Corona Arch - Moab, Utah
1206 23 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RonBurk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4844216 ft
United States

Here's a few minutes of video of one of the favorite places I visited while out west back in September.
2017-3-5
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

RonBurk:

Good scenework. I liked seeing the split view.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus.
2017-3-5
Use props
RonBurk
lvl.3
United States

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-3-5 14:50
RonBurk:

Good scenework. I liked seeing the split view.

Thanks Augustus, I appreciate you watching.
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Those are pretty neat desert formations, thanks for sharing.
2017-3-5
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

looks like a great place to fly. Interesting landscape and few people, makes a perfect combination I'd say.
2017-3-6
Use props
RonBurk
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-5 21:48
Those are pretty neat desert formations, thanks for sharing.

You're welcome! Thanks for watching.
2017-3-6
Use props
RonBurk
lvl.3
United States

sky wombat Posted at 2017-3-6 00:23
looks like a great place to fly. Interesting landscape and few people, makes a perfect combination I'd say.

It was indeed a cool place, and great for flying - very open, interesting from the air and as you said, few people.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans3d9ca26c
lvl.1

United States

Looks great, I'm going to be there in May. Did you fly any other places other than here? I'm just trying to get some ideas before I leave.
2017-3-6
Use props
RonBurk
lvl.3
United States

fans3d9ca26c Posted at 2017-3-6 10:02
Looks great, I'm going to be there in May. Did you fly any other places other than here? I'm just trying to get some ideas before I leave.

I flew at a couple of spots just outside of Canyonlands Natl Park. Just some places alongside the road that had some cool rock formations. You'll see plenty of spots like that driving around.
2017-3-6
Use props
PaulL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23898 ft
United States

You can rent a Jeep in Moab and drive around the beautiful scenery for days and days. Keep in mind that some areas are off limits to drones though. Nice camera work Ron!
2017-3-6
Use props
DJILEAKS.COM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Great footage in a beautiful place.
In your Youtube description, don't be afraid to give us the details of the gear you're using....what time of day/month/year...did you use an ND filter etc.  Sometimes even the most mundane facts about a flight can be the piece of the puzzle that another aspiring pilot is looking for!
Super vid!
2017-3-6
Use props
fansef1e3b89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82638 ft
United States

i know a couple of guys in Moab that run a jeep tour business, give them a call and tell them the guys from Paramount Automotive sent you and they'll hook you up, GOOGLE Atomic Tours Moab. They know some great spots.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans3d9ca26c
lvl.1

United States

Great Thanks, looking forward to it.
2017-3-7
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Super video, nice colors and...what a breathtaking landscape! It must be the Phantom Pilot's wet dream! If I may just add one little comment, that would be to work on smoothness of movements (including camera tilt). But other than that - superb video!
2017-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great subject good job..
2017-3-7
Use props
RonBurk
lvl.3
United States

DJILEAKS.COM Posted at 2017-3-6 19:01
Great footage in a beautiful place.
In your Youtube description, don't be afraid to give us the details of the gear you're using....what time of day/month/year...did you use an ND filter etc.  Sometimes even the most mundane facts about a flight can be the piece of the puzzle that another aspiring pilot is looking for!
Super vid!

Thanks, I appreciate you watching. I did put month and year in the description (September, 2016) but not the date, that was the 21st. Time of day was around 3:00 pm but didn't really matter much because of the cloud cover. It would have looked about the same all day. I did not use any filters. Good suggestion though to include more details, I'll have to remember there are people out there who actually read the descriptions!
2017-3-7
Use props
RonBurk
lvl.3
United States

fivetonine Posted at 2017-3-7 07:22
Super video, nice colors and...what a breathtaking landscape! It must be the Phantom Pilot's wet dream! If I may just add one little comment, that would be to work on smoothness of movements (including camera tilt). But other than that - superb video!

Thank you! I agree on the smoothness issue - I'll offer this as an explanation though - several segments in the video are played at 2 or 3 times recorded speed. So, what looks smooth at normal speed now looks a bit jerky at twice or three times playback speed. It was such a large area and I was flying over enough distance that the pace was too slow for it to be played back at normal speed.
2017-3-7
Use props
Sloan Fischer
lvl.3
United States

Super super cool! I love Utah so much. Been there before and I fell in love with it
2017-3-7
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job Ron, spectacular scenery.
2017-3-7
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

RonBurk Posted at 2017-3-7 10:55
Thank you! I agree on the smoothness issue - I'll offer this as an explanation though - several segments in the video are played at 2 or 3 times recorded speed. So, what looks smooth at normal speed now looks a bit jerky at twice or three times playback speed. It was such a large area and I was flying over enough distance that the pace was too slow for it to be played back at normal speed.

Got it. That explains much - because high speed playback makes things a bit shaky. Think it was the best solution for this vast area!
2017-3-8
Use props
RonBurk
lvl.3
United States

Sloan Fischer Posted at 2017-3-7 14:35
Super super cool! I love Utah so much. Been there before and I fell in love with it

Yeah... it's way cool out there. This was my first time since having the Phantom, plus it was a driving trip so it was a no-brainer to bring it along.
2017-3-8
Use props
RonBurk
lvl.3
United States

rodger Posted at 2017-3-7 14:47
Great job Ron, spectacular scenery.

I appreciate that, Rodger!
2017-3-8
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

Beautiful scenery! We get up to Utah typically once a year at least, to visit my wife's family. The state has so many incredible landscapes!
2017-3-8
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

RonBurk Posted at 2017-3-8 12:35
I appreciate that, Rodger!

Not a problem. We look forward to more.
2017-3-9
Use props