Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingFish82
First Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello All,

On this day I took the Mavic Pro for a flight to capture the beautiful views of Coconut Grove and the Grove Marina. The conditions where a bit windy and bright sun so I used  the Polar Pro Vivid Series filters ND8/PL. This filter helped reducing the Glare off the water and slows down the shutter speed which allows for smoother shots, The video was recorder in 4K 30 fps and no post color-grading was done. Hope you Enjoy the view and share if you liked!

Cheers, and fly Safe!

2017-3-6
Use props
GravitonPhotogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

Nice vid. What Sharpness, contrast and saturation was it set at ?
2017-3-7
Use props
Dazba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17188 ft
United Kingdom

Really nice Sebastian, good to know the Mavic can produce superb results without having to colour grade the footage. I just want to have fun with my Mavic and not bother with too much post production. What custom camera settings do you use? I use SHA 0, CON -1 SAT +1 on D-Cinelike. Just subscribed to your YouTube channel, looking forward to more vids
2017-3-8
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

At about 19 seconds, on the right side there is a boat going backwards. Hmm reversing the video is safer than flying backwards when recording video.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the video.
2017-3-8
Use props
FlyingFish82
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2017-3-8 06:22
At about 19 seconds, on the right side there is a boat going backwards. Hmm reversing the video is safer than flying backwards when recording video.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the video.

Haha, you got it! yeah reversing video is def safer, thought there are some unplanned shots that while you review them, could work in reverse for certain transitions without making the video look too odd. Im Glad you enjoyed! more to come from my latest trip later this week. Fly Safe!
Cheers!
2017-3-14
Use props
FlyingFish82
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GravitonPhotogr Posted at 2017-3-7 22:33
Nice vid. What Sharpness, contrast and saturation was it set at ?

GravitonPhotogr: I have been using the Polar Pro vivid series filters for most of my sunny day flights and I find that leaving the camera in Auto does a very descent job without needing to get to fancy about color grading.
2017-3-14
Use props
FlyingFish82
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dazba Posted at 2017-3-8 00:54
Really nice Sebastian, good to know the Mavic can produce superb results without having to colour grade the footage. I just want to have fun with my Mavic and not bother with too much post production. What custom camera settings do you use? I use SHA 0, CON -1 SAT +1 on D-Cinelike. Just subscribed to your YouTube channel, looking forward to more vids

Dazba: First of all thanks for subscribing, I hope you enjoy all the footage to come. I just got back from a trip to central FL and have a little vid in the works, will be uploading to my channel soon.
As for the settings I use, im really liking the PolarPro Filters, combined with Auto settings and Color, they provide good results as far as Sharpness and saturation. there are some instances when light is low where saturation might be a bit hight but that is easy to colorgrade, even with a simple video editing software. Thanks again and glad you enjoyed the Videos!

Fly Safe!
Cheers.
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules