Gotten insurance with State Farm? If so please read!
15843 97 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dcorbo
lvl.2

United States

geofox784 Posted at 2017-5-18 05:36
Just keep calling around. Also ask why they won't accept new business. The underwriter can deny it at their own discretion, but there are thousands of underwriters in each state.

State Farm pulled out of MA a few years back. No new policies are written in the state only transfers from out of state.
2017-7-31
Use props
dcorbo
lvl.2

United States

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-7-16 16:33
Has anyone gotten the PAP without having State Farm as your home / auto insurer?  I've talked to several State Farm agents in South Jersey and as soon as they find out I'm not a home or auto customer, it's a bums rush to get me out the door!

We already have an excellent Home & Auto insurance company, but they don't write this type of policy for a drone.

I can help you out. I'm in Paramus but can write a policy down south. 973-479-9959 Dillon
2017-7-31
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

dcorbo Posted at 2017-7-31 13:01
State Farm pulled out of MA a few years back. No new policies are written in the state only transfers from out of state.

That explains why no-one could find an agent lol
2017-7-31
Use props
dcorbo
lvl.2

United States

Hey Guys just FYI State Farm can write liability policies from Drone's now too. Effective August 1st we don't consider a drone an aircraft anymore. NJ guys feel free to PM if you want a quote. These policies start around $10 per month.

Revised the Aircraft exclusion by adding an exception for unmanned aircraft systems, or drones, used as model aircraft. Such aircraft must be used solely for recreational or hobby purposes, be designed to be operated within visual line of sight, and weigh no more than 55 pounds.

This exception does not apply if the ownership, maintenance, use, loading, or unloading of such aircraft results in: •property damage to another aircraft; or
•bodily injury or property damage resulting from interference with an aircraft carrying people.
2017-8-4
Use props
jcmavic83
New
Flight distance : 79491 ft
United States

I just wanted to share my experience with State Farm. They were very easy to get my policy started, it only cost me $60 for the first year. I started my policy in January 2017 and I had an incident the end of July 2017, last month. They were very easy getting through the claim process. Once I ordered and received my replacement drone, I called to get it insured. That did not go well, I am now being told the underwriter will not insure another one. So it looks like it is a one strike your out. I have only had two insurance claims in my life. One in 2010 and the other was the one from last month. So I am not a repeat offender of insurance claims. Just wanted to share my experience and for others to be prepared for a possible one strike your out. I am sure every underwriter is different but you never know what may happened. I feared this would be the case and turns out I was right.
2017-8-10
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
United States

Now with New Mexico, Tennessee, and Montana "coverage"!
2017-9-17
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
United States

And now there is an agent listed for Kentucky. 42 states. Only missing 6 states now (two, CA to MA don't allow it).
2017-10-13
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
United States

Re-did some of the formatting to make it easier to find each state as well as more clear if a state is missing from the list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... edit#gid=1180163488

2017-10-23
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Thanks for this resource!

I just sent an email off to an agent in Chicago, I'll see what comes of it.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-7
Use props
djiuser_sr1ICqxIIhia
New
United States

Recently covered in Washington by a great State Farm agent who is really interested in drones and flying. And he would love to write more drone policies. He suggested I cover my full replacement costs to include sales, tax, ND filters, upgraded carrying case, etc. My policy is for $1750 and costs $48 per year with ZERO deductible. No need to insure auto, home, etc. although he is willing to give you a quote if you would like. I am a Chamber of Commerce President and he supports his community. Class act!.

Jeffrey Kalvelage, Agent License #893590
(206) 588-0559
315 N. 36th St Ste 201
Seattle, WA 98103
https://jeffkinsurance.com/
2018-2-7
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
United States

Sorted about 50 new entries. Now Over 150 entries!
2018-6-4
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

geofox784 Posted at 2018-6-4 02:34
Sorted about 50 new entries. Now Over 150 entries!

I have had State Farm policy for drones for almost 1 year, 3 drones P4P, MP and MA for total of $3,750.00 in coverage, should also inform that if you file a claim within the first year of coverage (at State Farms consideration) they may or may not renew your policy. Still well worth the cost even if you only use it once.
2018-6-4
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97224 ft
United States

Just got a policy written in South Carolina for my mavic and  extras but they won’t write a policy for my Phantom because it’s was acquired through a trade of some parts they demand a invoice for all equipment! I don’t know itpf this is just the agency playing hardball about it? They won’t even write it if I physically bring in the phantom. Has anyone gotten a drone that was acquired through a trade or barter insured I went to the office on the list for Seneca SC, I’m still trying to figure out how to insure my P3P?  BTW I paid $60 for the mavic alone and the filters that she insisted on Marking as Lenses since she doesn’t know the difference between a lens and a filter I even had the mavic with me to show here exactly what they were! Then she gave. Me a hard time about the RC not having a Serial Number but she eventually let it slide! (I don’t know if Dji has a Serial number internally in the mavic RC’s? I couldn’t find one)
2018-7-12
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Any other Insurance companies doing this besides State Farm ?  Hartford ?
2018-7-12
Use props
MitchNC
lvl.1

United States

I called the office of Steven Dennis (NC) and the woman told me she would get me a quote within a day.  Never heard from her again.
I called my SF agent and they said they didn't know anything about the drone business, but referred me to J.R. McMillan at AAA Insurance.

Left a message Friday and hope to hear something.

I'm more concerned about liability insurance than insuring my drone.
I want to go out and start doing some small jobs for free for the practice but I need to be insured for accidents.
2018-7-14
Use props
fans741e564c
New

United States

I was just at statefarm like an hour ago, so is the homeowner/rental thingy is mandatory $10 and change monthly???
2018-7-18
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

Thanks so much, this is very helpful...now I hope they can cover my drone while traveling overseas
2018-7-19
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
United States

fans741e564c Posted at 2018-7-18 13:17
I was just at statefarm like an hour ago, so is the homeowner/rental thingy is mandatory $10 and change monthly???

Find a different state farm agent.
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules