Should I update to the new firmware iPhone 5c
855 4 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1bf49468
New
United States

Hi all, I have an older iPhone 5c which means its running on the A6 32 bit processor. Reading posts about DGI GO 4 app I have learned that GO 4 was written for the newer A7 64 bit processor.  With this in mind I haven’t updated to the DJI GO 4 app and am still using DJI GO 3.1.5 and my Mavic/Controller firmware version is 01.03.0300. I’m not having any issues at this time, have never had the disconnect problem that I hear so much of. There are some lag issues with the video but other than that things are working fine. Not to mention running the old 3.1.5 lets me continue to use google maps.

On to my question, with the new Mavic firmware updates released recently I’m reluctant to update the firmware and was hoping to get some input from the group. Does anyone see any problems updating the Mavic firmware knowing that I’m going to continue to use the older DJI GO app running on a 32 bit processor.

Thanks in advance for your inputs, Dave

2017-3-4
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

swappa.com
2017-3-4
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You won't know until you try it on your phone then if doens't work follow Drone-lies-you advice and spwap it!
2017-3-4
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I upgraded to the iPhone 7 from my iPhone 5 when I ordered my Mavic because I saw the 5 wasn't supported, and figured a larger screen (which I had hitherto been resisting) would make sense for drone use.

I know some of the Android users of Go 3.x have been left in the cold with recent firmware updates that locked out the old app, so I'd say the writing is on the wall and you should seriously start considering a newer device if you want to take advantage of any of the new features and fixes in firmware. Hope this helps.

Also, iOS Go 4 uses Apple maps, which have been working great for me.

2017-3-4
Use props
fans1bf49468
New
United States

An iPad Mini 4 is defiantly in my future.  I’ve read rumors that at the end of March Apple may be releasing a new version of the iPad mini so I’m holding off on getting one hoping the price’s will drop on the old ones.
I would just update my phone to a more current one but it’s a freebie that my work gives me.  I would just drop this phone off the dock and tell my boss to get me a new one. But I know for a fact he has a half a dozen of the 5c phones in his desk drawer already active.  
For now since I’m not having any issues I guess I’ll hold off on the update.  I do 95 percent of my flying over the water and the last thing I want are unexpected features.
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules