2603 10 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ba$h
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356860 ft
Netherlands

Dear Phantom 4 pilots,

I have a question regarding the use of the charging hub. I fly with a Phantom 4 pro and i have two types of batteries. I own 3 DJI Phantom 4 5350MAH batteries and 1 DJI Phantom 4 5870MAH battery. Now i'm wondering if i can put a combination of 2 5350MAH and 1 5870MAH battery on the battery charging hub without causing any harm to the batteries. I can't find the awnser to this specific question. I have read in the manual of the charging hub that it would only work with the 5350MAH batteries.

Is there someone here on the forum that can help me with this question?

Kind regards,

Bas from Holland

2017-3-4
Use props
Quamera
lvl.2
Australia

The battery microprocessor monitors the 4 individual cell voltages and mA inputs for each battery as it charges. Because of that it doesn't matter if the batteries have different capacities they will all be charged correctly.
2017-3-4
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I do it all the times with no problems.
2017-3-4
Use props
Ba$h
lvl.2
Netherlands

@Quamera thanks for the quick response
2017-3-5
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

I am using one P4P and two P4 batteries. I charge them with the hub all the same time with no problems, it works just fine!
Enjoy your flights!
2017-3-5
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

Just to give you reassurance of another user's experience charging 3 batteries of different mA...you should be fine!
The high capacity batteries are still doing great even after charging multiple times with the "normal" P4 batteries
2017-3-5
Use props
Ba$h
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks you all, for responses. This has reassured me
2017-3-6
Use props
rodrigo linkweb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2217487 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Wowww thanks!!
2017-3-10
Use props
fansf207518a
New
Flight distance : 59931 ft
Philippines

I bought a smatree phantom 4 battery hub.... my two phantom for battery fits.. but not the pro.. wonder why? anyway I ordered the original dji hub.. so by the sounds of CYFA, it fits.. Sorry for Hijacking your post Ba$h...
2017-3-25
Use props
Aussie4220
Second Officer
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

As long as the batteries fit correctly on the charging hub, you should have no issues, the hub will treat the batteries separately with regard to charging
2017-3-26
Use props
thesinfull1
New
Flight distance : 27661 ft
Uzbekistan

Phantom 4 Series - Battery Charging Hub Not Working

I had to send my phantom pro 4 back to dji for repair/replacement so while waiting for it's return, I swapped the charging hub to "storage". I thought this was what I should do instead of allowing my other 2 batteries stay charged or allow them to completely discharge. I received my new drone, swapped the charging hub back to "charge" setting, but unforfunately they batteried will not charge. Am I doing something wrong? The indicating lights stay at yellow never giving an indication that they are charging and when I try powering up the batteries, they just turn themselves back off.

2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules