Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Main Controller Data Error
7558 14 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeb Smith
lvl.1

United States

So after the newest firmware update, I am now getting MC data error all the time.  Re-installing the firmware gets rid of it for a few few minutes but then it comes back.  Also... My gimbal is making the craziest noise on start up now.  Any advice?  
2017-3-4
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Can i suggest you use the option in Assistant 2 to RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS that is listed under the firmware you installed. Then do another firmware update. Maybe worth doing a reboot on the R/C? Reason i mention is that some of the settings are stored inside the A/C so when you load the firmware some will be factory standard but the R/C will check in the A/C and download to the R/C and DJI GO 4.
So to stop all this happening please try. It worked for me as when i was starting up my I2 it had no images on my X4S it would come back if i touched the camera and rotated a few degrees. But after short time go away. So i followed the steps above and now all okay...  
2017-3-4
Use props
Jeb Smith
lvl.1

United States

I tried exactly what you suggested.  Still bad.  Same error.
2017-3-4
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

did you reboot the R/C?

press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go) You will now need to attach to your mobile with internet connection and see if it needs a firmware update, if so do it. then use DJI GO 4 to reconnect to your I2

worth a try??
2017-3-4
Use props
Jeb Smith
lvl.1

United States

I tried that.  Nothing happened.  No prompts or firmware notifications.
2017-3-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would suggest a IMU calibration followed IMMEDIATLY with a Camera GimbalCalibration ,  make sure on a flat , level surface and do not disturb it till finished.  

I have seen this on the Inspire 1 , and this solves , it.  Not positive on the 2 but can't hurt .

donnie
2017-3-5
Use props
Jeb Smith
lvl.1

United States

trying that now donnie
2017-3-5
Use props
Jeb Smith
lvl.1

United States

Donnie.  I followed your steps and still get the Controller Data recorder error.
2017-3-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Jeb Smith Posted at 2017-3-5 08:18
Donnie.  I followed your steps and still get the Controller Data recorder error.

Sorry Jeb, really though that was going to be the ticket, maybe something is indeed wrong with the data  controller, maybe you can get more input on Monday from some of the DJI  folks.

sorry

donnie
2017-3-5
Use props
Jeb Smith
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-5 12:02
Sorry Jeb, really though that was going to be the ticket, maybe something is indeed wrong with the data  controller, maybe you can get more input on Monday from some of the DJI  folks.

sorry

Thanks man.  Hopefully they have a magic solution and I don't have to send it in.  
2017-3-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Jeb Smith Posted at 2017-3-5 12:02
Thanks man.  Hopefully they have a magic solution and I don't have to send it in.

Did you happen to just try to rollback the FW and see if it goes away ?  It may be something in the update, If so others will find it as well. ***You can rollback to the previous Fw in Order....but just one .

***UPDATE : YOU CANNOT ROLLBACK THE FIRMWARE ON THE INSPIRE 2.  I apologize for the mix up on my part, You can rollback one on  the Inspire 1 but not the Inspire 2 , thanks for the kind reference  tome by Dr Jon.

donnie
2017-3-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Jeb Smith Posted at 2017-3-5 12:02

did you look on the system status page for any clues as to what it could be ?  did you also happen to calibrate the compass ( doubt it but perhaps try ) I was doing some sniping and the Main controller data error could mean many things , the barometer was one for example .

If you remove  camera from the aircraft does the same warning come up ?   wonder if  that gimbal could cause that error ....( Not sure ).

Wish I knew more about the I2,  to help you ....... Like I said look at the system status page for more clues, if it will give you any.

donnie
2017-3-5
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-5 12:12
Did you happen to just try to rollback the FW and see if it goes away ?  It may be something in the update, If so others will find it as well.  You can rollback to the previous Fw in Order....but just one .

donnie

There is no rollback when using DJI Assistant 2 its a one way street.
2017-3-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-5 18:13
There is no rollback when using DJI Assistant 2 its a one way street.

Oh, thank you for telling me that .  I best keep me out shut  on some of this stuff since I have the Inspire 1 .  I would hate to give someone the wrong advise , that is for sure .
I just read the release notes on the Inspire 2.  Once again for the friendly reminder

•                                                                 [size=12.000000pt]Notes:

•                                                                 [size=10.000000pt]  [size=10.000000pt]If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 app, and retry.

•                                                                 [size=10.000000pt]  [size=10.000000pt]Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version.

•                                                                 [size=10.000000pt]  [size=10.000000pt]Ensure remote controller is updated to the latest firmware to activate all new features.

cheers

donnie
2017-3-6
Use props
fans5d5eaa44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391539 ft
Germany

I have the Same “Main Controller Data Error” from last night , i tried all the tips you guys suggested but nothing is solved so far , my drone is inspire 2 too
2019-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules