Phantom 3 STD Update Problem
4558 12 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shwenkerbean
New

United States

I have a Phantom 3 Standard and have had no problems, until the other day when the system updated.  Now the drone does not work, and I can find work arounds for similar topics online, none seem to resolve the issues.  The update process was interrupted when my tablet battery died.  Maybe the drone has updated but not the remote.  Who knows.

1.  The drone will not take commands from the remote.  Example, the camera tilt does not move the camera.
2.  After turning on and cyclling, the yellow lights blink fast.
3.  The app screen top center says "Signal Lost"
4.  The Radio Channel Quality switches rapidly from good to poor.
5.  The drone video is visible on the app.

Anyone have any great ideas.  I have gone through updates a few times.  I have tried everything else I can think of, but I still gave a dead drone.

2017-3-5
Use props
Sp00nix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28678 ft
United States

Have you tried re-pairing the remote and phantom?
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please try to link your aircraft and remote again?
The led status on remote is red, right?
After linking them, please check the firmware version on "About" page to make sure all are latest.
2017-3-5
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Not much info given but you can start by telling us a few things:
1. When powered on (both remote and aircraft) is the status LED on the gimbal red or green?
2. Is the aircraft beeping loudly and continuously?
3. The mobile device only downloads the firmware from DJI and reports on the upgrade progress. Although it seems your RC control signal is just not linked to the AC, there is a possibility that something has gone wrong when the upgrade was attempted.

In regard to questions 1 and 2, the aircraft will still be able to complete upgrading as  long as the firmware is present on the SD card. In this case of a failed upgrade and hence red LED and beeping, you will only have to turn on the remote and the aircraft and wait until the status LED turns green, sometimes this could take 25-30 minutes.... And never interrupt the upgrade process.

If this does not work and you still cannot re-link the RC to the AC, there are still 3 options you can follow but I'll mention only the one that is quickest and easiest.

That being said, consider pasting the version 1.7.9 firmware (get it at Phantomhelp.com) onto the freshly formatted SD card. Insert the card into the camera and power on only the AC. Then just wait. Once the downgrade process is complete, you can then power cycle the RC and AC and link the AC to the remote (as described in the manual)
Then follow the app's recommendation to upgrade to the most recent firmware version. Both the remote and aircraft will then receive the most recent firmware....... Do this only with fully charged batteries, good internet connection and infinite patience.

2017-3-5
Use props
Makokiller
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1115095 ft
United States

Wow. Never heard of a problem after an update before..
2017-3-6
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Makokiller Posted at 2017-3-6 04:39
Wow. Never heard of a problem after an update before..

It can happen. I've had one that failed due to external factors but I just walked away and let the process continue until it was finished (with 25 minutes of loud beeping) On another occasion I had to downgrade to a previous fw version using the SD card method and then let the app perform the upgrade again.
I blame my crappy internet for my past failed upgrades. The latest firmware is good. The app also is good.
I hope the OP gets his control signal re-linking issue sorted.
2017-3-6
Use props
Shwenkerbean
New

United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-3-5 23:54
Not much info given but you can start by telling us a few things:
1. When powered on (both remote and aircraft) is the status LED on the gimbal red or green?
2. Is the aircraft beeping loudly and continuously?

Thanks.  I will try this and report back.  I have relinked two remotes.  I have an old remote from an earlier crash.  That remote "linked" from all I can tell when you go through the process, but then doesn't work.  I will check on the LED color.  I'm pretty sure the answer is red.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Shwenkerbean Posted at 2017-3-6 10:25
Thanks.  I will try this and report back.  I have relinked two remotes.  I have an old remote from an earlier crash.  That remote "linked" from all I can tell when you go through the process, but then doesn't work.  I will check on the LED color.  I'm pretty sure the answer is red.

Please keep us posted here, thanks.
2017-3-6
Use props
Shwenkerbean
New

United States

So I tried Betmace's walkthrough.  I have the same result.  What I did notice is that when I turn the remote on and off, the yellow blinking lights on the wing flash green a few times, then go back to yellow.

The LED light on the camera is green.  The LED bottom on the bottom is red.
2017-3-7
Use props
fansf342d5fa
New

Russia

i have same problem
2017-3-8
Use props
TimmyIp
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Shwenkerbean Posted at 2017-3-7 19:42
So I tried Betmace's walkthrough.  I have the same result.  What I did notice is that when I turn the remote on and off, the yellow blinking lights on the wing flash green a few times, then go back to yellow.

The LED light on the camera is green.  The LED bottom on the bottom is red.

I have the same experience. The update process was stopped suddenly.  The drone did not  take commands from the remote and the drone beep loudly and continuously....
My method was to delete the .txt file in SD card. After you deleted the file and turn on the remote, app and drone. The app will recommend you to upgrade the firmware again. Choosing upgrading the firmware (with 30 minutes of loud beeping) until the process was finished. Then the problem was solved.
2017-3-8
Use props
Shwenkerbean
New

United States

Thanks Guys.  Installed a memory card with nothing on it, i.e. no upgrades, firmware, etc.  Started software and went through the update process.  The key was NO data on the card.
2017-3-8
Use props
fccooper2001
New

United States

I am having a similar problem to what is being discussed above.  Loss of control within 100' or so.  Checked the SD card and only photos.  Reformatted the SD card.  Pasted V01.07.0090.bin on the card, turned on the aircraft ad let it go for several hours.  It never did stop flashing (several short yellow followed by 2 long red. Did not have RC on).  Checked the SD card and showed the V01.07.0090.bin and the .TXT file.  The .TXT file said a successful install.  Turned aircraft, RC and APP on and it asked me to upgrade, which I did.  The upgrade took 10 minutes, with the following results

.TXT file   2017.03.15  06.10.19
                 Packet: PC3_FW_V99.99.999.bin
                 Skipped: P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.bin
                  Upgrading . . . .
                  Result: Success
SD card had 3 files:
                  P3C_FW_V01.07.0090_skipped.bin
                  P3C_FW_99.99.999.bin
                  .TXT file
Lights Status:  4 short greens, 2 long red, Camera LED is green.

Not in Beginner Mode.  The APP also turns off my cell phone from time to time when I attempt to fly.

I m thinking I am still missing something.  Can anyone re-direct this new guy?
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules