1888 16 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Hi guys,

I am just curious - should I go ahead and buy the P4P now, or wait another month.. I don't want to take a chance that I spend 1500 dollars and DJI turns around and drops the price on it when they come out with the next gen drone a month or two later. I really want this drone, but I also don't want buyers remorse. That already happened to me with my P4 when I bought it in November lol..

Thanks!!
2017-3-5
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Same question I have for the P4. Right now it's on sale on all Canadian stores ($CAD1349-1399) until March 9. Is this going to be the final price and from here I can wait for the next sale?
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you want it now and you think that it's a good price buy it now, (I personally do) nobody purchases good that they don't think are worth it, yes maybe in two months time it will drop in price, so be it and in six months P5 will be out, and 6 months after that P6, so no matter what you do if you think the way your thinking now then you will always have regrets.

The way I think about it is I bought when released I will have it 4 months before any discounts one of the first to enjoy this great AC, IF P5 is coming down the line I can take a look if I like it I can sell my P4P , I will have used it got great pleasure out of it, or I can just keep it because new AC doesn't offer much more than I already have.

Why wait when you can enjoy right now. Life's too short...
2017-3-5
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-5 10:13
If you want it now and you think that it's a good price buy it now, (I personally do) nobody purchases good that they don't think are worth it, yes maybe in two months time it will drop in price, so be it and in six months P5 will be out, and 6 months after that P6, so no matter what you do if you think the way your thinking now then you will always have regrets.

The way I think about it is I bought when released I will have it 4 months before any discounts one of the first to enjoy this great AC, IF P5 is coming down the line I can take a look if I like it I can sell my P4P , I will have used it got great pleasure out of it, or I can just keep it because new AC doesn't offer much more than I already have.

Oh man, you are my new best friend haha! Definitely the way to look at things..  Thank you! Guess I will be receiving a new P4P by the end of the week now.. Now I will have 2 (this addiction is expensive!)!!
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-5 13:40
Oh man, you are my new best friend haha! Definitely the way to look at things..  Thank you! Guess I will be receiving a new P4P by the end of the week now.. Now I will have 2 (this addiction is expensive!)!!

Hey Mobilcams good job , you will enjoy, I have a few myself..
2017-3-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-5 08:36
Same question I have for the P4. Right now it's on sale on all Canadian stores ($CAD1349-1399) until March 9. Is this going to be the final price and from here I can wait for the next sale?

Interesting to read that the sales finish up mid-March. I keep seeing April referenced for a possible (mythical?) DJI announcement, so encouraging a buy-up prior to an announcement with could affect clearance of the earlier models would make sense.

But, while I don't necessarily agree that the P5 is imminent (hey, who knows? DJI could simply be announcing their new racers), I do agree with Hallmark's pragmatic view. If the price is right, go for it and enjoy it sooner than later. It's 'opportunity cost' - what you pay for now (against a possible saving later) will equate to the enjoyment you get earlier.

It's like buying a computer. You may as well buy the one you want now, because there'll always be a better, faster CPU around the corner. Continuing to wait for the next may just do your head in...
2017-3-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

No matter when you buy a Phantom, a couple of months later there will be a new model, such is the rate at which DJI introduce new models. Wait for the best time and you will never buy one.
2017-3-5
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

I just have the P3S and am enjoying it. Picked it up used but at a good price. Going to use that until I find it's capability is limiting me beore looking at moving up.

While I do have GAS I have learned to control the symptoms over the years.

How is the P4 limiting you that you require a P4P now?
2017-3-5
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Ok I ordered and this time I got the DJI refresh for it. I feel better about it having that package..
2017-3-5
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-5 16:27
I just have the P3S and am enjoying it. Picked it up used but at a good price. Going to use that until I find it's capability is limiting me beore looking at moving up.

While I do have GAS I have learned to control the symptoms over the years.

I'm a photographer and I love the new camera specs.. There have been a number of times I wanted to get a certain shot but the final product was too grainy to crop into or edit (dark areas too noisy etc). I also like the idea of having a video camera that has a better codec on board with the higher bit rate.. I love my P4 and I have done some amazing things with it - I just really love the idea of having a camera with more dynamic range -etc..  The advanced features are intriguing but not why I am buying it.
2017-3-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-5 16:47
I'm a photographer and I love the new camera specs.. There have been a number of times I wanted to get a certain shot but the final product was too grainy to crop into or edit (dark areas too noisy etc). I also like the idea of having a video camera that has a better codec on board with the higher bit rate.. I love my P4 and I have done some amazing things with it - I just really love the idea of having a camera with more dynamic range -etc..  The advanced features are intriguing but not why I am buying it.

My reasoning was identical to your's - the camera.

But I've since found that having both a P4 and P4P is a godsend for other reasons. I can be flying one while my girlfriend flys the other - and now she can't wait for weekends. She joined me for a video shoot of a vineyard/winery recently, and many of the segments used in the final product were her's. She was stoked with her name in the credits!
2017-3-5
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-5 16:47

I too am a photographer. The bigger sensor and better camera is what would draw me in too.

Going to wait a while and concentrate on what I can achieve with the gear I have now and move up when I need that extra ability.

This approach does not always work though. My Macbook Pro is getting on a bit but to buy a new one now would be a step backwards. That is a problem I am yet to resolve.
2017-3-5
Use props
DRONEOH
New

United States

This happened to me. I would wait, at least until the end of the year. I bought the P4 in July of last year. The P4P comes out 4 months later. Wasn't very happy with this. If i would have known, i would have waited given all the new features i missed out on. I sent DJI Support and email asking if i could exchange my unit, even if i had to pay a small upgrade fee, i would have. The response was short and ultimately "no exchanges" and to go to DJI.com for updates. Wasn't pleased with that experience. Seems to me, they put out the P4 to keeps sales flowing, until the P4P was finished.
2017-3-5
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

You'll regret waiting! Snag that P4P & start posting photos/videos ASAP!
2017-3-5
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

You my friend should wait.
2017-3-8
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Lol, it seems that there are a lot of different opinions out there. I have been wading through the reviews and have owned a P4 for a long time now. I am comfortable with this style aircraft and the problems that the P4P have are all correctable through firmware eventually, and if they aren't I can live with that as well. I am most interested in the camera and the things I can do with it - seeing that I am a photographer on the side, I can live with the issues that it seems to have..
And before anyone asks, yes I am getting my 107..
2017-3-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-5 16:44
Ok I ordered and this time I got the DJI refresh for it. I feel better about it having that package..

Congrats you will love it, good job..
2017-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules