Brand new Mavic Pro jello / wobbly video :-/
1188 6 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimelliott
lvl.1
Falkland Islands

My Mavic is experiencing the jello / wobbly video (that I've since discovered is not that uncommon). Here's a video ... (skip to 2.39 for quick example)

It started off fine (also the flight I did before this was a bit better), but then the 'jello/wobbly' gets worse and worse. starts off at 0.59, comically bad at 2.39, and continues in the shelter of my back garden at 5.38

Wind was about 14-20mph and I did get some warnings about high wind, BUT this doesn't explain it happening in my back garden on the same flight..

It was doing this on the first day and I was getting 'abnormal gimbal vibration' warnings, I then discovered than the gimbal wasn't seated under all its tabs, which I fixed, its perfect now, but the above video is since then.

This is the very latest firmware (v01.03.0500), I have refreshed several times, several IMU calibrations, several auto gimbal calibrations, several camera setting resets.

Temperature was 9c, not sure why that matters.

No ND filters yet, don't see why I wouldn't be able to get usable video without them

Props seem fine, I have switched them around with no big difference.

Should I be sending this back to the shop for an exchange? Or to DJI to fix (this seems like a drawn out process and where will it go? I'm inUk)

#1Today at 10:15 AM
[url=]Tools[/url]

Nate107 likes this.

2017-3-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you did COLD IMU on a 100% perfect level surface that I would return it and get and exchange for a new one instead of sending it ofr repair!
2017-3-5
Use props
jimelliott
lvl.1
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-3-5 11:10
If you did COLD IMU on a 100% perfect level surface that I would return it and get and exchange for a new one instead of sending it ofr repair!

thanks for the advice! Whats a 'cold' IMU? Ive done a couple of IMU, not 100% sure what they are but they seemed straight forward. I did it on a very hard, but level carpet, not sure if this was good enough or not
2017-3-5
Use props
jimelliott
lvl.1
United Kingdom

not sure why but it didn't post the video I did - here it is -
2017-3-5
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

jimelliott Posted at 2017-3-5 13:20
not sure why but it didn't post the video I did - here it is -

You did not use ND filters to lower your shutter speed, this could be one of the reasons that you experiance the effect I see in your video.
https://www.dronezon.com/aerial- ... -in-aerial-footage/

2017-3-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jimelliott Posted at 2017-3-5 13:21
thanks for the advice! Whats a 'cold' IMU? Ive done a couple of IMU, not 100% sure what they are but they seemed straight forward. I did it on a very hard, but level carpet, not sure if this was good enough or not

Putting the AC outside without the battery for 1/2 hour in cold temperature 10C or less and then quickly do an IMU calib on a 100% level surface
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi jimelliott, since you have tried all basic troubleshooting, I'd suggest you to send it in for further diagnosis.
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules