OSD on FPV monitor is cut
1834 4 2015-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mike.hamel
lvl.1

Germany

I have attached a FPV monitor to the HDMI output on the second remote control. The OSD is cut.
Anybody having the same problem. I am using a Black Pearl Monitor. Thanks for any help.
2015-2-23
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mike have you tried connecting a tablet to the second controller and selecting osd output over hdmi via the pilot app. Then you may be able to remove the tablet  from the second controller and view osd over hdmi on the black pearl. I don't have the equipment to try it at present but its worth a try. Basically You may have to programme the second controller to do this aswell as the main controller.  
2015-2-23
Use props
mike.hamel
lvl.1

Germany

Dave E Posted at 2015-2-24 04:31
Mike have you tried connecting a tablet to the second controller and selecting osd output over hdmi  ...

Thanks Dave. You need the tablet also on the second controller. Otherwise the slave. controller can not link to the master controller
2015-2-24
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

mike.hamel@plan Posted at 2015-2-25 04:13
Thanks Dave. You need the tablet also on the second controller. Otherwise the slave. controller ca ...

Actually.. Not the case.. You can have just the monitor and no tablet.... I have tried it myself.. Were you able to figure out your issue to the OSD telemetry being cut off? I am having the same issue myself..
2015-4-5
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

mike.hamel@plan Posted at 2015-2-25 04:13
Thanks Dave. You need the tablet also on the second controller. Otherwise the slave. controller ca ...

Funny thing is that the problem was not there before... It just started happening...though I can reset video modes.... I dont know how to do a hard reset (not in manual)... im wondering how I can do this on the monitor and see if that helps... I tried the image on both the main and slave rc.

UPDATE: Just figured it out... Turn on the remote..Let it initialize for at least 20 seconds (maybe less.. but just to make sure) with the HDMI Cable already in there but not hooked up to the Monitor. After the 15 to 20 secs have passed, plug in HDMI to the monitor... now... (this is where I think is the main cause to  the issue (press and hold ONCE not twice... like the Inspire... lol!)... I caught myself turning it on like the Inspire.. (by press/release and then press and hold a escond time)...

Im not quite sure what this does...Im not even sure what the EXACT cause is....as  it seems a compound reason: I think it is the Remote not having initialized all the way.. and the way we are turning on the Monitor... (sequence of actions)

so... wait longer to allow RC to fully initialize then connect to Monitor... then turn ON monitor by pressing ONCE and holding..

I can replicate issue...but I can also consistenly get the full (not cut off OSD) so hopefully this fixes it for you...

2015-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules