Mavic Bitrate
8242 5 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D.Walls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4908 ft
Spain

Hi. I've noticed that 2.7k footage on the Mavic has 45Mbps bitrate, while 4k has 60Mbps. Could we get 2.7k at 60Mbps or is this limited by the sensor? It would be nice specially to reduce banding in the sky and to correct color in post.
Captura de pantalla (2).png
2017-3-4
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Interesting, watched a long youtube video yesterday saying you should record in a lower resolution to get more data in your video stream (2.7k at 60mbps vs 4k at 60mbps), but this proves that is wrong.
2017-3-4
Use props
Seamless Media
lvl.1
United States

Would really love to see a bump in bitrate across the board, I wonder if there is any real hardware limitation in the Mavic preventing 100-150 Mbps, or if they have the bitrate artificially limited to preserve their upmarket sales on phantom 4 pro / Inspire. At the very least 60Mbps should be available/used in all resolutions so we can make a choice to compromise resolution for less compression.
2017-3-5
Use props
D.Walls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4908 ft
Spain

Seamless Media Posted at 2017-3-5 23:17
Would really love to see a bump in bitrate across the board, I wonder if there is any real hardware limitation in the Mavic preventing 100-150 Mbps, or if they have the bitrate artificially limited to preserve their upmarket sales on phantom 4 pro / Inspire. At the very least 60Mbps should be available/used in all resolutions so we can make a choice to compromise resolution for less compression.

That's right, 60Mbps is a low bitrate for 4k if you are planning to do some color correction, but for 2.7k that bitrate is ok, but it's 45Mbps so we have the same problem again. And I have not tested it but I'm sure that 1080P 30fps is like 30Mbps or so.
2017-3-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seamless Media Posted at 2017-3-5 23:17

It's a hardware issue, nothing can be done to change this but in a few years quad footage will surely blow everyone away.
2017-3-10
Use props
fans0f663ef1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355689 ft
Canada

It would be great if dji would update the firmware to allow for 2.7k and 2k footage to be shot at 60 mbps. Something as simple as a high quality / low quality setting for those two modes. There are a lot of people that are asking for this.
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules