Unsharpness in the left corner of the picture
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3ecd4629
New
Germany

My Mavic has a permanent unsharpness in the left corner. When I focus the left corner, it's sharp but then the right corner is unsharp. I guess it is another DJI Mavic with that hardware lens problem..... I'm really sad, because I could have an job for german TV "SWR" but now I have a big problem !!! I made several test photos and videos on a surface in one level and always the same..
SN: 08QDE2501202MN
2017-3-5
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

Sorry to break it to you, but it is probably a hardware issue. There are some cases just like yours that the side of the video/photo is unfocused. But if you send it back, Dji will send you a replacement. If you can send it back, I really recommend it.
2017-3-5
Use props
Aaticri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213022 ft
United Kingdom

It's a known issue unfortunately and the only solution is to contact DJI to start the replacement process. Worth getting some sample footage up on Dropbox and reset everything and refresh firmware so you can say you've done it when dji ask you to. But replacement is the only solution usually
2017-3-5
Use props
fans3ecd4629
New
Germany

I send a message to the DJI technical support and told them about the problem. I tried to upload photos to proof but the upload was canceled every time. I guess that a lot of Mavic users have that problem... :-( How can I be sure to get a replacement ? I'm sure  that this is a hardware problem the Mavic has and DJI know exactly about it. But they still sell them  and me as a customer know have that f...... problem !
2017-3-5
Use props
Aaticri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213022 ft
United Kingdom

I think it's based on how long you've had the drone but I'm sure each case is different good luck.

Ps did you use drop box ?
2017-3-5
Use props
fans3ecd4629
New
Germany

unsharp left corner 1

unsharp left corner 2
2017-3-5
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

See more here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-69767-1-1.html

Unfortunately it's a hardware problem with the sensor not being perfectly perpendicular with the lens resulting in a portion of the photo being out of focus. No way to fix it without sending it in for replacement.
2017-3-5
Use props
poliakov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94639 ft
United States

Yes I have the same thing and I think geofox784 is exactly right.

If you have what I have - there's no way to make the picture blur-free. There MIGHT be a way to "center" the blur such that you have about the same amount on the top-left and bottom right.
I put a bunch of my notes here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=87429
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Really sorry for the frustration.
It's recommended to send it in for further evaluation. If it's accord with our replace policy, we will arrange the replacement for you.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans3ecd4629
New
Germany

Because DJI did not yet fix this hardware problem and sell thousands of Mavics with such a fundamental problem (because they don't want to stop the production and making money), I send back the Mavic Combo to my seller in Germany. The danger to get another Mavic with such a problem, maybe the blur on the other side or a yellow dot in the middle, a wobble-gimbal..., is to big in my opinion. It's like russian roulette!
The features and the flight characteristics are perfect - but the quality of the camera are a step backwards.
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules