Screen Freezing - <3 RTH
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TeaMdRuIm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38986 ft
Sweden

Hi Pilots,

I was flying a few hours ago and when I clicked the record button the screen froze. I closed the app, opened again and it was still frozen. I clicked the return to home and was scared if it even worked(since the last accident). The controller indicated a good signal but was afraid that it was also somehow frozen(paniced a bit). Well RTH made it come back. But as you see on the screenshot the screen is stil frozen eventhough I stand with the drone in my hands(which is why it says im close to an obstacle). I was able to control the drone while the screen was frozen.

Have anyone else experienced this before? I restarted everything and it was working fine afterwards. But it's a bit scary in my opinion.

Best Regards,

IMG_8412.PNG.png
2017-3-4
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

Make sure all programs are closed down prior to starting DJI go to minimize the chance of a conflict. Also good idea to do a hard shutdown on your iPhone to clear memory. Hold down the round button and the power off button at the same time until the apple appears. And yes, there have been reports of lock ups. Research these forums. If you turn off your phone you still have total control of the AC so no worries. You just won't be able to fly FPV.
2017-3-4
Use props
TeaMdRuIm
lvl.2
Sweden

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-3-4 05:45
Make sure all programs are closed down prior to starting DJI go to minimize the chance of a conflict. Also good idea to do a hard shutdown on your iPhone to clear memory. Hold down the round button and the power off button at the same time until the apple appears. And yes, there have been reports of lock ups. Research these forums. If you turn off your phone you still have total control of the AC so no worries. You just won't be able to fly FPV.

Okay, perfect. Thanks a lot. Just posting for DJI to know about the errors, so the software can be more reliable for all of us

Have a nice day.
2017-3-4
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TeaMdRuIm Posted at 2017-3-4 06:07
Okay, perfect. Thanks a lot. Just posting for DJI to know about the errors, so the software can be more reliable for all of us

Have a nice day.

It would help if you give more details about your issue before claiming it is a software problems.
What phone system? , what version? what FW version on AC/RC etc...
2017-3-4
Use props
TeaMdRuIm
lvl.2
Denmark

dronist Posted at 2017-3-4 10:59
It would help if you give more details about your issue before claiming it is a software problems.
What phone system? , what version? what FW version on AC/RC etc...

It was on iphone SE newest software on every unit
2017-3-5
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Just wondering. You lost your drone in the water. Received a 100% off voucher 2 days ago and day ago you were already flying? How did you get your new drone that fast?

Edit: oh you had already bought a new one. Damn
2017-3-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TeaMdRuIm Posted at 2017-3-5 02:51
It was on iphone SE newest software on every unit

Just a reminder that you can control your MP even if the phone is out. The name of the game DO NOT PANIC! Always keep the MP in LOS.

Since it is a new IPhone model I don't know if that has to do something with it. I would force close all APPS, keep flying low, keep in LOS and in OPEN SPACE until you make sure you don't have any more issues.

Good Luck!
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules