Westernmost place in continental Europe
667 9 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779839 ft
Portugal

Shot this short video during a very windy morning at Cabo da Roca (Cape Roca), a cape which forms the westernmost extent of mainland Portugal and continental Europe. The cape is in the Portuguese municipality of Sintra, near Azóia, in the southwest of the district of Lisbon, forming the westernmost extent of the Serra de Sintra.

This was one of the most windy flights I have ever flown and had engine power issues due to overheating as the drone had to fight it's way back from the beach, about 600meters away from the coast, facing some strong cross winds.

This was shot with a DJI Phantom 3 Standard and edited in Final Cut Pro X.

Music: "Flash", by Attom (https://soundcloud.com/mrsuicidesheep/attom-flash)

2017-3-5
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Nice colouring. What is that big radar thing? Did you get any interference warnings. I wonder if they picked you up on that radar.
2017-3-5
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Portugal

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-3-5 14:47
Nice colouring. What is that big radar thing? Did you get any interference warnings. I wonder if they picked you up on that radar.

Hi, good question, I had not though about the purpose of that radar and I probably showed up on someone's screen for sure . I didn't get any interference warnings though. I tend to get interference warnings if I fly near power lines, for instance and I've had instances where I've not been able to calibrate the drone even a tens of meters of distance from a powerline.
2017-3-6
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

beautiful. Nice sound track too. I get the willies seeing people near the edge
2017-3-6
Use props
RG Drones
Second Officer

Brazil

Good job! Scenes incredible.
2017-3-6
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Nfbarreto@gmail Posted at 2017-3-6 08:13
Hi, good question, I had not though about the purpose of that radar and I probably showed up on someone's screen for sure . I didn't get any interference warnings though. I tend to get interference warnings if I fly near power lines, for instance and I've had instances where I've not been able to calibrate the drone even a tens of meters of distance from a powerline.

I think you triggered a European wide UFO alert

Good to know these don't cause a problem, got one like it on the coast near me and thought it may fry my phantom insides. Time to get on radar.
2017-3-6
Use props
Mikkovtun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5247953 ft
  • >>>
France

Чудові кадри! Сочні !
2017-3-6
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

What a place! The coast of Portugal is beautiful, especially those rocky coastlines. Like it!
2017-3-6
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Beautiful
2017-3-6
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Portugal

eliot may Posted at 2017-3-6 10:04
beautiful. Nice sound track too. I get the willies seeing people near the edge

Yes, very dangerous place for people to be right on the edge. Last year some people died falling from those cliffs taking a selfie ...
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules