Update gone bad
2100 18 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteveGmavic 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 653524 ft
Canada

I've had no problems in the past doing firmware updates, how ever I am very frustrated with this last update. It told me I needed to upgrade from the dji go app, I told it to go a head and update. After waiting 20+ mins, it said upgrade failed so I figured no problem I would use assistant 2 on the computer. I tried to do both at the same time, it again said update failed. So I upgraded the remote that seemed to work fine, I tried to update the aircraft and every single time it failed. I tried to down grade that too failed, I even tried to reset to factory default, that failed as well. By this time it has been 1-1/2 hrs. The fan on the mavic was running lots and now every time I start the mavic it does the usual tune, but then after that it does a continuous beeping sound I hat doesn't stop.  Plus I think after the first attempt the front led stopped working now when I turn it on the fan won't come on, it gets very hot and will not even connect to the computer.
Does anyone know if this means my mavic is toast?  
2017-3-4
Use props
dja139
New

United States

i also keep getting firmware update failure, very frustrated my 1600 dollar drone can't fly and can't update
2017-3-5
Use props
dja139
New

United States

of course as soon as i post this, i try one last time and it works
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did you get any error message from DJI Assistant? Have you tried to reinstall the DJI Assistant and update again?
2017-3-6
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

Had same issue and noticed I was using an outdated version of DJI Assistant 2. I was using version 1.0.9 and after I updated to the latest Ver. 1.1.0 everything went out smoothly. Hope this helps!
2017-3-6
Use props
SteveGmavic 2
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-6 01:34
Did you get any error message from DJI Assistant? Have you tried to reinstall the DJI Assistant and update again?

Yes I did try delete and reinstall but that did not work
It is now being shipped back
If I have problems can I please get back to you
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SteveGmavic 2 Posted at 2017-3-6 18:53
Yes I did try delete and reinstall but that did not work
It is now being shipped back
If I have problems can I please get back to you

Yes, if you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
Click the reply button and I will know you are responding to me.
2017-3-7
Use props
SteveGmavic 2
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-7 01:18

Just wondering if you know but my mavic went in today
It's just over two months that I have had it did work perfectly in that time I think I have around 32 miles on it and I do have the DJI refresh but this break down happened 100% because of a firmware update so I should not have to use my DJI refresh right?
2017-3-8
Use props
SteveGmavic 2
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-7 01:18

ust wondering if you know but my mavic went in today
It's just over two months that I have had it did work perfectly in that time I think I have around 32 miles on it and I do have the DJI refresh but this break down happened 100% because of a firmware update so I should not have to use my DJI refresh right?
It should be there tomorrow
2017-3-13
Use props
fans88aa0eef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22188 ft
Australia

I am also stumped by a similar issue here. My firmware update worked fine until it got stuck on 99% for about 10 minutes. Some 'advice' on the web said reset both devices and it'll complete the update. But now I can't connect the Mavic to the controller no matter what methods i use, I suspect one of them updated the firmware and the other doesn't.

Now for the real question no on on the web has yet answered- can you upgrade your controller independent of the Mavic (because I can't seem to do so) and if not, how can you expect to update the controller when it cannot connect to the Mavic under any circumstances?

Thanks
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SteveGmavic 2 Posted at 2017-3-8 23:03
Just wondering if you know but my mavic went in today

It will takes 3-5 business days to receive and update the case. Please wait patiently.
Our engineers will evaluate the drone, if it's the issue caused by the firmware and accord with our warranty policy, we will take care of it.
2017-3-14
Use props
SteveGmavic 2
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-14 01:35
It will takes 3-5 business days to receive and update the case. Please wait patiently.
Our engineers will evaluate the drone, if it's the issue caused by the firmware and accord with our warranty policy, we will take care of it.

Thanks for getting back to me Mindy
I called DJI today in California unfortunately I was put on hold for 91 minutes I was told I was the next phone call about one minute later I was told that sorry we are closed for the day that was a $60 phone phone charge anyway if I give you my case number I'm wondering if you could possibly look into it as well I know I'm probably sounding impatient.   Cas-489981-h9y9L4
It's just time from Manitoba Canada and we finally are receiving spring I still have 2 feet of snow but it's around -1 and I don't have a drone
Thank you
2017-3-14
Use props
SteveGmavic 2
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-14 01:35

Yes you can update the controller separate to the Mavic  just use your computer and hook up the Controller without the Mavic in line and then you can downgrade or upgrade it
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans88aa0eef Posted at 2017-3-13 23:51
I am also stumped by a similar issue here. My firmware update worked fine until it got stuck on 99% for about 10 minutes. Some 'advice' on the web said reset both devices and it'll complete the update. But now I can't connect the Mavic to the controller no matter what methods i use, I suspect one of them updated the firmware and the other doesn't.

Now for the real question no on on the web has yet answered- can you upgrade your controller independent of the Mavic (because I can't seem to do so) and if not, how can you expect to update the controller when it cannot connect to the Mavic under any circumstances?

You can update the RC firmware respectively.
Please refer to the video tutorial.
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SteveGmavic 2 Posted at 2017-3-14 18:12
I called DJI today in California unfortunately I was put on hold for 91 minutes I was told I was the next phone call about one minute later I was told that sorry we are closed for the day that was a $60 phone phone charge anyway if I give you my case number I'm wondering if you could possibly look into it as well I know I'm probably sounding impatient.   Cas-489981-h9y9L4
It's just time from Manitoba Canada and we finally are receiving spring I still have 2 feet of snow but it's around -1 and I don't have a drone

Could you please PM me with your phone number you used to contact us?
I'll help to look into it.
And I have checked your case. You package was delivered on Mar.14.
It will takes about 3-5 business days to receive and update the case.
Thank you for your understanding.
2017-3-14
Use props
fans88aa0eef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22188 ft
Australia

I got this email from DJI support explaining what to do in this situation:

"Sorry to hear about the problem.
Please try with the below steps for trouble shooting:
1. keep the left sided Micro USB port UNPLUGGED, use the middle USB port to connect with your iPad/iPhone, checking if helps. Kindly send me a screenshot on this step.
2. Make sure the aircraft has switch into RC mode as below screenshot (need to re-boot the aircraft after switching):

Then you can please try with the below combined buttons for the re-linking:
a. turn on the remote controller and the aircraft
b. press C1+C2 and hold them, then press the video recording button, the remote will produce a beeping sound "D-DD", while "D-DD" sound comes out, please press the shutter button, the remote screenshot will show "Binding", then you can press the link button on the aircraft to rebind

Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!
"

It's worth mentioning that this method still doesn't work for me and my RC will not connect to Apps on any of my iOS devices, or either my PC or Mac. It's useless and DJI support has insisted I return my RC and AC to fix the problem :/
2017-3-16
Use props
RightStuffed
lvl.2
United States

SteveGmavic 2 Posted at 2017-3-14 18:12

Jeeez. These posts make me feel a little petty as i would be fuming after an episode like that.
2017-3-16
Use props
SteveGmavic 2
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-14 19:33
Could you please PM me with your phone number you used to contact us?
I'll help to look into it.
And I have checked your case. You package was delivered on Mar.14.

Hi Mindy I know it has not been that long but have you heard anything about my Drone yet
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SteveGmavic 2 Posted at 2017-3-16 16:08
Hi Mindy I know it has not been that long but have you heard anything about my Drone yet

I have added a note to your case.
The weekend may cause little delay.
Thank you for your patience.
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules