Unavailability of video on lb2 Hdmi port when using GSPro
1407 8 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inconceivable
lvl.2

Pakistan

I am using a3,lb2 and non Dji AV gimbal. At air end analog video is connected to AV port of lb2 air module. At ground, video is being displayed on hdmi monitor using Hdmi port from lb2. Lb2 is configured through go app. But as soon as I launch GS pro app. Video disappears on hdmi display. It seems that gspro resets the lb2. But gspro app has no stating tab for lb2 settings. I am attaching the screenshot of GO app settings. Pl advice and correct me if I am missing something.

2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you're getting the AV feed but not the HDMI feed when using GS Pro, correct?
2017-3-8
Use props
Inconceivable 7
lvl.2

Pakistan

when I configure settings from go app then I am getting AV feed on go app window as well as hdmi video feed from hdmi port of lb2.
But as soon as I launch gspro. Hdmi feed from hdmi port of lb2 stops and I can only see the flight data on hdmi display. I am able to see AV feed on gspro window by selecting AV option from gspro video window settings. But there I see no option to enable hdmi/sdi port.
I have tried to open gspro after closing go app from the  background too but response is same.
So I am quite sure that when gspro app is launched, it reconfigures the lb2 video settings and disables the hdmi/sdi ports.

As I am using non dji av gimbal with no on board recording option. I have to record the video at ground end. For that I need the video on hdmi port. GSPRO is to be used for waypoints missions.
2017-3-8
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Inconceivable 7 Posted at 2017-3-8 19:41
when I configure settings from go app then I am getting AV feed on go app window as well as hdmi video feed from hdmi port of lb2.
But as soon as I launch gspro. Hdmi feed from hdmi port of lb2 stops and I can only see the flight data on hdmi display. I am able to see AV feed on gspro window by selecting AV option from gspro video window settings. But there I see no option to enable hdmi/sdi port.
I have tried to open gspro after closing go app from the  background too but response is same.

Hi,
today I tested a few things and I found an option on the GSP I did not know was there.
on the insert display was a small picture of a camera (top right) when I pressed it;  it showed a popup that had a % slider that selected the LB or ext av, I don't have an av connected so could not test.
I suspect you know of this and tried it!

ricci

2017-3-9
Use props
Inconceivable 7
lvl.2

Pakistan

Hi ricci,
Thanks for the reply, yes I can see a slider and select options for hdmi and AV. But these are all selections for gspro video window feed. I am able to see video on this window by selecting AV.
But where are the options to enable/select lb2 hdmi/Sdi port in gspro app, go app have these options but I cannot execute waypoint missions through go app? Those are the options which I require on gspro. So that I can record hdmi video on a hdmi display and use Gspro for waypoint navigation.

Furthermore, if there is a way to record  and save realtime video on iPad through gspro, that resolves my problem for now. Because I cannot record onboard video. That is why I want to use lb2 hdmi external port to record video.

Gspro video window

Gspro video window
2017-3-9
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

greetings Inconceivable 7,
I feel you have found another of the GSP’s issues!   I have a way to test in the field tomorrow,  if I connect my video goggles to the DJI controller hdmi output and make sure the output is turned on in the Go app,  I can see if it’s outputting a signal when the GSP is taking the focus and report back.

ricci
2017-3-10
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Inconceivable 7 Posted at 2017-3-9 20:01
Hi ricci,
Thanks for the reply, yes I can see a slider and select options for hdmi and AV. But these are all selections for gspro video window feed. I am able to see video on this window by selecting AV.
But where are the options to enable/select lb2 hdmi/Sdi port in gspro app, go app have these options but I cannot execute waypoint missions through go app? Those are the options which I require on gspro. So that I can record hdmi video on a hdmi display and use Gspro for waypoint navigation.

Inconceivable 7,
I have tested today to see if the GSP app has yet more issues but I have to say it worked. I connected my hdmi goggles to the DJI controller and whilst in the Go app, I set the output to ext,  (X5 camera) and hdmi, switched off the go app and opened the GSP app, I had the picture on screen and in the goggles via the HDMI port on the controller and working. Only time I lost the picture was when I opened the Go app and slid the slider to LB, turn it back and pictures appeared again.
I don’t know id the standalone LB@ has issues or the GSP app negotiates better via the DJI controller.
I hope DJI Jamie is able to help more.

fly safe

Ricci
2017-3-11
Use props
Inconceivable 7
lvl.2

Pakistan

Dear ricci,
Once again thanks for your efforts.
I have an extra lightbridge system which I am gonna test tomorrow.
I am using av input. That may be the difference I am not getting the video on ext port. But as you say that video stops when you moved the slider to lb2. I think I need to use slider setting as lb2 in case of av input.
2017-3-12
Use props
Inconceivable 7
lvl.2

Pakistan

These are the settings for which I am able to receive picture on go app as well as ext hdmi port
20170307_101252.jpg
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules