mavic unstable and drifting on its own, whats wrong ?
3762 13 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
networth
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
India

Im using my mavic for 3 months now, its killer and super stable.

Im on .400 firmware.

I had not used it for last 11 days, as I was away. Just fired it up and I see two very weird things, for the first time.

1. The mavic is not stable, its moving left right front back on its own. Dont know, whats wrong.

Earlier, if I dont have the sticks touched, its simply used to be super 100% stable in the air, no matter what air.

Even im on a calm now today morning, it was moving here and there slowly, even without any sticks.

Earlier, I used to find this behavior, when I used to have VPS sensors off. But today, I checked VPS is even on, still its very unstable.

2. Earlier, when I engage the sticks up down for both left and right, the mavic used to fly front back very very fast and go up down very very fast. But today, it was like going in tripod mode.

WTH!

Even Im on normal mode, not even any tripod mode or whatsoever.

Also, im not on beginner mode.

Whats wrong ?

Whats to be done ?

shall I upgrade to latest .500 firmware and then reset all settings and calibrate again on DJI assistant 2 and again try ?

And shall I upload the video to show, what it was reacting ?

2017-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you checked status of your IMU in the app.
2017-3-4
Use props
DrONE.1
New

Japan

I updated to the recent firmware. Since then my setting keep changing by themselves. Started to get some small drifting but it became unstable. I then reset everything and calibrated again.  It didn't help. Drifting got so bad the drone crashed seconds after take off. If anyone has any constructive ideas or possible solutions please.
IMU, Compass, RC and Telephone all appear to be healthy and normal.
2017-3-4
Use props
jpno1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152057 ft
New Zealand

sure you need to update to .500 firmware.  400 firmware is the most unstable one.
2017-3-4
Use props
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

Also got this problem after updating to latest firmware. Also the picture is a lot darker, what is going on here?
2017-3-4
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

.400 seemed to have reset the VPS calibration.  After calibrating the cameras in DJI Assistant, it hovers rock steady within VPS range of the ground.  Also with .400, the Precision Landing toggle kept turning off.  FIRMWARE .500 fixed that, is more stable, and crushed a few other bugs.  It's killer & they fixed the gimbal calibration (not that I had big issues with that prior).
2017-3-4
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

SwedishDrone Posted at 2017-3-4 08:15
Also got this problem after updating to latest firmware. Also the picture is a lot darker, what is going on here?

It seems to take the Auto Exposure from lower on the screen now, so it seems.  I noticed an overall darker image output, as well.  Adjusted my settings to D-Log & "Standard" (000) in Style.  Less to mess with in post.
2017-3-4
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Update and do cold IMU, GIMBAL and camera calib.
2017-3-4
Use props
networth
Second Officer
  • >>>
India

Cold IMU calibration ?
How is that different ?

BTW, my IMU, compass, everything looks green
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

networth Posted at 2017-3-5 04:30
Cold IMU calibration ?
How is that different ?

Could you please clarify were you flying indoors or outdoors?
Please try to update the firmware then do the IMU calibration when the aircraft is cool down and test again.
If the issue persists, please let us know.
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DrONE.1 Posted at 2017-3-4 07:38
I updated to the recent firmware. Since then my setting keep changing by themselves. Started to get some small drifting but it became unstable. I then reset everything and calibrated again.  It didn't help. Drifting got so bad the drone crashed seconds after take off. If anyone has any constructive ideas or possible solutions please.
IMU, Compass, RC and Telephone all appear to be healthy and normal.

Sorry for your crash. Were you flying indoors or outdoors?
For your flight safety, I'd suggest you to send it in for further diagnosis.
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SwedishDrone Posted at 2017-3-4 08:15

Please try to reset camera settings and take some pictures again to see if it's the same or not.
2017-3-5
Use props
networth
Second Officer
  • >>>
India

I have refreshed the firmware and it fixed the unstable thing and drifting issue.
Now, I have a new issue.

Im unable to calibrate my vision sensors.
Forward sensors complete, but downward sensors screen, hangs.
It either disconnects the mavic with red MC output icon.
or else, the calibration gets over, but the screen gets stuck at calibration info collected, please wait.......
that screen is hanged forever.

what to do now ?
2017-3-6
Use props
Pacinamac
lvl.1

Singapore

Same issue... with latest firmware my Mavic 3 is wildly unstable when hovering, making it largely unusable for stable shots, even when flying straight ahead it begins to drift upwards.
2021-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules