Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any news on RC FW 1.8 update issues?
123Next >
5817 85 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4668169 ft
Germany

Any news about a revised RC FW 1.8? This version still causes video transmission failures on my setup.
Went back to 1.6 several times. The reminder "firmware update required"  (from 1.6 to 1.8) in the GO app sucks, because doing so would brick  again the RCs video transmission...

Did DJI try to offer a fix in the meantime or was the problem officially solved by indifference?

2017-3-6
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

I think it may be your device. Maybe it is out of spec? Or has some apps running that are taking all the resources.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What mobile device you use for the drone?
After installing the V1.6 firmware, it's working properly?
Please try another mobile device, and fly in different environment, if still the same case, then make a screenshot of the HD page and upload it here, thanks.
Besides, what is the APP version?
2017-3-7
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-7 01:50
What mobile device you use for the drone?
After installing the V1.6 firmware, it's working properly?
Please try another mobile device, and fly in different environment, if still the same case, then make a screenshot of the HD page and upload it here, thanks.

The video with the HD transmission glitch you can see above is taken with a Samsung Galaxy S7. The same error occurs when using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (T719), which I normally use.
Every time (since October last year) I update to RC FW 1.8 (e.g. when a new DJI GO version is released) I get these HD transmission problems. After downgrading to RC FW 1.6, everything works again as it should (and did before).
The DJI GO app version was always the latest update, so right now it is 3.1.3. The different behaviour of the two RC FWs 1.6 and 1.8 occur under the same environmental conditions (place and time).
Even switching the mobile device to "Flight Mode" (no LTE, no WLAN, no Blue Tooth) does not help RC FW 1.8 to work properly, while RC FW 1.6 works with all those connectivity options on.

This weekend I installed Litchi for the first time and it is the same here: With RC FW 1.6 everything works fine, with RC FW 1.8 installed the HD transmission becomes unstable with extreme digital artifacts or even blackouts.

I have the RC HDMI module option installed from the beginning on (October 2015). Is it possible that this module now causes the problems with RC FW 1.8? My RC serial number is: P81JCG13001128.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

vr-pilot Posted at 2017-3-7 18:09
The video with the HD transmission glitch you can see above is taken with a Samsung Galaxy S7. The same error occurs when using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (T719), which I normally use.
Every time (since October last year) I update to RC FW 1.8 (e.g. when a new DJI GO version is released) I get these HD transmission problems. After downgrading to RC FW 1.6, everything works again as it should (and did before).
The DJI GO app version was always the latest update, so right now it is 3.1.3. The different behaviour of the two RC FWs 1.6 and 1.8 occur under the same environmental conditions (place and time).

Thanks for the details.
Would you please make a screeshot about the HD settings page when flying with FW1.8 RC? I'll report it to our engineers for a further evaluation.
Besides, the android system for both Samsung are up to date as well, right?
Do you have other devices, such as iOS device to have a test?
2017-3-8
Use props
Peo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25409177 ft
Sweden

vr-pilot Posted at 2017-3-7 18:09

Hi, I have exactly the same problem and can add Samsung S5 and Samsung tab 10 & Nexus P8. All with the same problem. I have tested with two different Rc controls.
With and without HDMI module, no improvement. And all the phones and tab have the latest updates. It's just Rc 1.60 that works
2017-3-8
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

ive always had to many issues with a andrid device...  I went and bought a ipad for all my dji stuff and now I never have any issues...  just for  giggles I connect my android phone once and awhile and it works like crap.. the video gets laggy, skips out, and it will even tell me I have no video signal....  tlhen I switch to my ipad and no issues...  everytime I see a video issue here is someone using android too.....  trust me when I tell you to go buy a ipad... you will be real happy you did..  the only time I ever do have a issue with my ipad is on a real hot day..  the ipad gets hot from the sun and the processor throttles back trying to reduce heat and the video will then get real crappy.... but if you keep it cool it will work fine... and that's on a 80 plus degree day with the sun beaming directly down on me and the ipad...  so go get a ipad from someplace. borrow it from someone and try it and you will see most if not all of your issues will be solved....
2017-3-9
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-8 00:20
Thanks for the details.
Would you please make a screeshot about the HD settings page when flying with FW1.8 RC? I'll report it to our engineers for a further evaluation.
Besides, the android system for both Samsung are up to date as well, right?

Hello DJI Natalia,
as I said, I try updates from RC FW 1.6 to RC FW 1.8 only when a new version of the DJI Go App promises a possible solution for the problem.
So I did update DJI Go App from 3.1.3 to 3.1.4, installed RC FW 1.8 over RC FW 1.6: it is as always. Video transmission gets disturbed to a useless level.
You asked for a sreenshot of the RC FW 1.8 HD settings. I made some, but I deleted them accidentally from my Android device. But from what I could see on the HD settings screen: the only real difference is the degraded video image. The movement of the blue, green and red bars on the transceiver grafic are IMO the same with both RC FWs 1.6 and 1.8. None of the two is worse or better. Here is a RC FW 1.6 screenshot:
Screenshot_20170322-232619.jpg
So me and I think a lot of other users are locked in RC FW 1.6.
Any advice or problem solution is highly appreciated, because the permanent "Firmware update required" warning is really annoying.
This fiddling again took at least one hour of my spare time, for nothing.

EDIT:
Went through the FW procedures 1.6-1.8-1.6 again because of this thread:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 2440&fromuid=127639
but to no avail...
But on this occasion I took the HD page screenshot running on RC FW1.8:
Screenshot_20170323-003758.jpg
You see: NO DIFFERENCE. It is just the artifacts that ruin the HD transmission when running RC FW1.8 ... Back on 1.6 everything is good.
Maybe it is possible to let RC FW 1.6 be accepted by DJI Go App as "legal" and leave away the annoying "Firmware update required" warning?

2017-3-22
Use props
Barney Rubbel
lvl.4
United States

Was this the video you recorded, or just the feed to your smart device?  Ouch!  Barney
2017-3-22
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2017-3-22 15:08
Was this the video you recorded, or just the feed to your smart device?  Ouch!  Barney

The video posted on top of the thread is the video feed of the RC using FW 1.8. The video recording on the SD card is fine...
2017-3-22
Use props
fans37eb6cec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 484186 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have exactly the same problem and can add Samsung Galaxy S6 , Nvidia shield k1 and Samasumg tabs 2. All with the same problem.  And all the phones and tab have the latest updates. With 1.80 dont´t work
It's just Rc 1.60 that works.
2017-3-22
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Germany

fans37eb6cec Posted at 2017-3-22 15:43
I have exactly the same problem and can add Samsung Galaxy S6 , Nvidia shield k1 and Samasumg tabs 2. All with the same problem.  And all the phones and tab have the latest updates. With 1.80 dont´t work

Thanks for the input!

DJI, wake up!!!!
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

vr-pilot Posted at 2017-3-22 14:39
Hello DJI Natalia,
as I said, I try updates from RC FW 1.6 to RC FW 1.8 only when a new version of the DJI Go App promises a possible solution for the problem.
So I did update DJI Go App from 3.1.3 to 3.1.4, installed RC FW 1.8 over RC FW 1.6: it is as always. Video transmission gets disturbed to a useless level.

Appreciate your details, I do understand how you feel and would like to try my best to help you.
Just to verify, how about the performance if you use another device in DJI recommended list? which may help us locate the issue.
2017-3-23
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

fans37eb6cec Posted at 2017-3-22 15:43

My Sony Xperia runs fine Android 5. series version
2017-3-23
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.1
United States

The problem is the RC Version 1.8.  I had the same problem, video feed was so horrible I didn't feel safe flying out of sight,  I messed around with all type of settings and different devices and nothing worked,  so what I did was downgrade back to 1.6 and problem was solved,  I no longer have that choppy video any more.
2017-3-23
Use props
syafdal7
New

Malaysia

Johnny281 Posted at 2017-3-23 05:34
The problem is the RC Version 1.8.  I had the same problem, video feed was so horrible I didn't feel safe flying out of sight,  I messed around with all type of settings and different devices and nothing worked,  so what I did was downgrade back to 1.6 and problem was solved,  I no longer have that choppy video any more.

Hi Johnny..

i'm newbie here. I have the same problem as highlighted in this thread. How do you downgrade the RC version from 1.8 to 1.6? Thanks.

Rgds,
aeromasters
2017-3-23
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-23 03:11
Appreciate your details, I do understand how you feel and would like to try my best to help you.
Just to verify, how about the performance if you use another device in DJI recommended list? which may help us locate the issue.

Thanks for the reply!
You ask me to try other devices from DJI's recommended list. Maybe DJI should get aware of the fact that many users with different devices of many different manufacturers have general problems with RC FW 1.8 which they ALL did not have when using RC FW 1.6.

And where is the logic in asking me - the client - to try different other "recommended" devices that DJI should have tested themselves before launching RC FW 1.8 ?

Please DJI, take a look at all the posts and threads about this issue. Don't let your clients do the R&D.
Don't let your clients test/order/buy (?) devices of which they and you do not know if they will work.
Do something about this ruinous RC FW 1.8 in favour of all of us, including yourself.

Clients do since weeks and meanwhile months their best to help YOU! One more example here:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=87787&pid=742947&fromuid=127639

DJI, it is YOUR turn now. Clients have done what they could and much more than you should expect them to do.

EDIT:
I just saw your answer on this thread:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=79585&pid=741650&fromuid=127639
I also appreciate your feedback.
AND BTW: reading your advice in the above mentioned post: "The mobile device may be not powerful enough, please use a more recent  model if still the same case after you try the latest update." FYI: my video on top of this thread was made using a Samsung Galaxy S7. If that should not be "powerful" enough, I should forget about buying an S8 in the future (e.g. RC FW "1.9")?

2017-3-23
Use props
Kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-23 03:11

this is no longer acceptable answer

no one wants to buy an old android and some will never spend money on ANY IOS device.

Gl300A with K1 works perfect for 1.5 years until 1.8 fw--then video craps out
revert 1.6 and back to normal.

all the above posters have been saying this now for MONTHS>>>

they answer is what di YOU modify with 1.8 vs 1.6. therin lies the answer>.
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I've reported this concern to our engineers and asked them to follow up it as soon as possible. Thank you for your support.
2017-3-23
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.1
United States

syafdal7 Posted at 2017-3-23 07:09
Hi Johnny..

i'm newbie here. I have the same problem as highlighted in this thread. How do you downgrade the RC version from 1.8 to 1.6? Thanks.

connect you tablet/phone to your remote,    then turn your remote one (phantom does not need to be turned on)  once the dji go app opens on the top right corner you will see a menu button,  click on that and there you will see options to downgrade your remote to 1.6
2017-3-25
Use props
fans0a72e999
New
Flight distance : 381765 ft
Czechia

Johnny281 Posted at 2017-3-25 06:10
connect you tablet/phone to your remote,    then turn your remote one (phantom does not need to be turned on)  once the dji go app opens on the top right corner you will see a menu button,  click on that and there you will see options to downgrade your remote to 1.6

HI,

i have same issue as others. Having Samsung S6, DJI GO 3.1.4 and RC 1.8 but there is NO "downgrade to 1.6" in DJI GO APP. Please can you be more specific?
2017-3-25
Use props
vitor.damiani
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36657 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I downgraded from 1.8 to 1.6 and everything is back on again!!! Wake up DJI !!!
2017-3-27
Use props
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

we have analysised this issure , and we will settle this problem and upgrade the firmware later.
2017-3-28
Use props
fans2d4f0bb6
New

United Kingdom

Not sure if this is connected to this issue but I have a further problem...

Device not charging via controller? Should it?

I have recently bought a P3PRO. Just updated all firmwares, apps, etc, including my iPhone 5S. Now the 5S doesn't charge from the controller USB though all else seems to be okay. Maybe I'm imagining things but I'm sure it charged before? I've not flown it yet as I want all to be correctly set up to minimise any flight issues. Seems poor if I have to be restricted by the battery life of my iPhone device?
2017-3-28
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-23 19:33
I've reported this concern to our engineers and asked them to follow up it as soon as possible. Thank you for your support.

Any news about the issue?
Is there a chance that a DJI GO app update or a new RC FW will bring a cure in the future?
Maybe I will give DJI GO app v3.1.5 a try this week.
But I see myself downgrading the RC FW from 1.8 to 1.6 again like I did with every GO app update since October 2016...
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

vr-pilot Posted at 2017-4-9 11:12
Any news about the issue?
Is there a chance that a DJI GO app update or a new RC FW will bring a cure in the future?
Maybe I will give DJI GO app v3.1.5 a try this week.

Our engineers replied this thread at 23#, they are aware of this issue and will fix it with firmware upgrading in near future.
Appreciate your feedback and supporting!
2017-4-9
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Thx a lot Natalia.

Is it save downgrade RC to 1.6 but still last FW on aircraft?

2017-4-10
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Dovivan Posted at 2017-4-10 01:22
Thx a lot Natalia.

Is it save downgrade RC to 1.6 but still last FW on aircraft?

It is safer than flying with a screen becoming blocked by artifacts or blackouts...
2017-4-11
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-9 20:11
Our engineers replied this thread at 23#, they are aware of this issue and will fix it with firmware upgrading in near future.
Appreciate your feedback and supporting!

Thank you DJI Natalia!
I read post #23 by "neonadler" (New), but it didn't have the look of an official DJI representative to me.
So I actually thought it was some kind of "trolling" going on here, like playing with typical (often heard) expressions like:
- "we have analyzed the issue"
- "we will settle this problem"
- "we upgrade the firmware later"
But in fact this post seems to be a "silver lining on the horizon" for dedicated Phantom 3 users, that after 6 months the issue could get solved.
EDIT:
BTW, solving this problem "in the end" would bring back quite some faith in DJI's product life cycle ideology to me.
DJI is - IMO most of the time - a good company with great products and engineering.
2017-4-11
Use props
romansu
lvl.2
Latvia

Exactly the same problem with my P3P
2017-4-17
Use props
Loadnabox
lvl.1
United States

I just downgraded to 1.6.0 and everything works great again
2017-4-24
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

So is it safe to fly after downgrading the R/C  firmware, or is it better to wait for an update that might never come. Can i even downgrade useing  IOS and a ipad 4 mini?
2017-4-27
Use props
Loadnabox
lvl.1
United States

Hawk Wingover Posted at 2017-4-27 09:03
So is it safe to fly after downgrading the R/C  firmware, or is it better to wait for an update that might never come. Can i even downgrade useing  IOS and a ipad 4 mini?

I can't find any issues with downgrading the firmware on the controller.  Everything is working great in the DJI Go app and Litchi

Turn on the controller and open the app (do not turn on the aircraft)  from the very first opening screen of the DJI Go app, tap and hold the menu button at the top right for several seconds.  It will bring up a screen with options to downgrade the firmware.  I can't imagine they would put it there if it would void warranty or cause other issues
2017-4-27
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Ok thanks Loadnabox will give it a go now and fly on the weekend
2017-4-27
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Any news from DJI about the R/C firmware update for the p3p useing 1.6.0 and all is ok again but it would be useful is DJI would release an official update so it stops telling me to update the R/C.
2017-5-3
Use props
DiverDan
lvl.1

United States

I also, have a Galaxy S7.  I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a P3P.  I'm not sure that I will if the firmware is as buggy as in the original post.  The P3P I'm considering purchasing has an hour of flight training and set up.  I wonder how the "experts' at Enjoy (the company who delivers and does the training) would handle a bug like that.  I wonder if they'd even be aware of this issue.  It'd be ironic if a neeb like myself had to tell the "expert" that the solution is to go back to an earlier firmware version.
2017-5-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DiverDan Posted at 2017-5-3 09:30
I also, have a Galaxy S7.  I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a P3P.  I'm not sure that I will if the firmware is as buggy as in the original post.  The P3P I'm considering purchasing has an hour of flight training and set up.  I wonder how the "experts' at Enjoy (the company who delivers and does the training) would handle a bug like that.  I wonder if they'd even be aware of this issue.  It'd be ironic if a neeb like myself had to tell the "expert" that the solution is to go back to an earlier firmware version.

"  It'd be ironic if a neeb like myself had to tell the "expert" that the solution is to go back to an earlier firmware version."

I bet you'd 'enjoy' that (loud groan from the audience!).

But you'd be right of course, and although they might not be aware of all issues, I'm sure they would accept your contribution gracefully ("We'll take it away with us at the end of the session and come back with a reply", or words to that effect ).
2017-5-3
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Still no update thats strange
2017-5-10
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi DJI Natalia can you please tell me what DJI calls the near future ? we are all still waiting for the R/C firmware update for the p3p that cost me one arm + two legs Regards Hawk.{:4_173:}
2017-5-15
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-23 19:33

Can you also report that I STILL HAVE ACROSS THE BOARD an inability to set a homepoint with my IpadPro (with LTE on), iPad 3 (with LTE on), iPhone 7+, iPhone 6+, iPhone 5s and it won't let me set a homepoint at the RC (only on the bird) for months now with my Mavic, my Phantoms, and my Inspire 1.

I am not buying the Inspire 2 simply for this reason.

I finally went to the Apple store and they tested it with their own devices and had the same problem (we walked outside) and even one of the employees tried it with his own device it and it did that.

A lot of people don't know or don't care (it also effects follow me as that uses the GPS module in the tab/phone).

I am about ready to buy a GPS receiver and see if that works but that is just a waste of money for something that I don't want or need and have never needed in the past for any of my DJI products.

WHAT IS THIS?  Why has an issue been INTRODUCED to a formally perfectly working product. It's a bit uneasy to send a bird in the air while on a boat for instance without being able to reset the homepoint after I take off.

I know you have heard this from me many times but it is still an issue and I have heard nothing about it from anyone now. Its just a cold case but it has literally floored my entire fleet of DJI products and is keeping me from buying a fully loaded I2 that i was VERY excited to get.

PLEASE HELP!

For the record, the only item I get it to work on was a Galaxy S6 running Android (and not with any other Android devices I've tried with) and I was told my Francisco and Dugan than that is the tool DJI engineers in Shenzhen are using to test with.  ?????????????????? ALREADY
**** I realize this is in a P3P thread but I am trying to scream from my lungs at any location about my P4s, my Mavic and I1 and the inability to buy an I2.  Is there anyrhing from the engineers about this? It's not an unknown problem, it's easily replicatable and so what gives?

UPDATE: It's workling fine when I used my wife's work phone which is an iPhone 6 on the AT&T networks (NOTABLE) and also on v9.35 (before 10 of the iOs software).  I didn't fly it but it the GPS worked perfect with this combo!  So what could it be?  I am more frustrated not knowing what the issue is I think more than not being able to fly it. Now to find out if my wife owns that phone or not (because she stopped using it).  I've been relegated from my glorious iPad Pro to a tiny iPhone 6 (non plus) but hey, at least it workls and I can get back off the ground (aside from the fact that I also need to replace her cracked screen). Lol.  I should just buy a GPS recieveer.
2017-5-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules