1277 10 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not jumping ship.... adding to the fleet.
I pulled the trigger on a P4P+ a few days ago.
Been hearing so much about the P4 Pro and have been curious...
About the 20mp camera, Mechanical shutter and The "Crystal Sky" monitor.
Came across a reasonable deal and decided to take the plunge.
Now waiting like a 7 year old 2 days before Christmas.....

2017-3-4
Use props
JonCahillPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15256 ft
United States

Waiting is the hardest part...or so the song goes. I look forward to your report!
2017-3-4
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I am close to getting one of these ........I am so wishy washy ....sorry brother .  If I did not have a fleet of old RC ships of all configs sitting in the basement this would be easy ....at my age I have the money ,Its just the nagging doubt of another system ......

let me know if you think its worth it

donnie
2017-3-5
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am relatively sure the P4P+ will never replace the I1pro.
But I just gotta see this super bright monitor since DJI seems held back from releasing the Crystal Sky monitors for their other gear.
[Busy de-bugging I2 and designing Matrice 200, and whatever else they have up their sleeve!]
I am also very interested in the camera improvements: Variable Aperture, 20mp, auto focus, mechanical shutter.
It might be a good grab & go rig.

Waiting.................
2017-3-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds great, you can never have to many drones    

I have the P3P and P4. they have worked great for me over the past year(s). I have the P3P for sale but no takers up to this point. DJI keeps making these things obsolete in a short time...  

keep us posted
Rich
2017-3-5
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ok, the waiting is over!!! Got the package Thursday. Spent the evening charging Batteries, Registering the AC, updating FW, Linking RC, etc. Had to watch a few tutorials to get it all done because it is done differently than the Inspire 1.

Friday the weather was miserable, so stayed in and messed with the simulator and got familiar with the settings and the whole operation system for it.

Today, although cold, the weather was a bit better, but windy. 15-20 mph sustained winds. Couldn’t stand it anymore, so out I went to bust the cherry on this bird!

It handled the wind without problem. I had a warning message pop up a few times warning me that it was windy and to fly with caution. RTH landed it 18” from where it took off from. The obstacle sensors work well. I was about 15 feet from a birdhouse and the remote vibrated and beeped to alert me. I could get no closer until I ascended above it. Nice.

I didn’t fly out of LOS. 2221 ft was the furthest I went. I am confused about one thing. In the flight log, it says Top Altitude was -24.7 ft (?). I probably need to do an IMU calibration……

Screen brightness… Nice! But not what I had my hopes set up for. It was pretty sunny and I found myself turning my back to the sun to shade the screen. But, I will say that glare was not an issue at all. I don’t think I will need a Hoodman or Hi-Aerial. Screen could stand to be bigger. (Used to Ipad Mini!!)

I saw no breakup of image transmission. The camera is impressive. For stills, the right trigger button is two step, just like a DSLR. Push it a little to focus, push further to take the picture. While shooting video, you can push that button to first step to re-focus at any time.

Where I flew was not scenic but I did shoot some stills and video to test. 4K is impressive and there is no pixilation when panning or yawing the camera. I have posted a few stills. I had to drastically resample them to post here. P43 is a part of P42 not resampled (compressed) You can count the bricks!

Flew 22 minutes on the battery and landed at 30%. Pretty good considering the wind. This bird is frisky too!!

I haven’t even scratched the surface yet on trying all of the various features, but overall, I am impressed. VERY Impressed.

I’ll post more after more flights.

Lakeside house

Lakeside house

Back of mall

Back of mall

Uncompressed

Uncompressed
2017-3-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-3-11 16:49
Ok, the waiting is over!!! Got the package Thursday. Spent the evening charging Batteries, Registering the AC, updating FW, Linking RC, etc. Had to watch a few tutorials to get it all done because it is done differently than the Inspire 1.
Friday the weather was miserable, so stayed in and messed with the simulator and got familiar with the settings and the whole operation system for it.
Today, although cold, the weather was a bit better, but windy. 15-20 mph sustained winds. Couldn’t stand it anymore, so out I went to bust the cherry on this bird!

Hi Aero

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Sounds like you got a good one

I keep kicking the idea around, but I am holding out for the Inspire 2

Rich
2017-3-11
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-11 19:03
Hi Aero

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Sounds like you got a good one  

Yes indeed. She's a beauty.
I have never had any problems with any of my DJI gear and this follows suit. You can literally feel  the quality.
If there is a lesson to learn here I think it is.....
Wait a while when a new product comes out for the 'revised' version that comes after all of the bugs get worked out.
P4 was only out what, 8 or 9 months before the P4P came out with a bunch of improvements.
They did the same thing with the Matrice 600.
How long before Inspire 2 pro comes along.......... one has to wonder..
2017-3-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-3-11 19:43
Yes indeed. She's a beauty.
I have never had any problems with any of my DJI gear and this follows suit. You can literally feel  the quality.
If there is a lesson to learn here I think it is.....

I love the way my P4 performs and have not had any trouble at all. Yes, I could have waited for awhile longer for the P4P, but my P4 has been great machine.   My Mavic Pro is back in the shop due to camera focus issues (but really liked the way it flew)....  Not sure I can wait until the Inspire 2 V2 comes out  

For the most part, DJI does a great job and it has been so much fun keeping up with the technology.
Have fun with the new P4P!
Rich

2017-3-11
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Update:
Flew a couple more times today. I am really liking this bird. The camera is remarkable. I am getting pictures as good as I was getting with the X5 with Oly 12mm.
And this bird, with spare battery and GPC case all cost less than just the X5 and Lens! Not to mention the cost of the Inspire 1 Pro.
Flew 26 minutes landing with 36% battery left.
Here's a couple of pics from today's shoot:
114.jpg
DJI_0028.JPG
2017-3-12
Use props
JonCahillPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15256 ft
United States

Looking nice! I thought real hard for the P2P, and still do. Never anything wrong with a fleet of birds, you know, for redundancy sake.
2017-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules