OA Sensor Question
1990 14 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
budfroggy
lvl.1
United States

Good day all!

Just looking for an answer for a quick question regarding the OA Sensors.  So if i am understanding correctly when an obstacle is detected it slows the aircraft down to a snails pace and goes slow, even is obstacle is a good distance away.  I was wondering if there was a way to set the range of the detection for it to start throttling the AC speed.  I have read through the manual and haven't really seen anything stating.  I do know there is braking % etc etc which controls? I am just looking for a better explanation.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

2017-3-5
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

I am not sure I understand.
Once the OA sensors detect a obstacle, the remote will start beeping. When it gets too close to the obstacle, the drone will stop. It will not slow it down.

Was this your question?
2017-3-5
Use props
budfroggy
lvl.1
United States

Hmmmm then maybe i have some sort of fault? Cause whenever on the "radar" something was detected in front of my house such as my tree or house itself my speed was throttled down to a turtle, then for instance i flew up above my house and my FW/BW speed was no longer throttled.
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi OA first of all needs adequate lighting to work properly it does not slow down to a snail pace, but rather when it senses an obstacle it will slow to a stop, obstacles need to be of solid format or have to be textured , you need to be careful as obstacle avoidance will only work at approximately 16' degrees to 30' degrees going forward in P mode,

You can try it at full speed in P mode but that's risky, you can also set it in the app to ascend when it detects an obstacle.
2017-3-5
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

all the problems that im having started when i loaded version 400,the OA sensors seem to be messed up,now i have to have them all turned of before the drone flies normally,i have done all the calibrations you can do but nothing fixes the problem,this drone flew beautifully when i first got it, the only time i can used OA would be indoors as only flies slow with OA on. not going to upgrade again until dji sorts out this problem with a non buggy firmware fix, it must be the firmware because everything was fine on version 300/200.
2017-3-5
Use props
budfroggy
lvl.1
United States

Hmmm yeah it was sundown so maybe it was getting "confused".  It was my maiden flight so i wanted to just make sure it worked. Once i auto took off, i went to fly forward and it was barely even moving. but when i ascended above my house it had speed FW/BW/L/R.  Is that maybe cause of the OA sensor?  So are you saying, if night flying, turn OA off? Also, is there a way to set detection range (not radius) for forward sensors.
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

budfroggy Posted at 2017-3-5 06:19
Hmmm yeah it was sundown so maybe it was getting "confused".  It was my maiden flight so i wanted to just make sure it worked. Once i auto took off, i went to fly forward and it was barely even moving. but when i ascended above my house it had speed FW/BW/L/R.  Is that maybe cause of the OA sensor?  So are you saying, if night flying, turn OA off? Also, is there a way to set detection range (not radius) for forward sensors.

No you can't set the range, it is what it is, at nighttime or in low light it won't work, if you turn it off you Mavic will go quicker, approx 36mph as opposed to 22mph in P mode and 40mph in sports, but if you are a new flyer I would recommend keeping it turned on, until you get used to flying.

Good luck...
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bomberuk Posted at 2017-3-5 06:07
all the problems that im having started when i loaded version 400,the OA sensors seem to be messed up,now i have to have them all turned of before the drone flies normally,i have done all the calibrations you can do but nothing fixes the problem,this drone flew beautifully when i first got it, the only time i can used OA would be indoors as only flies slow with OA on. not going to upgrade again until dji sorts out this problem with a non buggy firmware fix, it must be the firmware because everything was fine on version 300/200.

I'm using version 500 used it this morning, it's working perfectly.
2017-3-5
Use props
budfroggy
lvl.1
United States

Then i wonder if i have a different issue, cause this thing was literally barely moving FW/BW/L/R when i went to fly until the OA was clear.  Ill try later with it off.  I think we are on different pages lol
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

budfroggy Posted at 2017-3-5 06:38
Then i wonder if i have a different issue, cause this thing was literally barely moving FW/BW/L/R when i went to fly until the OA was clear.  Ill try later with it off.  I think we are on different pages lol

Are you in beginner mode?
2017-3-5
Use props
budfroggy
lvl.1
United States

No sir. Ive flown P3 for awhile. This here i literally took off, went go move forward and was barely moving. Would that now be cause it detects something, so therefore its gonna move slow due to detection?
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

budfroggy Posted at 2017-3-5 07:08
No sir. Ive flown P3 for awhile. This here i literally took off, went go move forward and was barely moving. Would that now be cause it detects something, so therefore its gonna move slow due to detection?

It should only slow down when it reaches approx 10 meters and then come to a stop, it should then be able to reverse at normal speed .
2017-3-5
Use props
budfroggy
lvl.1
United States

What i am saying is if when you lift off and something is already in detection, a little bit out. Would it cause it to fly slow due to the detection?
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

budfroggy Posted at 2017-3-5 07:39
What i am saying is if when you lift off and something is already in detection, a little bit out. Would it cause it to fly slow due to the detection?

Yes but it will stop, so let's say radar is on red and beeping has started , if you rise above obstacle radar is on green , that is quite normal, advice try to take off with no obstacle in close range..
2017-3-5
Use props
budfroggy
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-5 07:57
Yes but it will stop, so let's say radar is on red and beeping has started , if you rise above obstacle radar is on green , that is quite normal, advice try to take off with no obstacle in close range..

Will do! Thanks for the help, ill let you know when i attempt.
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules