Controller won't fully charge
3760 21 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

my controller will only charge to 75%, the charging lights go out as if it's fully charged but it's not. if I plug it back in it will start charging again but still not fully charge.
can't leave it on to flatten the battery because it turns off, any thoughts.

2017-3-4
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, it could be a fault with one of the internal battery cells, if it is at 75% now, you will have to operate the drone to get the controller battery down in percentage as much as you can then try to recharge it.
If it drops voltage quickly in your controller you most likely have a faulty cell in your controller.
2017-3-4
Use props
Quamera
lvl.2
Australia

Mic did you post this twice, I'm sure I replied to it hours ago but my reply doesn't appear here.

Anyway you should fly it while keeping a close watch on your remaining controller battery %. If you drop below 50% from 75% in one flight you have a battery problem, most likely one cell has failed. If it holds above 50% then it is more likely a charging monitor problem in your controller. Either way it is a warranty claim, either to DJI or your friendly retailer. Good luck
2017-3-4
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

Quamera Posted at 2017-3-4 20:56
Mic did you post this twice, I'm sure I replied to it hours ago but my reply doesn't appear here.

Anyway you should fly it while keeping a close watch on your remaining controller battery %. If you drop below 50% from 75% in one flight you have a battery problem, most likely one cell has failed. If it holds above 50% then it is more likely a charging monitor problem in your controller. Either way it is a warranty claim, either to DJI or your friendly retailer. Good luck

I did because it applies to the controller n not drone but I might remove it from general, thanks for your reply twice
2017-3-4
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

Ok so I flew the drone for one battery and the controller is already down to 10% from 75% so it looks like a warranty job.  I hope they don't want me to send the drone as well because after reading some of the stories about receiving a different drone I don't want to chance it even though they are not doing anything to the drone. Mine works perfect after nearly 200 flights so I don't want someone else's problem.
2017-3-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about that, may I know how long you've owned it? You purchased it from an authorized dealer or from DJI online store?
Please feel free to contact our tech support via support@dji.com for help.
2017-3-6
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-6 00:29
Sorry to hear about that, may I know how long you've owned it? You purchased it from an authorized dealer or from DJI online store?
Please feel free to contact our tech support via  for help.

Hi Natalie I purchased it about 6 months ago through www.camerasky.com.au. I contacted support and gave them the details they requested but I'm still waiting to here back from them.  This is the request No. #453124
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-8 04:04
Hi Natalie I purchased it about 6 months ago through www.camerasky.com.au. I contacted support and gave them the details they requested but I'm still waiting to here back from them.  This is the request No. #453124

Your case has been escalated, will help you take care of it soon.
2017-3-8
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

Hi Natalie thanks for your help. Can you please explain to me why I have to send my controller back to Hong Kong to get it repaired under warranty and why I would have to pay for it if it was sent to the Australian
Service centre. Below is what I was sent.

"Dear Mick ,
Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay.

We would like to arrange repair service for you. But checking the serial number provided, this product was purchased from our dealer in Singapore。
According to our warranty policy, we do not offer global warranty. So here are two options.

1. Claim warranty repair. We need to send it to our HK office to do warranty repair.
2. Non-warranty repair. We can arrange a local repair with our local service center in Australia.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!
Best Regards
DJI Technical Support"
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-9 04:21
Hi Natalie thanks for your help. Can you please explain to me why I have to send my controller back to Hong Kong to get it repaired under warranty and why I would have to pay for it if it was sent to the Australian
Service centre. Below is what I was sent.

Please click on "Reply" button here so we can get a remind, thank you so much.
Sorry for the situation you're faced with, as mentioned in the e-mail, we do not provide the international warranty, for more information, please visit here: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
Int.png
2017-3-15
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-15 03:04
Please click on "Reply" button here so we can get a remind, thank you so much.
Sorry for the situation you're faced with, as mentioned in the e-mail, we do not provide the international warranty, for more information, please visit here: http://www.dji.com/service/policy

Hi Natalia, I purchased my drone from an Australian company on their Australian websites. So it was purchased in Australia, so according to what you highlighted I should be able to get it repaired under warranty in your DJI service centre here.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-15 04:14
Hi Natalia, I purchased my drone from an Australian company on their Australian websites. So it was purchased in Australia, so according to what you highlighted I should be able to get it repaired under warranty in your DJI service centre here.

We sympathize with your frustration.
But we checked your aircraft SN, which was from a dealer in SG, it's not AU version ( Camerasky is not an authorized AU local dealer), that was the reason why it's not covered by warranty in AU service center, if you want to get it repaired in AU service center, you need pay for the repair cost.
In that case, we would recommend you to contact Camerasky to see if they could help you handle it.
2017-3-15
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-15 18:16
We sympathize with your frustration.
But we checked your aircraft SN, which was from a dealer in SG, it's not AU version ( Camerasky is not an authorized AU local dealer), that was the reason why it's not covered by warranty in AU service center, if you want to get it repaired in AU service center, you need pay for the repair cost.
In that case, we would recommend you to contact Camerasky to see if they could help you handle it.

Hi Natalia, I have contacted them and I 'm waiting to hear back.

Thanks
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-15 20:16
Hi Natalia, I have contacted them and I 'm waiting to hear back.

Thanks

No problem, hope everything goes smoothly.
2017-3-16
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-16 01:05

Hi Natalia, I had a problem in the past and my drone was picked up and sent to Melbourne Australia for repair under warranty and then sent back. I end up having to pay for repairs as it was deemed not a warranty issue, so why is that not the case this time. It's clearly a warranty issue and there are lots of people on this forum with the same problem.
Last time support sent it to Melbourne to see if it was a warranty issue, this time they want me to send it to Hong Kong. It's the same drone and controller.  
2017-3-16
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-16 01:05

Hi Natalia this is my repair history, as I stated above it was sent to Melbourne Australia under warranty but deamed not to be a warranty issue. Why can't it go there under warranty this time as well.
IMG_2249.PNG
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-16 03:48
Hi Natalia this is my repair history, as I stated above it was sent to Melbourne Australia under warranty but deamed not to be a warranty issue. Why can't it go there under warranty this time as well.

I checked the information for this case in our system, it was an chargeable service since there was no international warranty.
If you need send it in the service center in AU to get your controller fixed this time, we can help you create a case and arrange a local repair, while you need pay for the repair cost.
2017-3-16
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-16 04:34
I checked the information for this case in our system, it was an chargeable service since there was no international warranty.
If you need send it in the service center in AU to get your controller fixed this time, we can help you create a case and arrange a local repair, while you need pay for the repair cost.

Hi Natalia, I have contacted camerasky where I purchased it from and even though their website claims to have Australian warranty, they said if it's a battery problem I will have to pay. I definitely won't be dealing with them again. I'm feeling really screwed over hear, not happy at all. I have contacted support to arrange for it to be sent back to Hong Kong but for repair under warranty. So does that mean I will have to pay for postage even though there are a lot of people having the same problem which only happened after a recent firmware update.
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-17 00:46
Hi Natalia, I have contacted camerasky where I purchased it from and even though their website claims to have Australian warranty, they said if it's a battery problem I will have to pay. I definitely won't be dealing with them again. I'm feeling really screwed over hear, not happy at all. I have contacted support to arrange for it to be sent back to Hong Kong but for repair under warranty. So does that mean I will have to pay for postage even though there are a lot of people having the same problem which only happened after a recent firmware update.

Sorry for the pain you’ve been caused.
Yes, you need pay for shipping costs when sending it in for repair. S.png
2017-3-17
Use props
robbie27
New

United States

yes, its could be a fault with one of the internal battery cells
2017-3-17
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

Finally, not sure how they're go to fly my controller but what ever works.
Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 5.11.11 pm.png
2017-4-4
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

At first, I thought it was the battery. I took off the battery from rc and found that the rc battery was 11.3 v.. So, the problem was the rc firmware which showed only 3 LED when it was fully charged.
2017-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules