3442 14 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansff2fdfcd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1441624 ft
Ireland

hi
Using IPad mini 2 on phantom 3a never had an issue.
Bought an Inspire v1 today, video lag is really bad, screen renewal every 2 seconds, making it impossible to fly.
App version 3.1.5
Aircraft version 1.10.01.40
Controller version 1.7.60
I've noticed on this forum that IPad mini2 should work ok. I have tried using iPhone 6 Andy no problems whatsoever ever

Any ideas?

Declan

2017-3-5
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

I use an iPad mini4, and it works perfect. Generation two is old, and slower everything.
2017-3-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi
The iPad mini 2 is okay with the inspire 1 series of aircraft and I have used it successfully. Make sure that you are not running other programs in the background as it can take away from the DJI Go App. With that said, the DJI Go App have been constantly updated with more CPU loading that can affect the iPad speed over time.  I use this iPad more as the camera operator slave set up now.

I also use the iPad mini4 with Wi-Fi / Cellular. This has the GPS module built in that can be used with follow me if you use that feature. I tend to use the mini 4 more than the mini 2 now as it definitely has more power to deal with the DJI App.

Hope this help you

Rich
2017-3-5
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

Mini 2 is fine - works perfectly - the screen brightness could be better outside however.
2017-3-5
Use props
Kopteristi
lvl.3
Finland

For me Ipad Mini 2 16Gb cellular (iOS 10+) had very laggy video with Inspire 1. Inspire 2 was fine. I tried clean install of Ipad and installed only DJI Go, still laggy.

Now with Ipad mini 4 everything runs smooth.
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Kopteristi Posted at 2017-3-5 21:25
For me Ipad Mini 2 16Gb cellular (iOS 10+) had very laggy video with Inspire 1. Inspire 2 was fine. I tried clean install of Ipad and installed only DJI Go, still laggy.

Now with Ipad mini 4 everything runs smooth.

Which Go app version are you running? Do you have hardware decoding enabled or disabled?
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Do you also have hardware decoding enabled, or disabled?
2017-3-5
Use props
Kopteristi
lvl.3
Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-5 22:50
Which Go app version are you running? Do you have hardware decoding enabled or disabled?

Jamie, DJI Go version was latest last week Wednesday, I dont know version. I made factory reset for Ipad and installed everything from scratch without iCloud restore.
Main reason for purchasing Ipad Mini 4 was Autoflight Logic Autopilot which is much smoother with Ipad 4 and Ipad 2 is not fully supported anymore. DJI Go was laggy but usable anyway. My Ipad mini 2 is sold and I can't check it anymore.
I used Ipad Mini 2 with PH3 Advanced, PH4, I1 and I2. I2 has been very good and also PH4 was perfect up to a kilometer out at least. PH3 and I1 has been more laggy.

Ipad mini 4 seems to work perfectly with I1 and I2 which I've used recently.

Where is decoding setting? It was and is as Default what ever it is.
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kopteristi Posted at 2017-3-5 23:42
Jamie, DJI Go version was latest last week Wednesday, I dont know version. I made factory reset for Ipad and installed everything from scratch without iCloud restore.
Main reason for purchasing Ipad Mini 4 was Autoflight Logic Autopilot which is much smoother with Ipad 4 and Ipad 2 is not fully supported anymore. DJI Go was laggy but usable anyway. My Ipad mini 2 is sold and I can't check it anymore.
I used Ipad Mini 2 with PH3 Advanced, PH4, I1 and I2. I2 has been very good and also PH4 was perfect up to a kilometer out at least. PH3 and I1 has been more laggy.

Hardware Decoding can be found in the General Settings section of the Camera View. It would be the second option from the top.
2017-3-6
Use props
Kopteristi
lvl.3
Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-6 12:04
Hardware Decoding can be found in the General Settings section of the Camera View. It would be the second option from the top.

Now it looks familiar and have seen it before. I never touched that because I didn't study what it actually does. So it has been as default.
BTW, what are differences with two options?
2017-3-6
Use props
CHPV Media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1870249 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We have just changed are iPad mini 2 for iPad air 2 as we had video lag and video lost after we upgraded from 1.8 firmware
Now it all work fine.
2017-3-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Kopteristi Posted at 2017-3-6 21:57
Now it looks familiar and have seen it before. I never touched that because I didn't study what it actually does. So it has been as default.

Hardware decoding is available ONLY on the Apple Apps and is NOT defaulted to On  ( In My experience anyway ) what it does is take some of the Load off the Processor of the Apple  device for smoother video . I am BELIEVE it places the load back on the RC but can't say that for sure .  I just know it takes some of the strain off the Go App device and solves many video problems . The systems that dont have at least a A7 processor will surely benefit from enabling it .

I personally Have the I -Pad Pros and have had the  I -pad  Air in the Past and they work flawlessly .  I see so often pilots that struggle with video issues and try everything to solve it , then as soon as they upgrade to the Pro or Air , the video Issues go away .  I must say that some users have no Problems with I pad Minis 1 - 2 or 3 but each circumstance is different .  If there is a lot of competition for signal or depending on what RC strength transmitter  you have ( controversial point )  will determine if you get a clean signal .

good Luck

donnie
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kopteristi Posted at 2017-3-6 21:57

Donnie hit the nail on the head.
2017-3-7
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same issue back in Sept of 2016. Had some wonderful input from the forum but nothing was working. major lag or green screen yet if I used my IPhone 6 all was good. I ended up exchanging the Ipad mini 2 for another one. I have had no issues since. I do not understand why or what was different as both were the same model and the same software. One worked, one did not. Its been good since and I have 2 Inspire 1s and an Osmo all using the same Ipad mini 2
2017-3-7
Use props
Kopteristi
lvl.3
Finland

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-7 05:52
Hardware decoding is available ONLY on the Apple Apps and is NOT defaulted to On  ( In My experience anyway ) what it does is take some of the Load off the Processor of the Apple  device for smoother video . I am BELIEVE it places the load back on the RC but can't say that for sure .  I just know it takes some of the strain off the Go App device and solves many video problems . The systems that dont have at least a A7 processor will surely benefit from enabling it .

I personally Have the I -Pad Pros and have had the  I -pad  Air in the Past and they work flawlessly .  I see so often pilots that struggle with video issues and try everything to solve it , then as soon as they upgrade to the Pro or Air , the video Issues go away .  I must say that some users have no Problems with I pad Minis 1 - 2 or 3 but each circumstance is different .  If there is a lot of competition for signal or depending on what RC strength transmitter  you have ( controversial point )  will determine if you get a clean signal .

Good info Donnie, thank you!
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules