5S/X4S osmo combo before we see an X5S/X4S osmo handle.  I'm afraid the handle will not be available until several months after a X5S/X4S osmo combo is announced.  But this is only my opinion.

Rich
2017-6-23
Use props
Motiontography
New

United States

Would my current Apple ProRes and CinemaDNG licenses work on the new handheld device for the x5s,  or would we need a separate license for the handheld ?
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Motiontography Posted at 2017-6-26 05:44
Would my current Apple ProRes and CinemaDNG licenses work on the new handheld device for the x5s,  or would we need a separate license for the handheld ?

License key is associated with Cinecore serial number of the drone rather than camera, so I'm afraid it won't be effective on another handle, besides,  X5S is not compatible with Osmo handle.
2017-6-27
Use props
Turbo Heart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I held off on buying a Inspire 2 until there is a handle available for the X5S =D

So if the handle for the X5S is in production, I am going to start getting my Inspire 1 ready for sale.
2017-7-5
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is there a release date yet? Or a photo of the new handle? Where's the rumours at....
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dopey-tree Posted at 2017-7-6 10:09
Is there a release date yet? Or a photo of the new handle? Where's the rumours at....

We are sorry that we don't have this information either, please pay attention to our website, thanks.
2017-7-7
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Turbo Heart Posted at 2017-7-5 05:37
I held off on buying a Inspire 2 until there is a handle available for the X5S =D

So if the handle for the X5S is in production, I am going to start getting my Inspire 1 ready for sale.

I made the leap from Inspire 1 to Inspire 2.  No regrets.  I continue to impatiently wait for the new OSMO Handle to support X5S.
2017-7-7
Use props
maddi
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-7 03:02
We are sorry that we don't have this information either, please pay attention to our website, thanks.

Hi,

Not less important... what about...

- a compatible z-axis?
- a compatible helmet mount?

And how will dng and prores licenses be handled when using a single x5s with inspire 2 and/or osmo. Please, don't persist on paying for them twice ;-).

Thanks for any information
2017-7-12
Use props
kerofai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1446329 ft
United Kingdom

I believe the DJI Zenmuse X5S Osmo (Mount 3) will be released in October 2017 because:

1. "FAQ 3. Can I use the Zenmuse X5S separately as a stand-alone camera? No. The Zenmuse X5S must be used with the Inspire 2. It will be supported on additional products in future."
2. Osmo Pro Combo is discontinued to retailers.
3. Previous Osmo release was October.
2017-8-7
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

kerofai Posted at 2017-8-7 11:20
I believe the DJI Zenmuse X5S Osmo (Mount 3) will be released in October 2017 because:

1. "FAQ 3. Can I use the Zenmuse X5S separately as a stand-alone camera? No. The Zenmuse X5S must be used with the Inspire 2. It will be supported on additional products in future."

This would be amazing news.  I hope you are right.  Those of us with the X5S and X4S Cameras have been patiently waiting for a new handle
2017-8-7
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

kerofai Posted at 2017-8-7 11:20

This would be amazing news.  I hope you are right.  Those of us with the X5S and X4S Cameras have been patiently waiting for a new handle.
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-8-7 22:50
This would be amazing news.  I hope you are right.  Those of us with the X5S and X4S Cameras have been patiently waiting for a new handle

That is hard to say, please pay attention to our website for future release.
2017-8-8
Use props
djiuser_3uEQpLP
New

United States

Wow, I just learned about the X5S and it's such an amazing camera! I don't understand why DJI hasn't made it available to use outside of the Inspire 2 yet! It's even better than any of Blackmagic's cameras. If there were a handle or some sort of ground mount for this camera, I would buy it in a heartbeat! (In addition to the Inspire 2 of course, because it's an amazing drone!)
2017-8-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules