Camera photo button stuck
4503 11 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tim the Toolman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 275817 ft
Australia

Not sure why this has happened but is there another way to take photo shots? I'm in outback Australia for three days and won't be back in the city until then to get it fixed?
2017-3-6
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's the GO4 App button and the button on the remote..
Camera_Buttons.png
2017-3-6
Use props
Tim the Toolman
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks Daroga but that is the button that is stuck. I thought I could use the button on the screen but it will only video not take shots?
2017-3-6
Use props
seeker_ktf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

Just above the video/shutter button on the screen is a photo/video toggle button.  It looks a little like a "recycle" button with the sem-circular arrows going between a small video camera and photo camera.  Tapping that with switch between photo and video modes.  The, pressing the red button on the screen will either take a picture or switch the video recording on/off.
2017-3-6
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

seeker_ktf_ Posted at 2017-3-6 19:13
Just above the video/shutter button on the screen is a photo/video toggle button.  It looks a little like a "recycle" button with the sem-circular arrows going between a small video camera and photo camera.  Tapping that with switch between photo and video modes.  The, pressing the red button on the screen will either take a picture or switch the video recording on/off.

Not-so-obvious... Thanks seeker_ktf_....
When video is selected, the GO4 app button is RED.
When photo is selected, it's WHITE...
2017-3-6
Use props
Tim the Toolman
lvl.1
Australia

Yep did pick that up and you're spot on and for some reason whilst I can video (red button) it refuses to take more than one photo utilising that shutter button on the iPhone screen. I'm afraid what must have happened is because the shutter button is jammed on the mavic remote then it is effecting that use of that button on the screen. I can video no worries with either the screen or the remote
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tim the Toolman Posted at 2017-3-6 22:41
Yep did pick that up and you're spot on and for some reason whilst I can video (red button) it refuses to take more than one photo utilising that shutter button on the iPhone screen. I'm afraid what must have happened is because the shutter button is jammed on the mavic remote then it is effecting that use of that button on the screen. I can video no worries with either the screen or the remote

Could you please make a short video for better assistance?
2017-3-6
Use props
Tim the Toolman
lvl.1
Australia

I've made it back to Melbourne as I couldn't film the issue only having one phone.
Latest result, DJI want the controller for an indefinite period but have a massive backlog of items to fix - omg what??? - and can't issue me with a replacement so stiff luck on a brand new remote only theee days old and used twice. Good on DJI that is absolutely useless.
I'm off on a South Pacific cruise in a fortnight and this drone was bought for that special occasion for my wife's 50th and now you've totally buggered it up. Thanks
No more DJI for me from now on. I have had heaps of questions regarding it from associates but now I'll be steering them well clear of your products
2017-3-9
Use props
Hjalmtyr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29790 ft
Iceland

I have this problem on Mavic Air, Photo/Video Toggle does not work on my Lenovo - it tab 4 8-50 8" (Android 7.1.1) but it works on my LG G6 (Android 7.0)
2018-5-16
Use props
Hjalmtyr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29790 ft
Iceland

Hjalmtyr Posted at 2018-5-16 02:09
I have this problem on Mavic Air, Photo/Video Toggle does not work on my Lenovo - it tab 4 8-50 8" (Android 7.1.1) but it works on my LG G6 (Android 7.0)

Re-installed the app on the Tab and now it works
2018-5-17
Use props
djiuser_GIyxegy3e32N
New

United Arab Emirates

Same issue here with the controller the button on the remote controller is getting stuck which affects my Gimbal movement and shows as if it's pressed without me touching it.

Don't know what to do?
2020-11-22
Use props
Tim the Toolman
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_GIyxegy3e32N Posted at 11-22 03:26
Same issue here with the controller the button on the remote controller is getting stuck which affects my Gimbal movement and shows as if it's pressed without me touching it.

Don't know what to do?

How my problem got fixed was actually by flying and the pressure at elevation seemed to have popped out the button.

DJI were totally useless in trying to help though and in the end I gave up.
2020-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules