mavic manual camera and video settings
1431 5 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuartb
New

United Kingdom

As a professional photographer and videographer I am used to setting all the controls in my other cameras to manual.  I have tried this in the Mavic, but only with partial success.  Although there is a manual setting there seems to be nothing to let me control aperture.  This renders the manual settings almost useless, because the default aperture of f2.2 produces images that are far too bright in most circumstances.  If I turn on auto the image brightness is reasonable, but at the expenses of shutter speed.  This is not problem on a still image, but I don't want to be shooting video at 320th second.  A more natural shutter speed is 50th for images shot at 25fps.

Am I missing a control somewhere that lets me truly set the controls manually as I wish?

2017-3-5
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

Nah, just need to get a set of nd filters to bring down the shutter speed... Not ideal but nothing else you can do.
2017-3-5
Use props
stuartb
New

United Kingdom

Sangarone Posted at 2017-3-5 07:48
Nah, just need to get a set of nd filters to bring down the shutter speed... Not ideal but nothing else you can do.

I had not spotted those in the store.  I have them on my video cameras so know how to use them.  Unfortunately they are out of stock in the DJI store, so I'll have to wait.  Thanks for the tip.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

stuartb Posted at 2017-3-6 09:31
I had not spotted those in the store.  I have them on my video cameras so know how to use them.  Unfortunately they are out of stock in the DJI store, so I'll have to wait.  Thanks for the tip.

You have other options as well since the DJI ones are out of stock,  like Polar Pro.
2017-3-6
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

stuartb Posted at 2017-3-6 09:31

I bought the ones from taco rc online... Although it still takes an ND32 (pretty extreme in my opinion) to bring the shutter down to 1/60(mid day), I have just been using ND16 at like 1/120 and have seen decent results.
2017-3-6
Use props
stuartb
New

United Kingdom

I bought a et from Kooltoyz in the UK, same as the DJI set.  I get much better results now.
2017-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules