Timelapse resolution.
2032 8 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrFett
lvl.1
Poland

Hello there. From all i know output resolution for timelapses in osmo mobile is 720p. Yesterday we were doing timelapses with iphone 6 and huawei p9. After we get back home i've noticed than every file from iphone is 1080p - no matter if timelapse or not - however all videos from Android phone were 720p. Can someone please tell me if timelapse on iphones is native 1080 or interpolated in some way?

Funny thing is - AF lock worked on android half the day - then stopped and returned to normal DJI GO behavior .
2017-3-5
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092589 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I did a timelapse on Saturday, thats at 1080p but its on Android
2017-3-6
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Germany

iPhone does not allow to set time lapse resolution. Only for Slo-Mo. Standard is 1080p at 30 fps.
2017-3-6
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092589 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems the Osmo software on both platforms is very bad!
So many flaws for such an expensive piece of tech!
2017-3-7
Use props
MrFett
lvl.1
Poland

Just great. Did firmware update and took my osmo for holiday. This time all my iphone timelapses are 720p..... previously there were 1080p.
2017-4-1
Use props
Petskuta
New
Finland

Hey. I've been planning on buying the OSMO+, but after trying the original OSMO I found out it only has a 720p output for motion timelapses. Is this fixed on the OSMO+? Can it output 4K time lapses? Kind of deal breaker if it doesn't.
2017-4-1
Use props
dashmon_op
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Do you know which firmware allow iPhone take 1080 timelapse/slow mo videos? I can take 720 only in above case
2017-4-2
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Petskuta Posted at 2017-4-1 04:10
Hey. I've been planning on buying the OSMO+, but after trying the original OSMO I found out it only has a 720p output for motion timelapses. Is this fixed on the OSMO+? Can it output 4K time lapses? Kind of deal breaker if it doesn't.

As far as I know...720p

Really disturbing!

Yo...DJI...can you perhaps chime in and explain why the timelapse video is NOT output 1080p????

Can we hope for a firmware upgrade?  

And what about AGC (sound limiter) for audio settings!!??
2017-4-3
Use props
Petskuta
New
Finland

geoffz Posted at 2017-4-3 21:41
As far as I know...720p

Really disturbing!

If that's the case, wow. That feature was a glaring problem on the first OSMO and I would have expected for it to be fixed in the upgrade. As it has been pointed out, it should not be an issue for the sensor to record @1fps in 4K, not to mention 1080p. Heck, even most good smartphones can do that. Really a bummer and makes little sense. It's not like the X3 is a really high quality camera anyway, lots of compression issues with pixelating and a poor dynamic range.

I was looking for a compact camera to accompany my Mavic on a trip and ended up getting a secondhand Blackmagic pocket cinema camera. Of course it'll lack the stabilization capabilities, 4K and slow-mo, but the 10-bit RAW image takes the cake.
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules