Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crashed while flying indoor
1132 12 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stiros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115837 ft
Latvia

I’ve met some diffuculties with my Mavic Pro while flying indoor.
It is very difficult to control it, but it is not the worst thing. Two times it crashed in the wall behind it. It began flying backwards first time very slow, and i was unable to control it to move forward. (it was in the office). And second time it was pretty fast and also i was unable to control it.

What can be the reason?

IMG_3823.JPG
IMG_3824.PNG
IMG_3825.PNG
2017-3-4
Use props
stiros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115837 ft
Latvia

sorry for pictures, they are not for this post. Don't know how to remove them.
2017-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

stiros Posted at 2017-3-4 02:23
sorry for pictures, they are not for this post. Don't know how to remove them.

Sorry to hear of your crash.

First flying indoors is not an easy exercise and requires a certain amount of skill and set up.

First I would recommend if you are a new flyer you don't try flying indoors until you master outdoor flying.
To fly indoors you need to be in opti mode, if you have some gps your aircraft is likely to change from gps to Atti thus making it very difficult to control especially in small spaces, to fly in opti mode you need plenty of light a floor surface that has plenty of texture so VPS can recognise and keeps your aircraft stable.
You need to change your RTH setting to hover, or you risk the AIrcraft trying to reach its RTH height and crashing into the ceiling if you loose signal.

I'm assuming you are new to flying or at least the Mavic, if you read the Manual it clearly tells you to fly in open spaces.
If you do this for a while to hone your flying skills and get to know and understand how Your aircraft it won't be long before you can fly with caution indoors.
So keep reading the Manual, watch all the tutorials plenty on this forum and you tube, and most of all have fun and enjoy.
If you can put up your flight where you crashed then maybe someone here can tell you what exactly went wrong..

Good Luck
2017-3-4
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

You asked for the reason why your aircraft crashed into the wall. The answer is: aero dynamics.

The aircraft pushes down a lot of air down to the ground in all directions around the aircraft. When it comes closer to the wall, the air flow is blocked towards the wall and the air moves away from that wall. This leads to a situation where more and more air is pushed to the opposite side of the wall. The problem simply is, that this air pushes back and move the aircraft towards the wall.

This image shows the air flow for a helicopter:

2017-3-4
Use props
Aaticri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213022 ft
United Kingdom

I had issues indoors due to the obstacle avoidance being on as it wants to avoid close things and will not let you move the way you may want to
2017-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aaticri Posted at 2017-3-4 04:55
I had issues indoors due to the obstacle avoidance being on as it wants to avoid close things and will not let you move the way you may want to

You can turn it off but keep VPS on..
2017-3-4
Use props
Aaticri
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I was OK but it was close. After turning it off the mavic was fine indoors
2017-3-4
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aaticri Posted at 2017-3-4 04:55

This is the main problem, also it won't be able to get adequate GPS - so relies on a patterned surface below, needs good light too.
A plain floor won't work well at all.
2017-3-4
Use props
Aaticri
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Also for the opti to work you need good light for it to track it's position
2017-3-4
Use props
Aaticri
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Some have said even a torch can on the floor can help
2017-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aaticri Posted at 2017-3-4 08:57
Some have said even a torch can on the floor can help

I think if your serious about it , you need really good light and a decent textured floor..

If you think a torch is going to keep you and your Mavic safe, think again..
2017-3-4
Use props
Aaticri
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-4 09:15
I think if your serious about it , you need really good light and a decent textured floor..

If you think a torch is going to keep you and your Mavic safe, think again..

I definitely wouldn't recommend a torch
2017-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aaticri Posted at 2017-3-4 13:02
I definitely wouldn't recommend a torch

Think that makes sense, although I'm sure there are some who will try.
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules