• Date : 2017.03.07
  • Aircraft Firmware : V 01.03.0418
  • Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.4.0.0
  • Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.1.3.0
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS : V 4.0.5
  • DJI GO 4 App Android : V 4.0.4

What’s New for Aircraft Firmware?

• Updated No-Fly Zone Management.  
  • Added lock gimbal function to fix the gimbal to its current position.
  • Added AFC function to support continuous auto focus when switching between scenes.
  • Upgraded D-Log color mode to extend dynamic range.

What's New for Phantom 4 Pro+ RC Firmware?

• Added option to turn off on-screen dispay to show camera view only when connected to an HDMI device.
  • Added support for editing original vide (4K resolution excluded).
  • Added offline map function.
  • Added WeChat application.
  • Fixed issue of live view not being displayed after entering camera view.

2017-3-7
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

AFC?!!! Awesome! I hope it works well. So tempting to update right now.
2017-3-7
Use props
ActionDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 487077 ft
Italy

Still no GCS Pro for the Pro+?

Scandalous. What are they waiting for? Phantom 5?
2017-3-7
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

This came today from Litchi on mail.

Dear Litchi Pilots,

There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

The Litchi Team
2017-3-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jetforce Posted at 2017-3-7 10:36
This came today from Litchi on mail.

Dear Litchi Pilots,

Same issue reported for Autopilot. I'd imagine the DJI Tactical Assault Team are abseiling down from helicopters (drones?) to address this as I type... hopefully.
2017-3-7
Use props
MrDave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1159331 ft
United States

After updating the firmware in the P4P and the Remote, aligning the IMU, Compass and running Gimbal calibration the Mechanical Shutter twitching the gimbal still exists.

Gimbal Twitch when taking photographs with mechanical shutter enabled still exists. Basically the horizon tilts a random amount every time the mechanical shutter is engaged. You won't notice this if shooting pictures while video capture is active as this defeats the mechanical shutter. The only way to see this problem is to be in "Camera Mode" and have "Mechanical Shutter ON" and take some pictures, at the moment of the picture being taken, the mechanical shutter can be seen closing (testing in the kitchen) and the gimbal rolls the horizon, sometimes a small amount sometimes a large amount. Some people say, "Meh, don't be so picky", while a person taking 'photograph stills' says, "The mechanical shutter is an advanced feature that we paid for, it needs to function correctly without disturbing the integrity of my photographs".
2017-3-7
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
Flight distance : 904888 ft
United States

downloaded the controller firmware a second time and it worked, I do have a locked ISO of 500 in dlog now
2017-3-7
Use props
JayOne
lvl.2
United States

just wondering what do they mean update no fly zone management??
2017-3-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI team, apart from a 'What's new' with the firmware, can you also incorporate a 'What's fixed' section too please.
2017-3-7
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-7 20:57
DJI team, apart from a 'What's new' with the firmware, can you also incorporate a 'What's fixed' section too please.

I don't think anything was fixed, because most the problems are due to low quality physical components. Can't fix a bad gimbal with software updates. We'll see what happens with the Phantom 5.
2017-3-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Helimage Posted at 2017-3-7 21:39
I don't think anything was fixed, because most the problems are due to low quality physical components. Can't fix a bad gimbal with software updates. We'll see what happens with the Phantom 5.

Hi. Not sure I agree totally with that comment, as I believe that the issue I have with the gimbal is that it isn't always sensing movement away from horizon to right the camera in all instances. It eventually rights itself, and that's why I'm hoping that it just requires sensitivity to yaw improved. But let's see what comes along in the near future...
2017-3-7
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Finland

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-7 22:47
Hi. Not sure I agree totally with that comment, as I believe that the issue I have with the gimbal is that it isn't always sensing movement away from horizon to right the camera in all instances. It eventually rights itself, and that's why I'm hoping that it just requires sensitivity to yaw improved. But let's see what comes along in the near future...

There are several issues concerning the gimbal, and the horizon drifting has been present more or less in pretty much every model. If it were fixable by a firmware update, it should've been done by now.
2017-3-7
Use props
fans847e5a8d
lvl.1

United States

Like most others, Why not GSP for the plus.   I use Litchi with my Mavic and love it. Why can't we have the option for that also. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
2017-3-8
Use props
Todka
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

Have the dodgy "High Wind Warnings" been fixed?
2017-3-8
Use props
airspace_media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190 ft
Australia

I haven't even got in the air yet and I am fairly pleased with the changes so far. Locking ISO at 500 in DLOG is interesting though I am keen to here DJI's thought on this change..

2017-3-8
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI - Support,

Please move this thread to the Phantom "Phantom 4 Pro" forum.  It is currently posted in the Phantom "Tutorial" forum.
2017-3-8
Use props
RodneyDangerous
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-8
Use props
fansd7561e41
lvl.1

United States

Looks like DJI is rating the camera at 500 ISO.  This is normal and expected for a log file.
2017-3-8
Use props
ChrisBWJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 596037 ft
United States

Todka Posted at 2017-3-8 04:03
Have the dodgy "High Wind Warnings" been fixed?

I took my 4Pro out in the 30+ mph sustained winds were having today in Michigan.  I kept it relatively low and out of the highest gusts (40-60 mph) as I was trying to build experience in less than desirable operating conditions.   It was interesting to see how well the 4Pro was mostly able to maintain position and perform basic flying maneuvers without incident in P mode.

No wind warnings.  That being said, I haven't seen them before on my bird.     
2017-3-8
Use props
fanse66a418d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2015741 ft
  • >>>
United States

is there a reason the EV isnt working in aperture priority or shutter priority or auto in DLOG mode now?
2017-3-9
Use props
kykphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Helimage Posted at 2017-3-7 21:39

Are they going to provide the Phantom 5 free of charge as a compensation for the problematic Phantom 4 Pro?
If not, what's the point? To pay another pack of money to buy another pack of problems?
2017-3-9
Use props
TZZDC1241
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42287 ft
United States

I'm curious how many owners have downgraded their firmware or if that creates more issues than it solves?
2017-3-9
Use props
RodneyDangerous
Banned

United States

2017-3-9
Use props
Charles Whitema
lvl.2
Flight distance : 923114 ft
United Kingdom

ActionDrone Posted at 2017-3-7 09:18
Still no GCS Pro for the Pro+?

Scandalous. What are they waiting for? Phantom 5?

I feel the same. Come on DJI!
2017-3-9
Use props
Charles Whitema
lvl.2
Flight distance : 923114 ft
United Kingdom

Ely324 Posted at 2017-3-7 20:23
downloaded the controller firmware a second time and it worked, I do have a locked ISO of 500 in dlog now

I don't get the locking to ISO500! DJI, please explain this and justify why a photographer would want to relinquish control of the ISO???
2017-3-9
Use props
RodneyDangerous
Banned

United States

2017-3-9
Use props
fans031ab422
New
Flight distance : 51083 ft
Russia

Hello! Where is the file version 01.01.03.00 for P4P plus? I can't find it at the http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
2017-3-9
Use props
fans09de312d
New

Germany

fans031ab422 Posted at 2017-3-9 11:14
Hello! Where is the file version 01.01.03.00 for P4P plus? I can't find it at the http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads

hey Fans031ab422,i found out the workaround how you will find the right file version for the controller. go on the page with the URL you already used. Than to the top of the page change the language into some chinese first (i don´t really know this step is really necessary) but than change it into english and let the page in englisch. go down again to the download section and like a mirracle the right file is there to download

2017-3-9
Use props
fans031ab422
New
Flight distance : 51083 ft
Russia

Thanks! But now I can't update succesfully  Update Failed. Error Code: 800
2017-3-9
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68737 ft
United Kingdom

DJI , you said you had a solution to the gimbal twitch issue and were going to rectify it in the next update !! Went out today after upgrading and guess what ? GIMBAL TWITCH IS STILL THERE !!
2017-3-9
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Finland

kykphantom Posted at 2017-3-9 02:55
Are they going to provide the Phantom 5 free of charge as a compensation for the problematic Phantom 4 Pro?
If not, what's the point? To pay another pack of money to buy another pack of problems?

Nobody is forcing you to buy DJI's products. They make great drones, but there are also some persistent issues and no means to fix them.
2017-3-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

On the subject of the firmware upgrade for my P4P (not +), I did note that the craft update took longer than previous updates, and there were additional camera movements which were different too. For example, twice the camera twitched to the left then after about 30 sec it twitched to the right. At one stage the camera went straight up diagonally, thumped against the top of the gimbal bracket, and after about 5 secs eventually dropped back to normal position. This to me suggests that more is being done in the update to attempt to set the gimbal correctly.

Everything after update (including for the RC) appears OK, although I did note when it was sitting in front of me while I was adjusting GO settings (all were reset to default with 4.0.5) that the camera was slooowly drifting degrees to the left then slooowly drifting back again - sort of like having a 'lazy eye'... ;-)  I'm hoping this doesn't persist when it's in flight.

Also it was clear that AFC was working (camera was really facinated with my knee for some reason), and yes D-LOG is indeed stuck to 500 (so I'll run with CINE for now).
2017-3-9
Use props
fans0cb8dfde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 209708 ft
Australia

Charles Whitema Posted at 2017-3-9 11:00
I don't get the locking to ISO500! DJI, please explain this and justify why a photographer would want to relinquish control of the ISO???

Im guessing here... maybe the sensors native ISO is 500. anybody else chime in on this if I'm wrong
2017-3-10
Use props
PKPhantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275276 ft
United States

RodneyDangerous Posted at 2017-3-9 10:52
The overall number one concern DJI owners have had for multiple product iterations has been the horizon issue:
DJI repeats the same "IMU and gimbal" calibration which is so frustrating because that does nothing. Then they say to send the drone in for repair. That also doesn't fix the problem. It is so irritating for DJI to basically repeat things that don't address the issue. That is why users get irritated with DJI- they feel like they are being ignored.
DJI also appears to have a habit of denying the issue. They show footage where the craft either isn't high enough to see a horizon, or is already in an environment which doesn't have a level horizon to begin with. That's why this is most obvious when flying over water.

You nailed it 100%. I could care less about advanced sensors, obstacle avoidance, flight modes etc. I just want the 'Horizon Tilt' issue addressed and permanently rectified once and for all. Even if it means switching the old gimbal with a more advanced one, I am willing to pay $$ out of my own pocket for that advanced gimbal without 'Horizon Tilt' problem. There is absolutely no point of releasing their next 'Phantom 5' in the market if it still has the same problem.......seriously.

My sole purpose for the Phantom is aerial photography. I just don't fly for fun. Their research and development team need to halt any further Phantom productions until they fix this extremely ANNOYING PROBLEM.

-PK
2017-3-10
Use props
TZZDC1241
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42287 ft
United States

PKPhantom Posted at 2017-3-10 00:47
You nailed it 100%. I could care less about advanced sensors, obstacle avoidance, flight modes etc. I just want the 'Horizon Tilt' issue addressed and permanently rectified once and for all. Even if it means switching the old gimbal with a more advanced one, I am willing to pay $$ out of my own pocket for that advanced gimbal without 'Horizon Tilt' problem. There is absolutely no point of releasing their next 'Phantom 5' in the market if it still has the same problem.......seriously.

My sole purpose for the Phantom is aerial photography. I just don't fly for fun. Their research and development team need to halt any further Phantom productions until they fix this extremely ANNOYING PROBLEM.

I'm curious does the Inspire 1/2 have the horizon tilt problem?
2017-3-10
Use props
Todka
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

i don't find the issue a big deal for stills, just straighten in post same as hand held camera use. Video however is very annoying.  

I wonder if DJI have tried a software based horizon reference. If the active track features can follow a person or vehicle, the smarts to identify the horizon and keep it level should be achievable I would have thought.  
2017-3-10
Use props
Airmunn
lvl.1

United States

HELLO ALL,   Updated with the NEW P4P+ firmware.  Trying to figure out how the OFF LINE MAPS work... Downloaded my area and was expectiing to be able to use offline feature.  How do I use the OFFLINE MAPS ? I still need to be connected to WIFI to get the maps to work. HELP anyone?  Thanks
2017-3-10
Use props
Kilstorm
lvl.1
United States

I received my P4P+ just a week ago and due to weather have only gotten in maybe 3 flights.  Of the few issues, the 4K video feed while recording was the one I saw right off the bat. That seems to be fixed (would of hated to have brought this upon release and just now getting that fixed).

That said, I noticed something odd on my test flight yesterday that I want to share for others to keep an eye out for incase this is a new bug.

P4P+
OAT was 50F
wind was 15-20mph
Flown on Nantucket MA over Sanford Farm which is a 3 mile stretch of preserve land so nothing but trees and open fields.
I was plugged into the HDMI with OSD showing for my Headplay to test that out as well.

I take off to check range and signal strength (spoiler it passed my first approval test) I got about 6000 feet out no biggy but then I put it in sports mode to return. At some point all my sensors and flight info started reading incorrectly. It would show VS up climbing when I was bring it down. It would show I was moving at HS of 10-15 when I was hoovering. It would show I had avoidance sensors when in Sport mode and not when I was in P mode. Basically all the info to show distance, speed, and sensors was wrong.

It flew normal and all the input controls felt right but when I got it back to me it was still showing distance and height from home point ot be way off like 70 feet away when it was right over where it took off from and much higher but I forgot what that reading was.

I landed, restarted and did some local flying and everything was back to normal.  So I do not know if this was a one time thing or something that might happen again so please be advised to this and keep an eye out for it in case this is something that becomes a know issue.
2017-3-10
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

Did thus fix the issue of skipping video when in 4K mode?
2017-3-10
Use props
Kilstorm
lvl.1
United States

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-3-10 07:17
Did thus fix the issue of skipping video when in 4K mode?

For me yes. From the few other post I've read from others who have updated, they too have reported that was fixed for them as well.
2017-3-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules